Warning! JavaScript is turned off or disabled! Some features on this website will not work.
« »
Advertisements

Beware of "Verizon World Apps International Ballot Award Draw" Scam at verizonballot.com

2018-03-13T05:18:27  +

There is NO "Verizon World Apps International Ballot Award Draw" and the website verizonballot.com is a fake. Therefore, Verizon customers who received email or text messages claiming that they are winners in this so-called lottery are asked to delete them and should not follow the instructions in them. Also, Verizon customers should not visit the fake and fraudulent website www.verizonballot.com. This is because the fake email messages are being sent by lottery scammers and the fake website operated by them.

Please continue reading below.

Advertisements

The "Verizon World Apps International Ballot Award Draw" Scam

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD) in the Verizon World Apps International ballot award draw. Paymennt Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( ballot@verizonballot.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free."

The fake email message is being sent out to potential victims by lottery scammers to trick them into believing they are winners in the so-called "Verizon World Apps International Ballot Award Draw" promotion. The scammers make the scam more convincing by claiming the potential victims were selected randomly through a computer ballot system, therefore, no participation was needed.

If the potential victims respond to the fake lottery email message, the scammers will respond asking them to send personal information in order to collect their so-called prize. Once the information has been sent, the scammers will ask the potential victims to send money, which they will claim is for taxes, processing fees, delivery fee, or some other fee. If the potential victims send the money, the lottery scammers will take it and disappear. The victims, on the other hand, will not receive the prize or money that they were promised and will be a few hundreds or thousands of dollars broke.

This is why online users should never send money or personal information to anyone who claims that they are winners in some so-called lottery. Legitimate lottery companies do not ask their winners to send money or personal information in order to collect their prizes.

Please share with us what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. Also, check the comment section below for additional information, if there is any.

Also, report scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent.

Remember to help us, help you, by donating. 🎁Click here to donate

Please continue reading below.

Advertisements
Comments, Questions and Reviews ✍

• Posted: Jul 16, 2018 3:20 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt

Hello, everyone, I received that email just today

"Dear winner.

We deeply congratulate you once again for winning In the On-Going 2018 UNIVERSAL MOBILE APPS SUPER AWARD DRAW. All participants’ Mobile numbers in this lottery program were selected randomly through a computer ballot system, drawn from 15,000.00 individual mobile phone numbers from all registered networks around the world. Your Mobile number was picked by the automated computer ballot system, which was programmed for this random selection. This random selection has eventually qualified you as the winner for this year Annual Universal Mobile App Lottery Winning Draw.

This promotional program takes place annually, and is being promoted and sponsored by eminent personalities like, Warren Edward Buffet, Mark Elliot Zuckerberg "Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp", Talmon Marco "Viber", and Bill Gates of Microsoft Inc. With the support of other corporate companies and organizations to encourage the use of Mobile phones App and computers systems worldwide."

Is that fake also as they just send me an email asking for my bank info?

• Posted: Jul 16, 2018 5:36 AM by info

Yes, it is a fake.

• Posted: May 23, 2018 2:53 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany

I transferred 4529 USD for the fake lottery prize to their bank accounts in Thailand. I borrowed that money. Please tell me, is there any way for me to take back my money? I am really poor person.

• Posted: May 23, 2018 3:19 PM by info

Contact the bank you have make the transfer from to see if they can help you.

• Posted: May 23, 2018 4:21 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Pristina (Industrial Zone), Pristina, Kosovo

Whyyyyy, it is to good to be true. Can't the good be true too?

I received that message too and i couldn't believe at first but then i said maybe it's true.

I didn't tell anybody except my dad ,but he immediately knew and told me to delete that number and not touch anything because its fake and it will just ask about my personal account info and it will take all of my money.

I searched that email that they gave it to me in the end of the message and then this is the first page i got into and from the comments that were here i realised that i am not the only one who has the same lucky "to win 400,000.00 dollars" which are 341,640.00 euros ( and yes i looked how much are 400,000.00 dollars"

Because i was excited just to think that finally i was able to build a new house for my family just at age 18,and then to pay for my college and yes it is to good to win 400,000.00 dollars with out doing anything, so in the future my goals are to work hard and to take good care of my family)

I felt dissapointed at my self; why i believed at them but thanks god it didn't last to long!

• Posted: May 22, 2018 2:15 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands

I recieved same message through viber. I transfered 4529 USD for them. Is any way to take back my money? Because I borrowed that money.

• Posted: May 22, 2018 5:02 AM by info

How did you send the money? Was it via credit card or money transfer service?

• Posted: May 18, 2018 11:29 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Seoul, Republic of Korea

This fake message came to me my Viber number:

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD)in the AT&T World Apps International ballot award draw. Payment Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( payment@atntwirelesscomm.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free.

Please contact ( payment@atntwirelesscomm.com )for your payment"

• Posted: May 8, 2018 9:18 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

I life at Kabul Afghanistan and I receive This message on my Viber..
    From this number( 8615584183507)

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD)in the AT&T World Apps International ballot award draw. Payment Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( superapps@atntwirelesscomm.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free.

Please contact ( superapps@atntwirelesscomm.com )for your payment"

• Posted: Apr 29, 2018 1:29 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Pristina (Mahalla e Muhaxherëve), Pristina, Kosovo

Yesterday I received this message:

"Congratulations !!! Your Mobile Number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars (400,000.00 USD) in the Verizon World Apps International ballot award draw. Now they says: Send payment form :
    1, Choose if you want to come to our bank in Bangkok,Thailand and sign M.O.U agreement with the Ministry of finance after which your prize fund will be released to you in person at our Bank head office.

2, Through Universal ATM Card: our bank credit card section will issue your won prize in a Universal ATM credit card and send to your postal address. You can be able to check your deposit and withdraw your funds from any Visa or Master Card ATM machine in any part of the world. You are required to provide the complete details of your postal address and a copy of your Government issued ID Card.
    3, Through Bank to Bank Transfer: Please provide the complete details of your account information's as shown below with a copy of your government issued Identification Card.

1) Bank Name
    2) Bank Address
    3) Bank Account number
    4) Account Beneficiary Name
    5) A Copy of a Government issued ID card."

• Posted: Apr 29, 2018 2:46 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Just now, I have received the same message on Viber advising that I have won $400,000 and claiming that it is from a globally well known provider (AT&T).

my friends, it is tooooo good to be true..

Take Care..

• Posted: Apr 11, 2018 8:58 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

Dear I have received the same email as you have mentioned in above and they told me that they have forwarded my amount to ingbank Bangkok Thailand and now they ask me for 1400usd IMF release certificate, but I am not stopped to pay any amount out of my country. I do not believe that there is any lottery if it really lottery and I am winner or fraud then let me know.

Thanks

• Posted: Apr 11, 2018 9:41 PM by info

It is a scam.

• Posted: Apr 9, 2018 1:27 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul (Wazir Akbar Khan), Kabul, Afghanistan

is anyone in here to tell me it's true or fake.

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD)in the AT&T World Apps International ballot award draw. Paymennt Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( ballot@atntwirelesscomm.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free."

• Posted: Apr 9, 2018 2:09 PM by info

It is a fake or scam.

• Posted: Apr 9, 2018 7:02 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Vienna, Austria

By Viber
    05. April. 2018
    06:01PM
    Wels.Austria"

But I didn’t believed it . 😜

• Posted: Apr 7, 2018 11:39 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

I have received the same message. I was very happy and thank God I was really happy, until I understand that it is a fake 😭

• Posted: Apr 5, 2018 3:47 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Napier City, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand

Lol...there is no Verizon here in New Zealand but I still received this.
    Via Viber haha.

a poor taste April Fool joke...

• Posted: Apr 4, 2018 7:55 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Caloocan City, National Capital Region, Philippines

I received the notice in my viber number. Obviously it's fake because I am not even a Verizon subscriber.

• Posted: Apr 2, 2018 11:50 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Vienna (Landstraße), Vienna, Austria

I got the same thing and I wanted to go till the end but I have stopped, is better

• Posted: Mar 31, 2018 1:49 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Islamabad, Pakistan

It's not true, it's fake; they send you by Viber or email that your winner of five hundred dollars and once you send money to them they will remove you from their system.

• Posted: Mar 29, 2018 9:15 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Yes, there were some people send me a message on Viber and talked me that I had won five hundred thousand dollars and take some information about me but I sent that I shall not send any money to receive the rewards and now I am sure that it is fake.

• Posted: Mar 16, 2018 9:24 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Meridian, Mississippi, United States

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD)in the AT&T World Apps International ballot award draw. Payment Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( superappsballot@atntwirelesscomm.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free."

Please help me is that true I don't know what am I doing?

• Posted: Mar 16, 2018 9:45 PM by info

No, it is not true, it is a scam.

• Posted: Mar 10, 2018 5:23 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi,

I got the same mame message on viber and unfortunately I have sent them my information like bank details and ID card info. They have now asked me for money though. I'm worried can they do some fraud on my personal details?

• Posted: Mar 11, 2018 4:45 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Zagreb, City of Zagreb, Croatia

No, they cant do nothing to u.

• Posted: Mar 10, 2018 7:47 PM by info

Contact your bank for help. You may need to cancel your credit card and get a new one.

• Posted: Mar 10, 2018 12:13 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

I have received a message in vibber that I have won 400000$. see the message:

"Congratulation your mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of four hundred thousands dollars in the Virizon world Apps international ballot award draw. payment Ref: VRZYS....PLEASE contact ballot@virzonballot.com."

• Posted: Mar 9, 2018 11:30 AM by an anonymous user from or near: New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, India

Same massage. I got onefrom mentioned fake address. I thought it’s True or how it can be.
    Thanks for your info.

• Posted: Mar 8, 2018 1:39 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

Hi, this is sadaqat,

Recently I have received below text and I think it is fraud please instruct me:

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD)in the Verizon World Apps International ballot award draw. Paymennt Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( ballot@verizonballot.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community and for helping to connect the world free."

• Posted: Mar 9, 2018 8:58 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Newark, New Jersey, United States

They are using this email: Ballot@verizoneballot.com

• Posted: Mar 8, 2018 1:52 PM by info

The text is a scam or fake being sent by lottery scammers, thieves, or cyber criminals. Therefore, just delete it.

• Posted: Mar 6, 2018 8:35 PM by info

Received via email:

"To whom it may concern:

Good day!

This evening, the verizon sent me this email. Kindly see below.

Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD)in the Verizon World Apps International ballot award draw. Paymennt Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( payment@verizonballot.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community and for helping to connect the world free.

And regrading on this, I tried to respond to them on this email that I'm using now. Then I found out and try to search it on google if this is scam and yes! I'm correct. So now, If they will respond me back, I know what to tell them. And definitely I will ignore them.

Thank you Mr. Google for the information I took from you.

God bless us all.

Best Regards "

• Posted: Mar 6, 2018 3:55 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Sharjah, Ash Shariqah, United Arab Emirates

Received this one on my viber account. I’m not even a Verizon user.

• Posted: Mar 2, 2018 8:45 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Huntington, Indiana, United States

Oh My God! I had sent my full name, address and phone number by email. What can happen to me?I am scared now.

• Posted: Mar 2, 2018 9:05 PM by info

The scammers will contact you and attempt to scam you, so just be careful going forward.

• Posted: Feb 27, 2018 9:41 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD)in the Verizon World Apps International ballot award draw. Paymennt Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( superapps@verizonappsballot.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free."

• Posted: Feb 26, 2018 9:05 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Seoul, Republic of Korea

thanks for posting this....

• Posted: Feb 24, 2018 10:13 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

I also receive a massage on my phone

• Posted: Feb 25, 2018 1:52 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Camberwell, England, United Kingdom

Thanks. I received them message. I reply on email and they asked me the same things what you said
      Now I will not send them more details.

• Posted: Feb 25, 2018 12:16 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

I also receive a massage on my phone

• Posted: Feb 24, 2018 11:04 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

I also received but... 😂😂

• Posted: Feb 24, 2018 11:10 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

I also receive the msg about four hundred thousand dollars

• Posted: Feb 24, 2018 7:20 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

Here is another scam:

• Posted: Feb 24, 2018 3:33 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

I have recived the same message in viber.
    I was very happy but when I have searched about that.so I have found that all of these are cheating which is done by some one.
    So never belive on these types of message that you recived.and dont give them your personal info.... or your mony.

Thanks:ehsanallah from kabul afghanista.

• Posted: Feb 23, 2018 10:28 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

how my number is selectd and how did you know about me?

• Posted: Feb 23, 2018 2:09 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul (Wazir Akbar Khan), Kabul, Afghanistan

I also received the following type of message in Viber:

• Posted: Feb 24, 2018 3:30 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

This msg came to me what should I Do??

• Posted: Feb 22, 2018 11:27 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

I am very thankful for your information.
    This mountebank people sent me a message like yours that you show. And I think maybe it has some problem and I was right.
    Thanks a lot.

• Posted: Feb 21, 2018 11:26 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Arnsberg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Vilen dank ich bin sher glücklich

-->

• Posted: Feb 21, 2018 8:41 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

Here is another scam:

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD)in the Verizon World Apps International ballot award draw. Paymennt Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( award@verizonappsballot.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free."

• Posted: Feb 20, 2018 10:28 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Munich (Ramersdorf - Perlach), Bavaria, Germany

Here is another scam:

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD) in the Verizon World Apps International ballot award draw. Paymennt Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( award@verizonballot.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free."

This msg from Verizon Viber unknown number.

• Posted: Feb 21, 2018 11:19 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Arnsberg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

The scam came from this email address: award@verizonballot.com

• Posted: Feb 20, 2018 9:54 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

Here is another scam:

• Posted: Feb 20, 2018 9:53 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kabul, Afghanistan

To day I found this massage on my viber how is it ?

• Posted: Feb 20, 2018 8:32 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India

How to get my money refunded.

• Posted: Feb 20, 2018 8:49 AM by info

If you made payment via credit card, contact your bank and ask them to cancel the transaction and refund your bank.

• Posted: Feb 20, 2018 4:54 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"Congratulations! Your mobile phone number was chosen as a favorable step from four hundred thousand dollars ($ 400,000.00) in the prize draw in the Verizon World Apps International newsletter. Paymennt Ref: VRZUS-VB / W779. Please contact (appsballot@verizonballot.com) to get the prize pool you won. Thank you for participating in our community and for helping us connect the world free of charge.

992988885881"

• Posted: Feb 18, 2018 4:15 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD) in the Verizon World Apps International ballot award draw. Paymennt Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( payment@verizonballot.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free."

• Posted: Feb 18, 2018 5:30 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Jalalpur, Gujarat, India

Here is another scam:

"99298873221 Congratulations!!!Your Mobile number has been selected as the auspicious champ of Four Hundred Thousand Dollars(400,000.00 USD)in the Verizon World Apps International ballot award draw. Paymennt Ref:VRZUS-VB/W779. Please contact ( award@verizonappsballot.com ) to receive your won prize fund. Thank you for being part of our community, and for helping to connect the world free."

• Posted: Feb 18, 2018 2:47 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

WHAT IS THIS?