Scammers may pose as government officials, law enforcement or even bank employees to steal your personal information.
Know how to identify red flags. In many types of scams, you may be:
- pressured to send money
- threatened with law enforcement action
- told to purchase gift cards and provide codes as a form of payment
- asked to cash a check for a stranger
- instructed to make a cash deposit for sweepstakes
- offered more than you are asking for something with a request to send the overpayment elsewhere
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.
Recommendation / Advertisement