Halifax Payee Alert Scam Text - Suspicious Activity
Here is a list of telephone numbers the scam text message came from:
If you know other telephone numbers, please list them in a comment below.
What To Do If You Receive a Scam Text
If you get a message that seems odd, you should follow these steps:
- Do not reply - Even if you think you know the sender, don’t reply to a text or email message if it seems odd.
- Do not open any links or attachments - Scam texts and emails can put a virus on your phone or computer.
- Call the company - If you’re not sure, phone the company on a number you trust or visit their website by typing their web address directly into the address bar at the top of your screen.
- Call us to make sure it’s genuine - Use the number on the back of your bank card and we can help to check the text or email message.
- Forward the message to our fraud team - Please forward any scam emails to us at email@example.com
- Forward the message to your network provider – You can use 7726 to report the scam text for free to your network provider.
- Remember, if you’re not sure about an email or text message - do not reply and delete it.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Show More Comments (0)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.
Recommendations / Ads