No internet connection

No Internet Connection Detected

"Carlos Slim Helu Charitable Foundation" Donation Scam

Online users are asked to be aware of "Carlos Slim Helu Charitable Foundation" donation scams. The name of the Mexican business magnate, engineer, investor, and philanthropist, is being used by scammers in an attempt to trick potential victims into sending money and personal information. The scammers claim their potential victims were randomly selected to receive donations from the business magnate as part of his charity project. But, Carlos Slim Helu is not randomly donating money to people around the world.

Carlos Slim Helu Charitable Foundation Donation Scam

A Sample of the "Carlos Slim Helu Charitable Foundation" Donation Scam

From: "Slim" ''www''@clear.ocn.ne.jp

Date: April 10, 2018 at 11:17:12 AM EDT

Subject: Your Email Has Won $2.500,000 usd

Reply-To: carfoundation@writeme.com

GREETINGS,

My name is Carlos Slim Helu, A philanthropist the CEO and Chairman of the Carlos Slim Helu Foundation Charitable Foundation, one of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in giving while living? I had one idea that never changed in my mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give ($2.500,000 usd) Two Million Five Hundred Thousand United states Dollars, to randomly selected individuals worldwide. On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.

Kindly get back to me with your full address at your earliest convenience, so I know your email address is valid. http://www.carlosslim.com/biografia_ing.html open my web page and read more about me or you can google my name ( Carlos Slim Helu ) contact my charity organisation committe chairman in Kenya which is the only Organisation i have in Africa.

Name... Mr.Henrique Marquez

Email: carfoundation@writeme.com

Forward him this following details.

FULL NAME

ADDRESS

COUNTRY

PHONE

NUMBER.

Please make sure you contact him for further instruction about your winning of $2.5million usd because am traveling to Japan for investment project and i willl not return back to Usa or Mexico until september.

Regards,

Carlos Slim Helu Foundation Charitable Foundation

Remember, once they (scammers) have received their potential victims' personal information, they will use the information to trick the potential victims into sending money, which they will claim is for some advance fees, which will cover banking and transfer costs, insurance payments or tax that the potential victims need to pay before they can receive the so-called donated money. But, if the victims send their money, the scammers will steal it and may continue to trick the victims into sending more money, with the promise of receiving the donated money the scammers claim they would receive.

Recipients of the "Carlos Slim Helu Donation" scam emails are asked not to respond to or follow the instructions in them. They should just delete the email messages instead. For those who have responded, they should be careful going forward because they will be contacted by scammers who will attempt to scam them.

Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

Would you share this article with others?  +

• April 8, 2020 at 12:10 PM by an anonymous user from: Noble, Louisiana, United States

I have received such an email. I did not send any money to these individuals. Since Mr. Helu is aware of these scams, why won't he do something to stop these scammers from hurting innocent people?

• March 24, 2020 at 9:56 PM by info

"From: Carlos Slim Helu <cfoundation7@gmail.com>

Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 6:25 PM

Subject: Re:

Thank you for confirming the validity of your email and also accepting this grant with good faith. I Carlos Slim Helú. technically is responsible for awarding grant/donations in any part of the world and I have decided to give US$2,500,000.00 to you and other lucky individuals. It gives me great joy finally being able to make this donation to you, let's make the world a better place by giving and solving each others problem, all people have the right to opportunity, equity and dignity.

I will like to re-assure you of the legitimacy of this services as I want you to open my page link to know more about me. Please use the money wisely, I only want to feel good by helping people at this time of the year, this is the only thing that makes me happy all the time, I will advise you as the prospective lucky person to be calm not to loose this great opportunity which millions of people are trying to entangled but the chances just couldn't come for them as they don't know how it works, and have never seen such before.

To facilitate the disbursement process of the funds valued at $2,500,000.00] which have been donated solely to you,send to me your bellow details for my record purpose before proceeding with remitting the sum to you. I am trusting that you will use the money wisely and judiciously. I ask you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living of as many people as you can to see the joy and happiness of giving.

Do make sure you provide me with your complete information below for my record purpose before I forward it to my selected payout bank for disbursement.

Your Full Name:

Current Address:

Country:

Telephone No:

Date of Birth:

Occupation:

Marital Status

I am trusting you to make good use of this money."

Received this scam.

• March 13, 2020 at 8:16 AM by info

"From: Carlos Foundation <cslimhelu855@gmail.com>

Date: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 5:59 PM

Subject: Your email has won you $2.5 Million dollars

Dear Lucky winner,

My name is Carlos Slim Helu, A philanthropist the CEO and Chairman of the Carlos Slim Helu Charitable Foundation, one of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in giving while living?I had one idea that never left in my mind that you should use your wealth to help people and I have decided to secretly give $2,500,000.00 USD to randomly selected individuals worldwide. On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as one of the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random. Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience, so I know your email address is valid: cfoundation7@gmail.com

In case you receive this message in your spam folder it could be due to your internet service provider (ISP) so kindly move to your inbox before replying.

Regards,

Carlos Slim Helu"

Here is another scam.

• March 16, 2020 at 8:42 PM by an anonymous user from: Ferndale, Washington, United States

The email on mine is from officecarlos267@gmail.com. The rest of the message is the same. Received 3/13

• March 3, 2020 at 2:37 PM by an anonymous user from: Miami, Florida, United States

This is the second SCAM letter I have received this week. Both mention Kenya and both want to send me several million dollars.!

I have deleted both emails.

• March 2, 2020 at 8:49 AM by an anonymous user from: Solna, Stockholm, Sweden

"Hello Dearest Friend,

I'm happy to inform you about my successful return from hospital, I have converted my donation into an ATM card to be delivered to you. I am presently in Mexico, meanwhile I didn't forget your past efforts in getting my donations from the Barclays Bank hence this new initiative.Now contact my secretary ask her to send you the Atm card worth($750,000.00 US DOLLARS ) which I kept for your compensation for all the past efforts and troubles in trying to get my donation. For security reasons, I logged this amount into ATM MASTER CARD because I do not want the money to be tempered with.

Feel free and get in touched with my secretary.

Contact Person: Deborah Dennis

E-mail:dbdennis84@gmail.com

She will send the ATM MASTER CARD to you, also reconfirm your details to her such as :

1. Full name

2. Mobile number

3. Address

4. Country

Do get in touch with me once you receive it.

NB: You are not required to pay any fee to receive this other than Atm Service charge required to get your card to you. The customs clearance as well as any other legal certificate have been procured for this.

Regards,

Carlos Slim Helu

CEO Carlos Slim Helu Charitable Foundation"

Here is another scam.

• February 5, 2020 at 9:32 PM by an anonymous user from: Sunnyvale, California, United States

He might be on Facebook messenger also

• October 8, 2019 at 4:06 AM by an anonymous user from: Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States

got this in my spam box, deleting!

• April 4, 2019 at 10:54 AM by info

Here is another scam:

- Forwarded message -

From: Carlos Slim Helu <Carlos@ace.ocn.ne.jp>

Date: Mon, Apr 1, 2019, 12:11 PM

Subject: Your Gmail Account Has won you $1.5million usd

GREETINGS,

I believe strongly in‘giving while living’ I had one idea that never changed in my mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give {$1.500,000 usd} One Million Five Hundred Thousand United states Dollars, to randomly selected individuals worldwide.

Name... Mr.Henrique Marquez

Citizen ...Mexico

Email( carlosf@solution4u.com

Forward him this following details.

FULL NAME

ADDRESS

COUNTRY

PHONE

NUMBER

Please make sure you contact him for further instruction about your winning of $1.5million usd because am traveling to Japan for investment project and i willl not return back to Usa or Mexico until september.

Regards,

Carlos Slim Helu

• November 12, 2018 at 6:29 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Carlos Slim Helu <ceoslimhelu@gmail.com>

Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:54 AM

Subject: Reply To: ceoslimhelu@gmail.com

Hi My name is Carlos Slim Helu, A philanthropist the CEO and Chairman of the Carlos Slim Helu Foundation Charitable Foundation, one of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in‘giving while living’ I had one idea that never changed in my mind, that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give { $2,500,000.00 USD } to randomly selected individuals worldwide.

On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random. Kindly get back to me with your full address at your earliest convenience, so I know your email address is valid. RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL(ceoslimhelu@gmail.com) ONLY.

Regards, Carlos Slim Helu Reply To: ceoslimhelu@gmail.com"

• September 22, 2018 at 7:20 PM by an anonymous user from: New York, United States

Yes I believed it was a scam but responded how do I know this is legitimate. "Carlos Slim Helu" sent me an email to convince it was legitimate with "his" contact number 213 986-8707. I then deleted the email.

• September 13, 2018 at 12:32 PM by info

Here is another scam:

- Forwarded message -

From: "Carlos Slim Helu" <www.@biscuit.ocn.ne.jp>

Date: Sep 13, 2018 2:24 AM

Subject: Donation From Carlos Slim Helu Charitable Foundation

Hi

My name is Carlos Slim Helu, A philanthropist the CEO and Chairman of the Carlos Slim Helu Foundation Charitable Foundation, one of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in‘giving while living’ I had one idea that never changed in my mind ― that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give { $7500,000.00 USD } to randomly selected individuals worldwide.

On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random. Kindly get back to me with your full address at your earliest convenience, so I know your email address is valid;do contact me here ; claims@helufoundation.org

Regards,