Beware of Marie Holmes Powerball Jackpot Lottery Donation Scams

Beware of Marie Holmes Powerball Jackpot Lottery Donation Scams

Would you share this article with others to help inform them?

The email messages below, which claim the recipients have been chosen by Marie Holmes, the 26 year-old woman who won $188 million in the Powerball lottery jackpot in February, to receive a donation of US$1,000,000, to help Marie Holmes with her charitable donations, is fraudulent. Recipients of the fake email message, sent by scammers, are asked not to respond to it with their personal information. Every month, thousands of these email messages are sent out by scammers to trick their potential victims into stealing their personal information or sending money.

Please continue reading below.

Remember, never send your personal information to anyone in an email message or send money to someone who contacted you via email message asking you to send money in order to receive lottery winnings, donations or rewards.

The Fake Marie Holmes Email Messages

Be informed that you have been chosen, Marie Holmes won $188 million Powerball jackpot in the lottery and she have decided to donate the sum of $ 1,000,000.00 US dollars to help her, promote her wishes charitable donation. Contact Marie via her personal Email: (holmarie19651@hotmail.com) for more information on how to receive the funds

The Salvation Army is a Christian church and registered charity, working in 126 countries worldwide, that offers support, friendship and practical help to people of all ages, backgrounds and needs.

Visit our ever-growing website to find out what The Salvation Army is doing across the United Kingdom and Ireland... and near you - www.salvationarmy.org.uk.

This email (and any attachment), unless clearly personal and unrelated to our business, is sent by the sender on behalf of The Salvation Army. If the content of this email is personal and unconnected with our business, we accept no liability or responsibility for it.

This email (and any attachment) is confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you received this message in error please tell us by reply (or telephone the sender) and delete all copies on your system. Whilst we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Please note that communications sent by or to any person through our computer systems may be viewed by other Salvation Army personnel and agents.

Registered Charity Numbers: 215174 and 214779 (England and Wales); SC009359 and SC037691 (Scotland); and CHY6399 (Republic of Ireland) sa-standard

You are picked by Marie Holmes,U.S Powerball winner for a humanitarian donation of $2.5MUSD Reply via(mariewillfuldonation @gmail.com)For briefs

Good Day!

My Client Marie Holmes who just won a power ball lottery has made a donation to you, contact her via her private email (marie.holmes@ qq.com) for more detail on how to receive this.

Please do not ignore, this is the third time trying to reach you.

Sincerely.

Note: Some of the names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers in email samples on this website may have been impersonated.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

To help protect your privacy, please do not post or remove, your full name, telephone number, email address, username, password, account number, credit card information, home address or other sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. Also, anonymous posts cannot be deleted or edited, and when you make a post, we will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.

Please continue reading below.

• Aug 21, 2018 at 1:58 PM by an anonymous user from Alkmaar, North Holland, Netherlands

She's still "busy" giving away her Jackpot, now € 3 million. In a probably by Google translate in Dutch translated message she offered this, so be careful it's merely scam.

• May 30, 2018 at 4:00 AM by an anonymous user from Berlin, Land Berlin, Germany

Received this scam:

"Das könnte Sie überraschen.

Mein Name ist Marie Holmes. Ich habe im Jahr 2015 einen Lotterielohn von
    188 Millionen Dollar gewonnen.

Ich und meine Familie spenden jeweils € 1.000.000,00 EURO an 20 glückliche Familien online.

Um Teil dieses echten lebensverändernden Moments zu sein, senden Sie mir bitte eine E-Mail direkt an: marieholmescharityfoundation@gmail.com.

Senden Sie Ihre Antwort an diese E-Mail:
    marieholmescharityfoundation@gmail.com, um diesen Preis zu erhalten.

Dein Leben wird sich ändern !!!"

• Jul 11, 2017 at 3:02 AM by an anonymous user from Cambridge, England, United Kingdom

This came from tashat@cogeco.ca , with reply-to infomarieholms@163.com and sent to recipients tashat@cogeco.ca

"Donation From Marie Holmes

1,000,000.00 US dollars to help her, promote her wishes charitable donation.Contact Marie via her personal Email: (infomarieholms@163.com) for more
    information on how to receive the funds

God bless you.

Marie Holms"

• Oct 23, 2017 at 5:11 PM by an anonymous user from Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I received this kind of message this week.

• Mar 15, 2017 at 9:52 PM by an anonymous user from Monterey, California, United States

Oh no! I just got email from them.
    I just submitted the information about my driver license number.
    What should I do now?

• Jun 3, 2016 at 7:09 PM by an anonymous user from Chicago, Illinois, United States

I received this in a text:

"1 of 2
    FRM:Deters, Vern
    SUBJ:Re: Congratulation
    MSG:Marie holmes picked you for a charity donation.Contact her via her private
    (Con't) 2 of 2
    email<holmes-marie@ rogers.com>for futher inquiries and claim.(End)"

From this number: 1410100002

• May 30, 2016 at 7:06 PM by info

Received via email:

"I just received a text from 1410100003. Text said "frm: Joe McTiffen. MSG: cash donation to be made to you by Marie Holmes Email: marieh1516@ outlook.com for details...."

• May 31, 2016 at 1:06 PM by an anonymous user from San Francisco, California, United States

Got the same sms yesterday. - Roy

• May 26, 2016 at 1:08 PM by an anonymous user from Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Just got a *text* message from 6245 with the following:
    "hendershel@HHSC .CA Subject: HI Cash donation to be made to you Donor: Ms. Marie Holmes Email: holmesmarie1@ outlook.com Contact donor only via email for claim"

• May 26, 2016 at 11:06 AM by info

Received via email:

"Hi! I just received this message as a text to my phone! It says it's from hendershel@HHSC .CA, and this is the message: "Subject:HI
    Cash donation to be made to you
    Donor: Ms. Marie Holmes
    Email: holmesmarie1@outlook.com
    Contact donor only via email for claim"

Super shady!"

• Jun 2, 2016 at 6:03 PM by an anonymous user from Conneaut, Ohio, United States

I got the same:

"Subject:HI

Cash donation to be made to you
      Donor: Ms. Marie Holmes
      Email: holmesmarie1@ outlook.com

Contact donor only via email for claim"

• May 26, 2016 at 3:54 PM by an anonymous user from Chicago, Illinois, United States

I got the same thing.

• May 26, 2016 at 8:07 AM by an anonymous user from Inkster, Michigan, United States

hendershel@hhsc .ca:
    Claim a donation; same old happened to me May 26,2016. I had a ounce of hope, but I googled this and found this site. Thank you all!

• May 26, 2016 at 4:57 AM by an anonymous user from Conneaut, Ohio, United States

Here we are in 2016 and it's still going around, only as a text to my phone instead of an e-mail.

• May 26, 2016 at 7:57 AM by an anonymous user from Columbus, Ohio, United States

I just received a text too!!

• May 21, 2016 at 7:54 AM by info

Received via email:

"I have received an email from the lady Ms Holmes but it's
    Different than everyone else's. The message just seems too good to be false. I am just wondering if I have been a target in this scam this time."

• May 21, 2016 at 7:57 AM by info

Scammers always change their bogus email messages to make them seem more convincing. Therefore, I don't think you were specifically targeted.

• May 18, 2016 at 4:27 PM by an anonymous user from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States

I got an email but it was nothing like that and I responded to it, gave them my name ,state,sex,and minute phone number. Can they steal my identity. I'm scared and it was from a very different email please help.

• May 18, 2016 at 5:41 PM by info

That is not enough information to steal your identity. Just be careful next time because they will attempt to use the information you have sent to scam you.

• May 17, 2016 at 2:07 PM by an anonymous user from Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I received the same, what threw me was "God" was used so much in the e-mail, I'd never seen that...I don't think they work for him..?

• May 14, 2016 at 6:48 PM by an anonymous user from Branson, Missouri, United States

I received the following text message that came from Hendershel@hhsc. ca

"Subject:HI
    Cash donation to be made to you
    Donor: Ms. Marie Holmes
    Email: marieholmes044@ hotmail.com
    Contact donor only via email for cla"

• May 15, 2016 at 5:36 PM by an anonymous user from Sturgis, Michigan, United States

I received the same I'm just going to delete it.

• May 14, 2016 at 2:46 PM by an anonymous user from St Louis, Missouri, United States

I received the following text message that came from Hendershel@hhsc. ca

"Subject:Hi
    Cash donation to be made to you
    Donor: Ms. Marie Holmes
    Email: holmesmarie1@ outlook.com
    Contact donor only via email for claim"

• May 15, 2016 at 12:36 PM by an anonymous user from Roanoke, Virginia, United States

Same email address here. Wish I could return something to have their money deposited to me.

• May 14, 2016 at 8:00 PM by an anonymous user from Chapmanville, West Virginia, United States

I received this exact same text message this afternoon (May 14). I sent an email but have not heard anything further.

• May 14, 2016 at 8:48 PM by info

Do not respond to the fake messages, because you are only telling the scammers that your email address or phone number is active. Therefore, they will continue to send you spams and scams.

• Apr 18, 2016 at 2:56 PM by an anonymous user from Detroit, Michigan, United States

I sent the scammer an email and now that they have my email address, I am afraid they may try to steal my identity! I don't know what to do!

• Apr 18, 2016 at 2:58 PM by info

Sending them your email address will not allow them to steal your identity. Please just be careful next time.

• Apr 20, 2016 at 8:04 AM by an anonymous user from Detroit, Michigan, United States

I already sent them my name, address, and phone number. What should I do?

• Apr 20, 2016 at 9:36 AM by info

Just be careful next time, because they (scammers) will be contacting you, in an attempt to scam you.

• Apr 16, 2016 at 12:07 AM by an anonymous user from Houston, Texas, United States

I just got a text from a similar thing saying:

"Cash donation to be made to you

Donor: Ms. Marie Holmes

Email: holmesmarie1@ outlook.com

Contact donor only via email for claim...

Send us Full Name, Email address and home address with Phone No:

Thanks
    Ms. Marie Holmes"

Becareful people.

• Apr 1, 2016 at 9:02 PM by an anonymous user from Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

I received a text which meant someone had my phone number! I sent back andvasked how they got it,who they were etc etc...never heard from them again....they asked for nothing as I asked so many questions...lol jerks!

• Apr 2, 2016 at 6:37 AM by info

Never respond to text messages like that, because you are only confirming to the scammers that your telephone number is active. And, once you have confirmed your number, the scammers will start sending you a lot more scams and malicious text messages.

Scammers or cyber criminal harvest millions of telephone numbers, but they are not able determine if the numbers are active, so they just send messages to them. Once, they get a response, that is how they know the numbers are active, and will start targeting the owners.

• Mar 21, 2016 at 7:12 PM by an anonymous user from Wisbech, England, United Kingdom

I got the same but.... I believed!

• Mar 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM by an anonymous user from Newark, New Jersey, United States

I received this same scam which came from MarieHolmes122@ Gmail.com. I know that God will avenge us all! Can't anyone stop this?

• Mar 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM by an anonymous user from Newark, New Jersey, United States

I, too, have recently received an e-mail stating that Marie Holmes wants to donate $950,000 to me. The documentation sent with it all looked real. Right up until they wanted me to send $600 to open an off-shore account.

• Mar 2, 2016 at 2:54 PM by an anonymous user from Newark, New Jersey, United States

I have recently received an email from Marie Holmes saying she wants to donate $950,000 to me and my family.

• Feb 27, 2016 at 3:24 AM by an anonymous user from San Antonio, Texas, United States

"(HI) Cash donation to be made to you
    Donor: Marie Holmes
    Email: marieholmes01@ hotmail.com
    Contact donor only via email for claim...
    Send us Full"

This is the TEXT I received!

• Feb 26, 2016 at 8:25 AM by an anonymous user from Kissimmee, Florida, United States

Received the following message:

"Cash donation to be made to you
    Donor: Ms. Marie Holmes
    Email: holmesmarie1@ outlook.com

Contact donor only via email for claim...
    Send us Full Name, Email address and home address with Phone No:

Thanks
    Ms. Marie Holmes"

• Apr 15, 2016 at 4:52 PM by an anonymous user from Dallas, Texas, United States

Got this one today.

• Feb 26, 2016 at 6:52 AM by an anonymous user from Oak Park, Illinois, United States

This is the text I received:

"1 of 2
    FRM:Steve Woodcock
    SUBJ:HI
    MSG:Cash donation to be made to you

Donor: Ms. Holmes Marie
    Email: marieholmes877@ gmail.com

Contact donor
    (Con't) 2 of 2
    only via email for claim...

Send us Full Name, Email address and home address with Phone No:

Thanks
    Ms. Holmes Marie(End)"

• Feb 23, 2016 at 3:18 PM by an anonymous user from Mesa, Arizona, United States

I was also told to contact her attorney; found out that guy died back back in January.

• Feb 22, 2016 at 12:17 PM by an anonymous user from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States

I got this this morning via text. I live in Tennessee:
    "you have been chosen for a $600.000 GBP grant please contact a kind women at marie.h11@ hotmail.com"

• Feb 21, 2016 at 10:59 AM by an anonymous user from Ashburn, Virginia, United States

I got this while I was asleep this morning:

"£600,000 GBP grant donated to you by a Kind woman,contact ( marie.h11@hotmail.com ) for more info why you're receiving this.

Sincerely,
    Marie"

• Mar 8, 2016 at 10:24 AM by an anonymous user from Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States

I got that same email.

• Feb 21, 2016 at 2:45 PM by an anonymous user from Chico, California, United States

Me too. My message said the same thing.

• Feb 18, 2016 at 3:13 PM by an anonymous user from Miami, Florida, United States

I got this as a text a few days ago. Did not know they could send this in a text, but I guess this is the new way to send us scams.

• Feb 17, 2016 at 3:30 PM by an anonymous user from Orlando, Florida, United States

I just got the following text from monique.scott@nychhc.org:

(Subject) Congratulation

"My client Marie Holmes who just won power ball lottery has mad a donation to you, contact her via private email (marie-holmes@rogers.com) for more detail on how to receive your donated funds. Please do not ignore, this is the third time trying to reach you.?

Sincerely
    Announcer: Monique L Scott.?"

• Feb 18, 2016 at 12:40 AM by an anonymous user from Bang Talat Subdistrict, Nonthaburi, Thailand

Same, sent as a group MMS. I adore the incompetent use of the English language. Definitely a trend setter on the improper use of the question mark.

• Feb 13, 2016 at 4:47 PM by an anonymous user from Phoenix, Arizona, United States

I have sent money via western union so I have been scammed?

• Feb 13, 2016 at 1:09 PM by an anonymous user from Neilson, Florida, United States

Yup, just received this today...I didn't even know who Marie Holmes was. She apparently made a donation to me! LOL
    Do people really fall for this stuff?

• Feb 8, 2016 at 3:16 PM by an anonymous user from Atlanta, Georgia, United States

I received a text message on my phone about Marie Holmes giving me a donation and to contact marie-holmes@ rogers.com...message was sent by mjpopp@gjcs.k12.in.us... SCAM.

• Feb 13, 2016 at 1:12 PM by an anonymous user from Neilson, Florida, United States

I received the same message, but it was from campbeld3@nychhc.org

• Feb 8, 2016 at 4:54 AM by an anonymous user from Miami, Florida, United States

Me and my wife got same email.

• Feb 6, 2016 at 4:00 PM by an anonymous user from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Odd. I received my scam message via text lol.

• Feb 3, 2016 at 12:35 PM by an anonymous user from Springfield, Missouri, United States

I have received same email, but I would look up before contact, because now I know.

• Feb 3, 2016 at 6:29 AM by info

Here is another lottery scam being sent by SMS or text message:

"Subject: Congratulation

My Client Marie Holmes who just won a power ball lottery has made a donation to you"

• Feb 1, 2016 at 4:39 PM by an anonymous user from Sun City, Florida, United States

Got the following spam text from kschwartz@gjcs.k12.in.us:

"My Client Marie Holmes who just won a power ball lottery has made a donation to you, contact her via her private email (marie-holmes@rogers.com) for more detail on how to receive your donated funds. Please do not ignore, this is the third time trying to reach you.

Sincerely.
    Kelly Schwartz?"

• Feb 1, 2016 at 9:18 PM by an anonymous user from Tampa, Florida, United States

I received the same exact text message 4 hours and 30 minutes ago - and I also live in Tampa. Makes me really curious about how/where they may be getting our cell numbers from and their method of sending out the text message....Any idea?

• Jan 30, 2016 at 9:51 PM by an anonymous user from District Heights, Maryland, United States

The following message was sent to me via text message:

-- -- -- --
    "RE: GRANT FUNDS.
    Sent: Friday, January 29, 2016 5:58 PM
    Subject: GRANT FUNDS.

You are to reply via E-mail to (<mailto:holmesdonation@ gmail.com>) for valid info on donation.

GOD BLESS YOU."

• Jan 27, 2016 at 9:29 PM by an anonymous user from Washington, District of Columbia, United States

I received this email message:

- - - - - -
    "From: Manning, Tammy
    Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:12 AM
    To: Manning, Tammy
    Subject: Congratulation

My Client Marie Holmes who just won a power ball lottery has made a donation to you, contact her via her private email (holmes-marie@ rogers.com) for more detail on how to receive your donated funds. Please do not ignore, this is the third time trying to reach you.

Sincerely.
    MANNING TAMMY.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged material and are intended only for the person or entity to which the message is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure, or copying of this information is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message."
    - - - - - -

I responded and the following was emailed to me:

- - - - - -
    "Dear Beneficiary
    Thank you for your email and my entire family are pleased to read your letter of acceptance as our beneficiary to receive $2.000,000.00 USD. I am Mrs. Marie Holmes from north Carolina, my jackpot was a gift from God and on behalf of my family, I have decided to do his will by donating to you and charity Organizations that will be of help to eradicating poverty in the lives of our Young and Old generations.

After seeking financial advice from our legal council, we have decided to commence our 2015 charity foundation projects, and also use the opportunity to give out cash grant of $2.000,000.00 USD each to at least 5 persons to become millionaires like us in this hot season of the year, we have also decided to help Christian's in Northern Part of the world, we can help the needy and hungry ones, we better life if we both agreed to abide by the rules. Note: It is also our intention to make out donations to charity projects and the less privileged. You can read more about me online

http://abcnews. go.com/Business/north -carolina-powerball-winner -claims-564-million- prize/story?id=29164478

Donating this funds to you is not a mistake, putting at least a good smile on your face is a good thing. I might not have been a good Christian but I have always believed that in helping people you are also helping yourself. I am a Catholic by religion and I have always been made to believe that good things happens to those who deserve it and people who are patient. I know probably you would be wondering how I got your Number, well I got your phone number on published list of cell numbers owners database and I picked you among others for this donation. I was running around doing all sort of jobs to make sure my kids have the best education before God in his infinite mercy bless me a single mother with so much money, I have always prayed that God should help me and I was so surprised when I won my Power-ball Jackpot ticket and I said to  myself that me and my family will not have it all to ourselves than to share part of blessings to others.

To further proceed on how to receive your donation sum of $2,000,000.00 USD which I have donated solely to you, Kindly acknowledge the beneficiary acceptance by forwarding the under listed information as proof of identity in compliance with the crediting bank ( Butterfield Private Bank ), Department of the Treasury Approvals and Final Release of Payment)
    Beneficiary's Name:
    Beneficiary's Country of residence:
    Beneficiary's Residential address:
    Beneficiary's Age:
    Beneficiary's Gender:
    Beneficiary's Occupation:
    Beneficiary's Mobile number:
    Beneficiary's Valid ID:

Please note that you MUST be above 18 years of age to receive this donation. As soon as I receive the requested information I will forward the crediting bank contact information to you, so you can contact them for your donation claim. I am hoping that you will be able to use the money Economy-wise and judiciously over there in your locality.

Kind Regards,
    Ms.Marie Holmes.
    - - - - - -

I responded I don't send my personal info via email. The scammer than responded:
    - - - - - -
    You must be aware that there's internet around the globe this present generation and everything this days are based online, So it will not be a surprising thing to me if you come across such fact but it be devastating if you now believe such fact because take your self for example, Any one can impersonate to be you just to rip off people but he / she it's not you, My dear it's only the mind and the soul that work deliberately without making mistakes, I will advice you to trust and have faith with what you believe in and do not let what you see online make you loose a life time opportunity okay, Please help me to serve you better that's my duty, you can go ahead open the website read more about me and my project to help the less privilege and I can not allow anyone words to distrait me for my good works.

I want to make this clear to you that you have nothing to be worry about and throw away your doubts  about my donated funds to you as I only need the information I requested from you to forward to the bank so that they will be aware that you will be contacting them soon.

Attached to this email is copy of my Certificate Of Deposit,you can as well send it to the bank when contacting the bank

Thank you and God bless you.
    Maria Holmes.
    With a fake Certificate of Deposit
    - - - - - -

I find it quit ridiculous how far people go to steal your info/identity.

• Jan 26, 2016 at 3:02 PM by an anonymous user from Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States

Text message I received today:
    - - - - -
    "From: Manning, Tammy
    Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 2:15 PM
    To: Manning, Tammy
    Subject: CONGRATULATION

My Client Marie Holmes who just won a power ball lottery has made a donation to you, contact her via her private email (marie.holmes@rogers.com) for more detail on how to receive your donated funds. Please do not ignore, this is the third time trying to reach you.

Sincerely.
    MANNING TAMMY.

- - - - -

• Jan 25, 2016 at 4:07 PM by an anonymous user from Flagstaff, Arizona, United States

I got one that texted me, then I emailed it and it sent me this:

- - - - - -
    "Dear Beneficiary

Mrs. Marie Holmes from North Carolina, my jackpot was a gift from God and on behalf of my
    family, I have decided to do his will by donating to you and charity Organizations...

Christian's in northern Part of the world, we can help the needy and hungry ones, we better
    life if we both agreed to abide by the rules.

http://ABC news . go.com/Business/north -carolina-powerball-winner -claims-564-million- prize/story? id=29164478

To further proceed on how to receive your donation sum of $2,000,000.00 USA which I have donated solely to you, Kindly acknowledge the beneficiary
    with the crediting bank ( Butterfield Private Bank ), Department of the
    Treasury Approvals

and Final Release of Payment)

Beneficiary's Name:
    Beneficiary's Country of residence:
    Beneficiary's Residential address:
    Beneficiary's Age:
    Beneficiary's Gender:
    Beneficiary's Occupation:
    Beneficiary's Mobile number:
    Beneficiary's Valid ID:

Please note that you MUST be above 18 years of age to receive this donation.

As soon as I receive the requested information I will forward the crediting bank contact information to you...

Kind Regards,

Mrs.Marie Holmes"

- - - - -

I don't know if its legit or not because it actually looks kind of believable, but I'm not gonna risk it.

• Sep 7, 2016 at 2:14 AM by an anonymous user from Hudson, Florida, United States

Scam.. first of all, she is a single mom of 4 kids.

• Jan 25, 2016 at 5:22 PM by info

It is not legit, it is a SCAM. There is no such Marie Holmes donation.

• Jan 23, 2016 at 4:25 PM by an anonymous user from Springfield, Missouri, United States

Here is another scam:

"RE: FYI
    Greetings,

From The Goodness of God and that of Ms Marie Holmes POWERBALL winning, Your email have hereby been selected for a special donation, Contact (marie.h11@ hotmail.com) for more details.

Regards,
    Marie."

• Jan 30, 2016 at 11:42 AM by an anonymous user from Post Falls, Idaho, United States

I actually answered to this one, and got this email back:

Thank you for directing your response to us:

"I am Marie Holmes. A 26-year-old single mother of four kids from the town of Charlotte, North Carolina,am very happy I received your response, I was one of the three $188 million winner of the $564 million jackpot, am so happy that am rich now after too many struggle, I ran outside and screamed when I realized I won. I said I made it. I was fixing breakfast for my kids the day after the Feb. 11 drawing when I saw the winning numbers on Face book. I just happened to check my Face book and my friend had a post up with the numbers on it so I looked at the numbers and I had my numbers in my hand and I was like these are the same numbers on my ticket, OMG!!!. Then I started screaming and my kids ran away from me and I really scared them. my mom who purchased the winning ticket for me on her way to church, was the first person I called. Once she double-checked the numbers on her phone, she was convinced because she saw the numbers in person, but the rest of my family did not believe I won the $564.1 million jackpot, the fifth largest lottery prize in U.S. history... "

• Jan 23, 2016 at 5:44 PM by an anonymous user from Springfield, Missouri, United States

Same thing I got. I'm in Springfield MO too; it came as a text from dbrewer2@bcps.org

• Jan 24, 2016 at 11:35 PM by an anonymous user from Springfield, Missouri, United States

I received same from Springfield MO too.

• Jan 23, 2016 at 5:37 PM by an anonymous user from Fort Riley North, Kansas, United States

I just got this exact message. Thanks for the warning post.

• Dec 8, 2015 at 10:43 AM by an anonymous user from Los Angeles, California, United States

I just received the following text message scam:

"Cash donation to be made to you
    Donor: Marie Holmes
    Email: marieholmes2008@ gmail.com
    Contact donor only via email for claim."

• Dec 8, 2015 at 1:42 PM by an anonymous user from Los Angeles, California, United States

I did too, as a text to my cell phone.

• Dec 10, 2015 at 1:31 PM by an anonymous user from Los Angeles, California, United States

I also got a text, and I emailed them to "claim it." They answered and it seemed legit, but I got almost the exact same letter below, with the exception of a few changes, and I had not seen this page until now. I believe this was a fraud and sadly I gave in some personal information, but nothing I can't fix. I already filed a report.

• Jan 25, 2016 at 7:48 AM by an anonymous user from Chicago, Illinois, United States

I did too but how do I file a report?

• Dec 2, 2015 at 4:30 AM by info

Here is another Marie Holes email scam:

"From: Marie Holes <marie_holmes2@ outlook.com>
    Date: December 1, 2015 at 4:40:20 AM EST
    Subject: Ms Marie Holmes

Please do not scream as you read this email.

I am Ms Marie Holmes, a 26-year-old single mother of 4 from North Carolina who was one of three $188 million winners of a $564 million jackpot in Feb 24, 2015. I have decided to give out of my total winnings to church, donate to organizations and also give out to some lucky individuals which was the last wish of my grand mother. She wants me to also show out love to other people as much as I can. After a lot of prayers with my pastor, we decided to make sure that my money goes a long way of helping other people all over the world that are in need of financial assistance. I prayed and searched over the Internet for assistance and I saw your profile on a list of registered email addresses provided to me by Microsoft list from which I picked you to benefit from my donation."

• Oct 3, 2015 at 10:34 AM by an anonymous user from Ronkonkoma, New York, United States

Same scammers sent me the following. My publisher listed me in Fatemag.
    Reported spam to government.

"From: Marie Holmes <mariee.holmes.cnc@gmail.com>
    To:
    Sent: Saturday, October 3, 2015 9:00 AM
    Subject: Personal Donation

Hello

Marie Holmes picked you from FATEMAG.COM for a personal donation. For more details email Marie Holmes: marie.holmes.cnc@gmail.com Thank you,

Yours sincerely
    Marie Holmes"

• Aug 23, 2015 at 2:13 PM by an anonymous user from Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Beware. Got a text regarding Marie Holmes with subject: "You Are Picked". The respond to email was mariesdonation_001@yeah.net but the originating email was clarence.anderson@ atlanta.k12.ga.us, if not an alias.