Walmart Password Reset Scam Sent by Cybercriminals
Would you share this Article with others?
Here are some tips that can help you:
- Do not click on any of the links in the email.
- Check your statements to see if any unauthorized charges were placed and monitor your statements
- If unauthorized charges were placed, please contact your bank or credit card company to dispute the charges. Your financial institution is the best avenue to recover funds.
- You can delete any saved payment information and reset your password as a preventative measure.
Online shopping is fast and easy, but it's still "buyer beware." Providing your information online can be as safe as providing it to a store you visit in-person, as long as you follow a few simple rules:
- Make sure your computer's security software is up-to-date
- Shop well-known brands or sites with which you are familiar
- Make sure the site uses a secure check-out – look for https in the url or for other security indicators
- Purchase using your credit card
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is a scam
Note: Some of the names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or other information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Please share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. Check the comment section below for additional information, if there is any. Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search engine.
You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To help protect your privacy, please do not post or remove, your full name, telephone number, email address, username, password, account number, credit card information, home address or other sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Write your comment, question, answer, or review in the box below to share what you know or to get answers. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.