Previous  bell    Next
bell Warning: JavaScript is turned off! Some features on this website will not work without it.

Beware of Fake Message:"Your Android Has Been Infected With A Virus. Tap OK To Remove Now"

The advertisement: "Your Android has been infected with a virus. Tap OK to remove now.", is a fake. If you are browsing the internet on your Android device and the message pops up, please do not follow the instructions in it. This is because, the message will always popup claiming that your Android device is infected with a virus even when it is not. The advertisement is considered spam and there is no virus or other malware threats.

The Fake and Spam Android Advertisement

Android getting slower? Click to clean your android!
Android getting slower? Click to clean your android!

Your Android has been infected with a virus. Tap OK to remove now.
***** IMMEDIATE RESPONSE REQUIRED *****
Your Samsung Android has been exposed to a virus while browsing recent adult-oriented websites.
Tap Ok to Scan Your Phone for Viruses.

mobilesystemsecurity .com

******!!! WARNING !!! ******
Your Android may have multiple Viruses!
Some sites you've recently visited may have infected your android device
Pleas install anivirus to protet your Phone.

The fake advertisement will take you to the following malicious website:http://virus.warning.s-com .net. Note: The cyber-criminals behind the fake virus message will use different website names and versions of the message. So, the message that you have received may not look like the one below. But, the message is still a fake.

Your Samsung Android is INFECTED WARNING!
Your Samsung Android is INFECTED

Your Samsung Android has been exposed to a fatal Trojan virus while browsing recent adult-oriented websites.
Remove Virus Now

Your web browser cannot detect a Trojan horse or other malware on your mobile device or computer, so if any message pops up in your web browser claiming that a virus, Trojan horse or any other malware was discovered on your mobile device or computer, please ignore it.

To check for viruses or malware on your mobile device or computer, always ensure that you have antivirus software installed. If you do not have antivirus software on your Android device, you can install a free or commercial one from the Google Play store. Click here to view a list of antivirus software in the Google Play store.

The fake and spam advertisement is similar to the following:

Remember to leave your comment and read the ones made by others below. And, please report malicious, phishing or scam email messages, social media posts and websites to us. You may click here to contact us, or forward the email messages to: info@onlinethreatalerts.com.

Alert and help your family and friends by sharing this article with them:
Click the following thumb up or down, if you like or dislike this alert:
Rating: Thumb up Rating: Thumb down 0 dislikes
Submit Comment Submit Your Comment or Question

Enter your comment or question in the box below and click the "Submit Comment / Question" button.

Your feedback is important to us! We invite you to share any information that you have on this article by telling us what you know or ask a question regarding this article, by leaving a comment in the box below. We will not send a response to your email address, so do not post your email address in your comment. All responses will be posted in the comment section below, to be shared with everyone.

Please read the comments made below (if there are any) before posting yours. Someone may have already posted the same comment or question. Duplicate comment or question will be removed.

You are currently not signed in, but you may still submit your comment or question as an anonymous user. But in order to receive comment and other important notifications and alerts, please click here to sign in, or click here to sign up if you have not yet registered.

CommentComments or Questions (88)

The comments on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts. Online Threat Alerts reserves the right, to modify comments, not to publish comments that may be deemed libelous, derogatory or indecent. Anonymous users will not be able to delete their comments.

• Posted: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from: Zimbabwe

please before anyone factory-resets their phone, you may want to try a simpler task. I had the same problem on my Samsung GT-i8160. I noticed that there was a new application termed 'panel settings' almost the same time as when the problem started. so I uninstalled it, and the problem was gone!

• Posted: 3 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from: Camborne, England, United Kingdom

I got an alert from Google saying I had 2 viruses on my kindle fire battery. I unfortunately clicked on the "sort now" bar. I'm hoping because I have lookout security it will be fine.

• Posted: 3 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India

I got the below popup when using chrome browser .. Does it mean the photos passwords can be stolen from the phone?

"Your chrome mobile browser is heavily damaged by 4 viruses...It happened because of he recent site visit It may soon damage your sim card and can corrupt photos passwords and apps.

• Posted: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from: Seminole, Florida, United States

I received the same thing just now. It claims it is from Google and had the Google trade mark.

Looks like it would have been a real Google message. I was tempted to do what Google was suggesting but I just turned my phone completely off and restarted.

Seems ok. Awful how these scammers can tempt otherwise intelligent people into listening to them.

• Posted: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by info

Remember, only your antivirus or antimalware software should alert you of a virus on your mobile device. If anything else displays a notification, it is a scam.

• Posted: 3 months, 1 week ago by info

The message is a fake. Just ignore it.

• Posted: 3 months, 1 week ago by Chris83616 from: Lima, Ohio, United States

I have been getting this alert on my galaxy s3 saying my battery is infected from going to adult material websites any idea how to stop this I've even tried to do a factory reset which stopped it for like a week or 2 but it has since started happening again it does it whenever even when just opening text messages.

• Posted: 4 months ago by an anonymous user from: Fredericksburg, Texas, United States

The warning about my Galaxy 5 being infected seems to pop up when I open text messages. Restarting the phone slowed the message down for awhile. I installed Avast and scanned and it did not find anything. The message recently changed to saying the battery was damaged. Is there a way to stop this?

• Posted: 4 months ago by info

You many need to do a Factory reset. Remember to backup your data first.

• Posted: 3 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from: Lima, Ohio, United States

I did a factory reset and it started happening again 2 weeks later.

• Posted: 5 months, 1 week ago by an anonymous user from: Manitou Springs, Colorado, United States

Okay, so I keep getting these stupid spam messages from multiple sites that will suddenly pop up no matter what I'm doing. I've downloaded anti-virus ware and scanned my device multiple times and it keeps saying my phone is all clear, I've deleted recently installed apps and it still persists so I don't know what else to do. Is there any way that I could get these messages to go away?

• Posted: 5 months, 1 week ago by info

It means that the problem is with some of the websites that you are visiting. Some malicious websites, and legitimate websites with malicious advertisements that you are visiting, seem to be generating the messages. So, you won't be able to stop the messages and unless you stop visiting the websites.

• Posted: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from: Walsall, England, United Kingdom

I keep getting the pop up scam thing saying I have a virus because I have watched adult stuff and I have read the comments below and a lot of it is when people have been on the web browser but mine is just popping up all the time!like when I'm on the home screen.. and is there any way of stopping the pop up as my son play on my phone so he will just press on it :(

• Posted: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by info

You may have a malicious or spam app on your mobile device. Please try removing all suspicious apps and scan your device with an antivirus software. If you want to download a free antivirus software, please click here.

• Posted: 6 months ago by an anonymous user from: United Kingdom

My android has come up with "your device has 4 viruses as you visited adult sites" (which I've never). How do I get rid of the messages. Its very annoying. Also, I must install Firefox, do I have to? Any help would be appreciated.

• Posted: 6 months ago by info

The message that you are seeing, which claim that your Android device has viruses, are fakes. So, do not take them seriously, and do not follow the instructions in them. The messages are displayed through advertisements when you browse certain websites, or they are displayed by a legitimate App on your Android device that displays advertisements. Or, you have installed a malicious app.

So, you need to determine what is causing the fake virus messages to be displayed. If you are browsing and they appear, it means the fake messages are being displayed by the website that you are browsing. So, to stop the message, you will have to stop browsing the website. Remember, it doesn't mean that the website you are browsing is malicious. What scammers do, is to use legitimate advertising company to display fake and malicious advertisements to potential victims.

If you are using a certain App and the fake messages appear, that App maybe the culprit. So, you will have to remove it to stop the fake messages.

And, you don't need to install Firefox. Firefox will not stop the fake messages.

• Posted: 8 months, 4 weeks ago by an anonymous user from: Guam

It's hard to just ignore it if there's no ignore button. There's only the "ok" button to take it down.

• Posted: 5 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Tapping your back button will get rid of that message I use 360 and keep my phone pretty clean.

• Posted: 8 months, 4 weeks ago by info

Closing the browser window that the pop-up appears in will help.

• Posted: 10 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from: São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hi, it happened on my wife´s Samsung S5. The message is the same of other android users regarding vírus detection, but it directs to a site: yessapp .com.

I just installed antivirus to ensure that no vírus was installed on the phone.

Renato
    Sao Paulo, Brazil

• Posted: 10 months, 3 weeks ago by an anonymous user from: Saint-eustache, Quebec, Canada

Hi, I had the same problem today. I got a message saying I was infected with a virus because I was browsing adult content. I'm worried because I clicked okay and it took me to another window where I was supposed to download an app for security. I signed in my google account and tried to download it. It didn't work, there was a message saying that there was no phone to connect my account to. I was wondering if this is bad ? I didn't download anything, but maybe because I tried, some hackers could have hacked my iphone or something ? Thanks

• Posted: 10 months, 3 weeks ago by info

Your Iphone was not hacked and the messages claiming that your device is infected with a virus, is bogus. But, you should change your password immediately, because it seems you were taken to a fake or phishing website that was created by cyber-criminals to steal your user name and password.

• Posted: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from: Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica

If you see an advertisement or some message while browsing the internet on your mobile device or using an app, claiming that a number of viruses have been detected on your mobile phone, please ignore.

Only your antivirus or anti-malware software can determine if your device is infected with a virus.

You may see the following fake messages:
    a.(236) virus your phone? Remove them now !!!
    b.32 virus detected

• Posted: Apr 26, 2015 by an anonymous user from: Hampton, Victoria, Australia

What does it mean when I've got a Javascript saying I've been fined 100 dollars to unblock my phone from browsing and also mentioned that ive been accused for looking at materials that's against the law.

• Posted: Apr 26, 2015 by info

It is a scam created by cyber-criminals to trick their potential victims into sending money, personal or financial information.

Never follow the instructions in those messages.

• Posted: Jan 21, 2015 by info

Received the following from a user:

"Thanks AVG for the free Virus Protection for my GS4, it fixed the Android Warning! virus. I didn't click all the way thru but it redirected my web browser to hardcore p*rn sites. Your sw saved me time, frustration and a trip to a Sprint store. Two thumbs up and 5 stars!"

• Posted: Jan 17, 2015 by an anonymous user from: Hartford, Connecticut, United States

Hi, I was on my game and then an advertisement saying watch free ad*lt content, while I went to press the X button I pressed on the ad. This directed me to my Google site and 3-4 browsers came up and then the “Your phone has a virus because of the ad*lt content you have been viewing. I pressed OK and I'm not sure if I have a virus or not I wasn't redirected to any site to download, but I am still worried that I might have the virus please answer soon

• Posted: Jan 17, 2015 by info

Only antivirus software can detect a virus. Your web browser cannot detect a virus. So, if you see any of these popup messages telling you that there is a virus on your computer, just close the window.

• Posted: Jan 13, 2015 by an anonymous user from: Moreno Valley, California, United States

Thank you very much I thought I did have a virus.

• Posted: Jan 10, 2015 by an anonymous user from: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

The "WARNING! Your personal photos, Facebook and other personal passwords, as well as credit card information are at risk!

Your Samsung Android has been exposed to a fatal Trojan virus while browsing recent adult-oriented websites" popped up on my tablet while I was playing LineUp Pro.

I think I must have clicked on something I should not have, because then my LastPass password manager browser opened with three or four different tabs with website addresses in them.

I panicked and shut down LastPass and powered down the tablet. When I opened it again, I started running virus scanners like Avast, MobileCare, Norton and AVG, (all free versions).

They all said that no malware was found. Should I be concerned that the LastPass Browser opened?

Could I have gotten a Trojan or virus? The tablet seems to be working as normal, but that doesn't really give me much peace of mind.

Thanks in advance.

• Posted: Jan 10, 2015 by info

The virus message is a fake, so you have nothing to worry about.

Only your antivirus can tell you if a virus, Trojan or malware has infected your device.

So, if you see a virus or malware message pop-up and it is not your antivirus, it is a scam.

• Posted: 11 months, 2 weeks ago by an anonymous user from: Belair, South Australia, Australia

Thanks for that as I got the same message and was worried.

What about my Lastpass browser opening with websites?

• Posted: Jan 10, 2015 by info

Nothing to worry about. The malicious advertisment used Javascript to open the browser windows. Any website that you visit can do that, and it doesn't mean that your device got infected.

Last question..because this makes me nervous, it doesn't matter that it was the LastPass password protection browser that was opened? And did I cause that to happen because I clicked on something?

• Posted: Jan 10, 2015 by info

Yes, it is because you clicked on the fake advertisement. But, clicking alone will not infect your device; you will have to install a malicious application for your device to get infected.

• Posted: Oct 26, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Westville, New Jersey, United States

I received the same notice. How was this spam able to pop up on my android and is there any way to prevent it?

• Posted: Oct 26, 2014 by info

It is done through online advertisement. Cyber-criminals have realized that they can spread their malicious software using legitimate online advertisers.

Advertising companies are working hard to remove malicious advertisements like this one from their databases.

I keep getting a pop up on only ONE website saying I should press ok (on tablet) to get rid of trojan virus. I got real scared when it said becasue I was viewing adult content. how can I get rid of it its really scaring me

• Posted: Aug 21, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Presov, Presov, Slovakia

Hi.

I got the same pop up message as shown above: "WARNING. Your personal photos, Facebook..."

It also said I need update my flash. I did nothing and my flash is now blocked in Firefox and Google browser in my phone.

If it's not virus, what should I do to repair my browsers? I already tried scan all apps and storage with avast antivirus.

Thanks.

• Posted: Aug 21, 2014 by info

Re-install Flash, Firefox and Google.

• Posted: Aug 22, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Presov, Presov, Slovakia

Well, it probably didn't affected flash as I thought before. YouTube runs without problem, but in various pages are some elements blocked and it says that I need some backup module.

I re-installed Firefox and Flash. Didn't helped.

• Posted: Aug 22, 2014 by info

You may have to backup the data on your phone and do a hard or factory reset.

• Posted: Aug 8, 2014 by an anonymous user from: United States

Virus in my phone. Help me as soon.

• Posted: Aug 8, 2014 by info

If there is a virus on your phone, please install antivirus software on it. Click here to download a free antivirus software for your phone.

• Posted: Jul 26, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Stockton, California, United States

I was on a website ,my phone is an android by the way, and a popup appeared saying I have a virus or something like that and that I should download an app from the playstore. The only option it had was "okay" I clicked it and my phone gave off a loud beep but i wasnt redirected to another site or popup.Does my phone have a virus because of the weird beep?

• Posted: Jul 26, 2014 by info

The beep wouldn't give your phone a virus, but to be on the safe side, use antivirus software to scan your phone.

There are free antivirus in the Playstore (Avast, AVG).

• Posted: Dec 21, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Glenroy, Victoria, Australia

I also had this problem so I uninstalled whatever app was giving me the issue then re -installed and there doesn't seem to be a problem as yet.

Good luck and thanks for the responses peeps. Its been a great help!

• Posted: Jun 24, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Ploiesti, Prahova, Romania

If it was for an android to have this virus/ malware, would McAfee ( free edition ) detect it ? or any free antivirus ?

• Posted: Jun 24, 2014 by info

• Posted: Jun 24, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Ploiesti, Prahova, Romania

Hello. When I was on the web last night I got a popup message that said to start a virus scan because my android is infected with a virus and not knowing I clicked OK. It started ' the supposedly scan' but when it was close to 100% I clicked Exit to get out from the browser so I didn't go any further. Is it possible that my android got a virus ?
    Thank you in advance.

• Posted: Jun 24, 2014 by info

Your Android was not infected. The scanning process is a trick, there was no actual scanning.

You would have to download and install something for your Android to get infected.

• Posted: Jun 15, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Corrales, New Mexico, United States

My samsung tablet has lately been getting tons of ads:

"Immediate respond required! - click ok to clean your tablet,
    your tablet has been infected with a fatal trogan horse, your credit card information and identity are at risk at theft." keeps popping up.

I tapped ok once but nothing happened. Im worried that I may have a different virus causing the ads to pop up. What do I do?

• Posted: Jun 16, 2014 by info

The ads are not caused by a virus. The ads are shown to you based on the website that you visit.

The websites displaying the ads have nothing to do with the ads.

It is cybercriminals who create these ads.

• Posted: Jun 15, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Misr, Al Qahirah, Egypt

I get this message for the first time so I have pressed ok then directed to google play , but i do not install any thing.

I just re-covered my phone so every thing have deleted! And my phone is now new as l bought it!

How can i restore my data and my account on whats app?

• Posted: Jun 3, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Makkah, Makkah, Saudi Arabia

Hi when was playing Jetpack joyride on my android phone my game some how lagged and then a message appeared saying that your android device has a virus and that advertisement never came back.

• Posted: Jun 3, 2014 by info

Most games will display advertisement to the players in order to generate revenue. There are thousands of advertisements, so that ad may take days to rotate.

Note: the game developer and the advertising company have nothing to do with that deceptive advertisement.

• Posted: May 29, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

One of these spams popped up...on my iPhone 5. I was reading an article on Facebook when all of a sudden a thing popped up that read around the lines of "your android has a virus and you will be loosing all of your data if ignored". (Notice how I spelt loosing wrong because that's how they spelt it in the spam). Anyway, I just quickly clicked cancel (cause I knew it was a spam, after all I don't own an android). It makes me wonder though because I've never had any sort of spam like that come up on my phone before. Maybe I'll get some sort of anti-spam software.

• Posted: May 27, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Germany

I just had that fake warning, that my Samsung Android would be infected and since normally Android asks me for "stop it" or "ok". I clicked on ok - and then noticed that it was Not correct German - so I clicked on going back and then stoppen everything and went out of all of it.
    Is my Samsung now infected?

Can you tell??

Thanks, Sr.helpless

• Posted: May 27, 2014 by info

It is a fake warning, there is no virus or other malware.

• Posted: May 23, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Singapore, Singapore

I saw this on my iphone and it said android and i immediately closed my safari cleared cookies and data from my settings so am i safe?

• Posted: May 24, 2014 by info

There is no virus. It is just a scam.

• Posted: May 1, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Las Piñas City, Las Pinas, Philippines

Hi guys

I'm playing my jetpack joyride while im playing my game getting lag and something appear it says
    Your andriod have 13 virus it may currupt your files or data

Please help my guys what should i do im just a child im 13 years old

• Posted: May 2, 2014 by info

There are no viruses. It is a trick. But, if you want an anti-virus for your Android phone, go to https://play.google.com/store

• Posted: Mar 30, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What if you accidentally click on one of these? In my case I accidentally pressed okay and it directed me to google play but I immediately closed everything without proceeding further.

• Posted: Mar 30, 2014 by info

You are ok. As long as you didnt install anything.

• Posted: Mar 25, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Finland

I clicked "ok" and installed the antivirus my android wanted. Now my facebook is not working and internet is slow. I ran three different virus scans but they all said there are no threaths. I returned the factory settings - didnt help. How do i remove the virus?

• Posted: Mar 24, 2014 by an anonymous user from: India

I am facing same problem from last 2 days. I am unable to download from any site through my Samsung device.Is there any way to get out of this. Please help

• Posted: Mar 20, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Athens, Attikí, Greece

Thanks for keeping us updated on the subject.The warning with the supposed threat also appears on iPhones. I have an iPhone 5s and when i opened an app today i saw on the down side of the screen this message even though my phone is not android. Of course, i ignored it and i deleted the app. I am delighted that this is a fake alert and that the mobile's security hasn't been commpromised.

• Posted: Mar 20, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Tirupur, Tamil Nadu, India

I press "remove virus now" button and then my phone gave out a beep. I was then redirected to google play store. I did not install anything switched off my phone.
    Please let me know if my mobile could be infected?

• Posted: Mar 19, 2014 by an anonymous user from: North Hampton, New Hampshire, United States

I pressed ok when it first appeared! The spam did not close, so I got off the app and uninstalled it, and ran an anti virus scan. I did not find anything. So my question is am I at any risk? Did it steal any of my info?

• Posted: Mar 21, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Glyfáda, Attikí, Greece

Don't worry. You didn't suscribe, you ran a genuine anti-virus scan finding zero threats. These criminals try to scare people to buy their fake anti-virus. It happened to me twice since December on my iphone device and the phone works normally with no changes on my bill. However it is really annoying to see that on your mobile. Does anybody know if there is a way to remove the fake alert from the app put by the crooks?

• Posted: Mar 20, 2014 by info

There is no threat. The message is a fake and is used to trick persons into clicking on it.

• Posted: Mar 15, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Bagumbayan, Albay, Philippines

Just encountered a spam message like this a while ago. Thank goodness i didn't click it. Anyways, I'm just curious how did they know my phone unit though?

• Posted: Mar 15, 2014 by info

You may have unknowingly submit your phone information on a phishing website.

• Posted: Mar 15, 2014 by info

I don't think they know. What these spammers do is to send these messages to thousands of phone numbers, regardless of the type of phone they have, and hope persons with Android phones who receive the message will panic and click the link, thinking their phones are infected.

• Posted: Mar 23, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Glyfáda, Attikí, Greece

I fully agree with you. I know many mates who saw this message on their mobile and none had given anywhere their number. They hope to cheat people who ignore the scam and to gain money. The point is not to fall into their trap and download their fake antivirus.

• Posted: Mar 14, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Trenton, Ontario, Canada

How do we stop the pop up from happening?

• Posted: Mar 29, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Athens, Attikí, Greece

You can't do anything. However it is possible after some time this pop up to go away from your screen without any move from you. In my case it took a week or so in order the app to be cleared.

• Posted: Mar 29, 2014 by info

It is an advertisement and will only go away when the advertiser takes it down.

• Posted: Mar 15, 2014 by info

You cannot. The message is delivered by an advertisement. So, if you visit a website that has this advertisement, you will get the message. Unless the advertising company who is hosting this advertisement removes it, you will continue to see it based on the website that you visit.

• Posted: Mar 23, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Philippines

How Can i Remove The Advertisement Sir?

• Posted: Mar 14, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Buffalo, New York, United States

Restarting my phone solved the issue for me, as this message couldn't be cleared and browser was unusable in the meantime.

• Posted: Jan 7, 2015 by an anonymous user from: Warsaw, Indiana, United States

Wow! Thanks! This worked!!!!!!!!!!

• Posted: Mar 13, 2014 by an anonymous user from: Smock, Pennsylvania, United States

What do we do? If we pressed ok and remove, WHAT DO WE DO!! Please help! Is there anyway to get our pictures back?? Please, please, please help.

• Posted: Mar 13, 2014 by info

The message is a fake. You will not loose your pictures.

• Posted: Dec 10, 2014 by an anonymous user from: London, London,

There is only OK to tap. How Can I avoid tapping it and closing that little window, its annoying that there is no cancel or close option.

How can I close it and I dont wont to tap Ok.

• Posted: Dec 10, 2014 by info

Tapping "Ok" will not infect your computer or device.

Just DO NOT open any file that you are instructed to download.