To speed our investigation, we request the additional steps below when possible:
- If you received a suspicious email (Phish):
- Send the suspicious email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have already done so, no further action is required.
- If you received a suspicious voice call (Vish):
- Send the caller’s phone number and nature of the conversation to email@example.com with the word “VISH” in the Subject Line.
- In the United States, you may also submit a complaint to the FCC: http://www.fcc.gov/complaints.
- If you received a suspicious SMS Text Message (SMiSh):
- Send the message you received along with the sender’s phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “SMISH” in the Subject Line.
- Many carriers also request you forward the suspicious text message to 7726 (spells SPAM) on your mobile device. Please Note: 7726 works primarily in the United States; other countries have different numbers depending on the carrier.
Additional information on recognizing and avoiding phishing scams can be found here:
Visa partners with a 24x7 global service which reviews all communications received. If this research determines your submission is malicious, an extensive network of Internet and mobile security partners are sent into action to disrupt these activities.
Global Information Security
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review