"Dying Widow" Advance Fee Scams Being Sent by Online Scammers

"Dying Widow" Advance Fee Scams Being Sent by Online Scammers

Would you share this Article with others?

Online users, beware of advance-fee emails, where the scammers who are sending the fake emails claim they are widows who are dying from cancer or some other illness and want to give the recipients their inheritance. An advance-fee scam is a form of fraud and one of the most common types of confidence trick. The scam typically involves promising the victim a significant share of a large sum of money, in return for a small up-front payment, which the fraudster requires in order to obtain the large sum.

A "Dying Widow" Advance Fee Scam

From: "Ruth Williams" <sandalsharp@uwclub.net>

Date: June 30, 2019 at 12:57:57 PM MST

Subject: Hello dear,

Hello dear,

How is everything with you today, my names are Mrs Ruth Williams 77 years old dying widow I was diagnosed for cancer for about 2 years now. I was married to a very lovely husband, he was a successful businessman before he died. Recently my doctor told me that I will not live longer than some weeks, the reason I am sending this message to you is because my health condition can not allow me to do anything again.

Can I trust you with US$ 35.4 Millionn for the good work of humanity as I decided to give it out for the poor in the society? I wish you all the best and may the good Lord bless you abundantly as you use this money well to give hope to the downtrodden, even if I die now my spirit will be at rest. This message is for you alone therefore, you should respond in swift because I don't want to disclose this information to another person as I work by the direction of my spirit.

I have notified my lawyer Barr Umeh Johnson to give you the necessary assistance needed for you to get the money as soon as possible, therefore, try and write him once you read this message. Lastly, you should keep this project very confidential from third-party until it is accomplished to avoid jeopardizing my effort.

Thanks and God bless.

Mrs Ruth Williams

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

• July 22, 2019 at 12:33 AM by info

"From: grace fishery <gracefishery7@gmail.com>

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:04:20 AM GMT 2

Subject: hi

Hello Friend

I’m Mrs.Grace Fishery the widow of late Mr. Fishery Formal Director of US Oil Company, also l am chief account General in world bank intentional USA, I’m 60 year old. I am a Christian, I'm suffering from prolonged cancer of the breast, from all medical indications my condition has really deteriorated and it’s pretty obvious that i may not live for more than six months owning to the rapid growth by stage and the excruciating pain that accrues to it.

My husband was killed during the Gulf War in Iran,and our long years of marriage was not blessed with children. My husband was very wealthy.After his death I inherited all his business and funds. My doctor has diagnosed and told me privately what i should expect, building my spirit for the inevitable .He says i may not last for more than six months,based on this i have taken the decision to share part of my funds and wealth in contribution to the development of the Church and society with major focus on the poor, needy and victims of HIV/AIDS.

I selected you after visiting the website having prayed over it, I am willing to donate the sum of $10.00,000USD for your work in developing the Church/Mosque and to help the poor, needy,and less privileged among your congregations/society. Please note that this fund is deposited in a bank in the country where my husband worked, My lawyer will file the application for the transfer of this money in your designated name and information’s, after my applications and instructions.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,

the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you. finally i honestly

employ you to make sure that these funds are put to use only for this purpose, a good one you can agree with me,and remember these are the demands of a dying woman who has a life in the lord. I now realize that wealth without life in Christ is vanity and non-sense.Always remember that.

May the grace and blessings of God be and remain with you. You can contact me via my email address below: gracefishery7@gmail.com

I shall be awaiting for your response."

Received this scam.

• July 16, 2019 at 7:17 PM by info

"From: "Mrs. Elizabeth Talaat" <maria@niel.site>

Date: July 16, 2019 at 6:41:49 AM MST

Subject: God Be With You!

Reply-To: mrselizabethtalaat01@gmail.com

Greeting in the name of our Lord Jesus, my name is Mrs. Elizabeth Talaat from Thailand. I am the wife of Late Ibrahim Saleh Talaat, My late husband died in an air crash on the 31st October 1999 in an Egyptian airline Boeing 990 with other passengers on board. You can confirm this fact from the website which was aired by the BBC WORLD NEWS (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/502503.stm)

After the death of my husband i felt sick and was Diagnosed with Euphorically Cancer of the Lungs, according to my Doctor, my condition is really deteriorating and is quite obvious that I may not live long, because the cancer stage has gotten to a very severe stage. I needed someone that I can trust with a charity work, good Christian who can assist me do the work of God.

NOTE: At the moment, I cannot do anything on my own because of my health condition, therefore, I contacted you to seek your assistance for the work of God, and to assist me receive my late husband money that has been deposited with a security bank in Thailand as the next of kin. Also you need to know that the total amount been deposited with the security bank in Thailand is the sum of USD$18, 000, 000, 00 Eighteen Million United State Dollars. Please all I need right now is to give my late husband Attorney an instruction to assist you make a change of ownership to your name, as the rightful next of kin to late Ibrahim Saleh Talaat and assist you secure some of the documents in your position. Please promised me that you will carry out this order by using the money to do the work of God helping the orphans, Less privilege and homeless all over the Europe, America, Asia And African because that has been my dreams and my late husband dreams. As soon as I hear back from you I will give you further instruction on how to proceed with my late husband lawyer.

Hark to this; I will like you to have $1,700.000.00 for your personal use and I am willing to donate the sum of $16,300,000.00 Million Dollars will be utilized in helping orphans, refugees, building of clinic, schools, helping widows and whatever to the glory of God. With deep regard to this charitable work, I delight rely on your good suggestions and good ideas for upright manifestation of the project in your country. I am hoping to uphold your insight over the formation of the project and its resumption in your great country.

Please, do not reply me if you have the intention of using this fund for personal use, rather than enhancement of the comfort of the Handicapped. Lastly, I want you/your home to be praying for me as regards my entire life and my health because I have come to find out since my spiritual birth lately that wealth acquisition without God in one's life is vanity upon vanity.

I will wait for your Response before I go ahead and inform my Lawyer about my intentions.

Remain Blessed,

Mrs. Elizabeth Talaat"

• July 14, 2019 at 11:40 AM by info

"From: "Mrs. Wendy Jane Williams." <jjhw85@gkmatm.online>

Date: July 14, 2019 at 8:18:22 AM MST

Subject: Respectfully

Reply-To: mrs.janeewewilliams@yandex.com

Hello Respectfully ,

I am writing this mail to you with heavy tears in my eyes and great sorrow

in my heart. As I informed you earlier, I am (Mrs.)Wendy Jane Williams.

from South Africa. and a widow to late McCauley Scott Williams I had no

children of my with my late husband; I am 63 years old, suffering from

long time Cancer of the breast. From all indications my condition is really

deteriorating and it's quite obvious that I won't live more than 3 months

according to my doctors.

I have some funds I inherited from my late loving husband McCauley Scott

Williams, the sum of ( 20.5 million dollars) which he deposited in a Bank

I need a very honest and God fearing person that can use these funds for

Charity work, helping the Less Privileges ETC., And 20% of this money will be

for your time and expenses, while 80% goes to charities. Please let me know

if I can TRUST YOU ON THIS to carry out this favor for me. I look forward

to your prompt reply for more details contact my personal email address:

mrs.janeewewilliamssss@gmail.com

Yours sincerely

Mrs. Wendy Jane Williams."

• July 13, 2019 at 11:10 AM by info

"From: MRS SOFIA SHAW <shaw034@ghiminfo.online>

Date: July 13, 2019 at 4:39:07 AM MST

Subject: PLEASE CONSIDER

Reply-To: MRS SOFIA SHAW <sofiashaw2017@gmail.com>

Dearest One,

Good day Please kindly be honest to me. My name is Mrs. Sofia Shaw, I am a dying woman who had decided to donate what I have to the Charities.As you know bad people in the world have spoil the image of good people.Please I don't want you to ignore this massage.

I am 75 years old and was diagnosed with cancer about four years ago,immediately after the death of my husband.I have been touched to donate from what I have inherited from my late husband for the good work rather than allow his relatives to lavish my husband's hard earned fund. As i lay on my sick bed, I want you to help me in carrying out my last wish on earth which will also be very profitable to you. I want to WILL a total sum of $5.5 million USD to you which I want you to distribute part of it to any charity home for me and the rest for yourself and your family.

I will inform you on how to share all, Please for further information contact me ASAP. I will be looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

MRS SOFIA SHAW."

• July 10, 2019 at 10:10 AM by info

"From: Mrs Linda Soo <mrs.lindas1.1@gmail.com>

Date: Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 11:03 AM

Subject: Dear Justin Buzzotta

Dear,

I got your details after an extensive on-line search Via (Network Power Charitable Trust) for a reliable person, I'm Mrs Linda Soo, 58 years old dying woman who was diagnosed for cancer about 4 years ago,I have decided to donate ($10,500,000.00) to you for charitable goals.Contact me if you are interested in carrying out this task, so that i can arrange the release of the funds to you

Thank you and God bless you.

Mrs Linda Soo"

• July 10, 2019 at 9:47 AM by info

"From: Ruxandra Ratnavale

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 1:54 AM

Subject: Hello My Dear In God We Trust

To: cityhotel-delmenhorst123@t-online.de

My Donation To You in good faith.

With Due Respect and Humility, Greetings in the name of God. My name is Mrs Ruxandra Ratnavale, Romania Origin but married with Late Sir Ratnavale from UNITED KINGDOM UK. l am 64 years old and a coveted born again Christian, suffering from long time cancer of the breast, from all indication my condition is really deteriorating and it is quite obvious that I might not live more than two (2) months, according to my doctor because the cancer has gotten to a very worst / dangerous stage.

My late husband was the Chairman CEO Auto Parts industries based in LONDON. I have decided to donate a fund through Credit Account of (£3,5000.00 GBP)(Three Million, Five Hundred Thousand GBP) to you for this assignment, Charity, less privilege, building of hospitals and also for the assistance of the poor widows, Motherless babies, Charity organization, CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM, my late husband has already donated alot in this country LONDON, so you have to make sure that you use this donation fund as I have directed so that the name of the Almighty God will be glorify forever.

Your urgent response is required in this matter due to my present critical condition of my health, it was a Sister nurse working in this hospital that helped me to type this message, because I am loosing strenght every munites of the day. All I need from you is prayers that God will accept my soul incase I didn't survive this surgery. Also pray for the soul of my late Husband to rest in peace. I AM WAITING FOR YOUR URGENT REPLY.

Remain blessed in God. Yours

Mother Mrs Ruxandra Ratnavale."

• July 9, 2019 at 9:29 AM by info

"From: MRS TERESA STANG <edwordgo78@gmail.com>

Date: 8 July 2019 at 17:33:19 BST

To: "edwordgo78@gmail.com" <edwordgo78@gmail.com>

Subject: DONATION FOR YOU

Reply-To: MRS TERESA STANG <mrstangteresa@gmail.com>

May the peace of God be with you and your family.I know it will be a great surprise reading from me today but consider this a divine intervention as a pastor explained to my understanding.

My name is Mrs. Teresa Stang, a widow from Oklahoma USA and am writing you from my sickbed because i have been fighting cancer and the doctors says i have only few weeks left. I want to entrust my money ($ 16.5 million USD) to your care for charity purposes to help the less privileged as my late husbands relatives want me dead so that they will claim all my late husband and i worked for.I will proceed to let you know what to do without any hesitation. Let me enlighten you on what i want

you to do for me. From all indication, my condition has deteriorated

and it is quite obvious according to my doctors that i may not live

for the next couple of weeks, because my condition has gotten to a

critical and life threatening stage that is why i want you to handle

the funds to reach the less privileged, orphanages, single moms and

widows in our society. I myself grew up in one of the orphanages that

is why i so much want you to share my money with the less privileged."

• July 6, 2019 at 10:31 AM by info

"Consider Very Urgent

Sat 7/6/2019 2:14 AM

From: "MR.ALASSAN KABIRU"a - cbbburkinafasocbborg@gmail.com

My name is ( Mr.Alassan Kabiru) I work at a bank. I found your information from a business contact when i was searching for a honest partner , I hope that you will not expose or betray this trust. I am in need of your help as a foreigner to claim an abandon fund sum of $15 million U.S dollars. This money belonged to one of our customers from the Indonesia who died in a Tsunami while on vacation with his family. Unfortunately his beneficiaries also passed in this tragic disaster. We currently do not have anyone to claim these funds)

Please I would like you to keep this proposal Between us . ( "My proposal is that") You will have 40% of the above mentioned fund, while will have 60%. If you are interested kindly fill out Below information and send it back to me for more details.

Your full name.

Your country.

Your age.

Your occupation.

Phone number.

Office address.

Copy of your passport or ID card.

Please reply to my private email: alassankb@gmail.com

Regards

Mr.Alassan Kabiru

226 7787 8211"

• July 6, 2019 at 10:29 AM by info

"From: Katherine Johnson <info@checkpoint.fi>

Date: July 6, 2019 at 1:00:59 AM MST

To: Undisclosed recipients:;

Subject: Hello Beloved,

Reply-To: <katherin3johnson@yandex.com>

Hello Beloved,

My name is Katherine Johnson and I was born in East Texas not far from Austin Texas but married to my husband Robert Johnson from United Kingdom who working and living in the USA as of then, but we finally move down to the United Kingdom my husband's home town in Wales the Northern part. I wrote you this letter because I need your assistance.

I grew up in an orphanage and was married to my late husband for 19 years without a child and my husband died as a result of a road accident in 2015. I am 68years I am currently suffering from liver cancer and my health is deteriorating speedily. Just yesterday, the specialist handling my case told me that I have a few days to live on earth and I became so worried because of the sad news he gave me.

Now, I want my inheritance funds to be used for charity works. My instinct leads me to write this letter to you and seek your assistance to handle this task in the way I will instruct you and maybe God will consider me worthy of his presence when I die.

If you accept to handle the task, I shall will my inheritance funds ($20M USD) to you to start the charity work and I shall leave you with instructions on how to manage the funds.

I wait to hear from you through this email: as soon as possible.

Regards,

Katherine Johnson"

• July 5, 2019 at 8:25 PM by info

"From: Fareeda Farah <fareedafarah309@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019, 06:36:42 PM GMT 2

Subject: urgent respond

Hello My Dear.

Please do not feel disturbed for contacting you, based on the critical condition I find mine self, though, it's not financial problem, but my health, you might have know that cancer is not what to talk home about, I am married to Mr. Abaulkarim Farah who worked with Tunisia embassy in Burkina Faso for nine years before he died in the year 2012.We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for five days.

Since his death I decided not to remarry, When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$ 9.2m (Nine million two hundred thousand dollars) in a bank in Burkina Faso, Presently this money is still in bank. And My Doctor told me that I don't have much time to live because of the cancer problem, Having known my condition I decided to hand you over this fund to take care of the less-privileged people, you will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want you to take 30 Percent of the total money for your personal use While 70% of the money will go to charity" people and helping the orphanage.

I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by the Government. I grew up as an Orphan and I don't have anybody as my family member,

I am expecting your urgent respond.

Here is my private E-mail ( fareedafarah907@yahoo.com )

Regards,

Mrs.Fareeda Farah

written from Hospital."

• July 5, 2019 at 8:06 PM by info

"From: Mrs Elliana <mrswalors@aol.fr>

Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2019, 04:05:35 PM GMT 2

Subject: I Need Urgent Respond,

I Need Urgent Respond,

I am writing this mail to you with heavy tears In my eyes and great sorrow in my heart, My Name is Mrs Elliana Gupta and I am contacting you from my country Tunisia I want to tell you this because I don't have any other option than to tell you as I was touched to open up to you, I married to Mr.James Gupta who worked with Tunisia embassy in Brazil for nine years before he died in the year 2014.We were married for eleven years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only five days. Since his death I decided not to remarry, When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of (USD 850.000) in one Bank in Brazil Presently this money is still in bank.

Recently, My Doctor told me that I would not last for the period of months due to cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition I decided to hand you over this money to take care of the less-privileged people, you will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here I want you to take 30 Percent of the total money for your personal use While 70% of the money will go to charity, people in the street and helping the Orhanage. I grew up as an Orphan and I don't have any body as my family member, just to end endeavor that the house of God is maintained. Am doing this so that God will forgive my sins and accept my soul because these sicknesses have suffered me so much. Fore More Details contact my privet email bellow: (misselina201@gmail.com) As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank where the fund is deposited, Hoping to receive your reply soon:

From Mrs Elina"

• July 5, 2019 at 8:01 PM by info

"From: mrselizabethedward1@gmail.com

Dear Friend,

Please forgive me for stressing you with my predicaments as I know that this letter may come to you as big surprise. Actually, as my pastor advised me to reject earthly reward and thanks by handing the project to someone I have never seen or met for a greater reward in heaven awaits for whoever can give such a costly donation. I came across your E-mail from my personal search, and I decided to email you directly believing that you will be honest to fulfill my final wish before or after my death.

Meanwhile, I am Madam Elizabeth Edwards, 73 years, am from USA, still childless. I am suffering from Adenocarcinoma Cancer of the lungs for the past 8 years and from all indication my condition is really deteriorating as my doctors have confirmed and courageously advised me that I may not live beyond 2 weeks from now for the reason that my tumor has reached a critical stage which has defiled all forms of medical treatment.

Since my days are numbered, I’ve decided willingly to fulfill my long-time vow to donate to the underprivileged the sum of Eighteen million five hundred thousand dollars ($18.5m) I deposited in a different account over 8 years now because I have tried to handle this project by myself but I have seen that my health could not allow me to do so anymore. My promise for the poor includes building of well-equipped charity foundation hospital and a technical school for their survival.

If you will be honest, kind and willing to assist me handle this charity project as I’ve mentioned here, I will like you to provide me your personal data like. Contact me through this email address (elisabethe1981@mail.com) and also send me your private email address.

(1) Your full name:

Hello dear,

Thanks and God bless.

Mrs Ruth Williams"

• July 4, 2019 at 3:29 PM by info

"From: susan29@gatmx.online

Date: July 3, 2019 at 3:24:27 AM MST

Subject: From Mrs.Susan Shabangu ,Please Respond Back To Me.

Reply-To: susanshabangu205@gmail.com

MRS.SUSAN SHABANGU

MINISTER OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT

REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA SINCE MAY 2018

PLEASE REPLY WITH MY PRIVATE EMAIL: susanshabangu205@gmail.com

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

Good Day,

First, let me start by introducing myself my name is Mrs. Susan Shabangu, I am visually impaired Widow, a mother of three children and Minister of Social Development of the Republic of South Africa since May 2018. To date under the auspices of the President of South Africa MR CYRIL RAMAPHOSA.

After due deliberation with my children, I decided to contact you for your assistance in standing as a beneficiary to the sum of US$30.5M (Thirty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only). You can view my profile at my (www.whoswhosa.co.za/user/2169 ) and read about me.

THE PROPOSAL, After the swearing in ceremony making me the Deputy Minister of Safety and Security, my husband Mr. Ndebele Shabangu died while he was on an official trip to Trinidad and Tobago in 1996.After his death, I discovered that he had some funds in a dollar account which amounted to the sum of US$30.5Million with a security and finance institution in South Africa of which I will divulge information to you when I get your full consent and support to go for a change of beneficiary and subsequent transfer of the funds into your comfortable and conducive account of your choice.

This fund emanated as a result of an over-invoiced contract which he executed with the Government of South Africa. Though I assisted him in getting this contract but I never knew that it was over-invoiced by him. I am afraid that the government of South Africa might start to investigate on contracts awarded from 1990 to date.

If they discover this money in his security company account, they will confiscate it and seize his assets here in South Africa and this will definitely affect my political career in, government. I want your assistance either by coming down to South Africa in person or provide your complete bank details information, so that these funds could be wired directly into your overseas account without any hitch.

I am offering you 20% of the principal sum which amounts to US$6,100.000.00 (Six million One Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only) and 5% will be for any expenses that both of us may Insure in this transaction. And another 5% will go for Motherless babes home. However, you have to assure me and also be ready to go into agreement with me that you will not elope with my fund. If you agree to my terms, kindly as a matter of urgency send me an email.

Also, I can give you my banker phone number so that you can contact him and discuss with him directly as he already promised to use his position to move this fund out of South Africa, it’s okay and fine by me. Please I do not need to remind you of the need for absolute Confidentiality of this transaction.

My regards to your family

Yours faithfully,

MRS. SUSAN SHABANGU

MINISTER OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT

REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA SINCE MAY 2018

PLEASE REPLY WITH MY PRIVATE EMAIL: susanshabangu205@gmail.com"

• July 4, 2019 at 2:38 PM by info