Netflix Text Scam and Emails: How To Protect Your Account
Would you share this Article with others? +
Cybercriminals are sending out fake or phishing Netflix text and emails to their potential victims in an attempt to steal their account credentials, gain unauthorized access to, hijack and use the accounts fraudulently. So, if you suspect you have received a Netflix scam emails, follow these tips to keep your information safe and secure, and follow the steps below to report the message.
How to Protect Against Netflix Scam
- Never enter your login or financial details after following a link in an email or text message. If you're unsure if you're visiting our legitimate Netflix website, type www.netflix.com directly into your web browser.
- Never click on any links or open any attachments in an email or text message you received unexpectedly, regardless of the source.
- If you suspect an email or text message is not from Netflix, do not reply to it. Follow the steps below to forward it to Netflix.
How do I report a suspicious or phishing email or text message (SMS)?
If you received a suspicious or phishing email, forward it to email@example.com and delete the email. Please include the message header information, which can be found using this Google article.
What should I do if I opened a link in a phishing message or provided personal information?
If you clicked a suspicious link or provided any personal information to a website posing as Netflix, we strongly suggest you do the following:
- Change your Netflix password to a new, unique one.
- Update your password on any websites you used the same email and password for.
- Contact your financial institution if any payment information was entered, as it may have been compromised.
- Forward the message to firstname.lastname@example.org with the steps above.
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Check the comment section below for additional information and share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below.
Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: email@example.com. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Show More Comments (0)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.