How To Turn on/off Scam ID and Scam Block
There are a number of ways to turn on Scam Block:
- Download the free Scam Shield app and toggle on Scam Block
- Dial #662# from your T-Mobile device
- Log in to My T-Mobile or the T-Mobile app, where you'll see an option to turn on Scam Block
- Turn Scam Block on for your DIGITS numbers by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile device to speak to a mobile expert
- T-Mobile pre-paid customers can turn on Scam Block by dialing #436#, visiting a retail store, or contact T-Mobile.
Network level protection has been added to stop the increasingly common “Neighborhood Spoofing” and prevent hijacked numbers (where scammers temporarily match the area code and 3-digit prefix of the person they are targeting) from reaching your phone.
You can help T-Mobile improve these services by reporting an improperly identified call.
Scam ID and Scam Block are industry-leading free scam protection tools deployed on the T-Mobile network to keep their customers safe from scammers. Scam ID automatically displays "Scam Likely" and the number that is calling on suspected scam calls. Scam ID also catches spoofed calls because T-Mobile looks beyond the incoming number and tracks actual call behavior. Scam Block automatically blocks all "Scam Likely" calls before they ever reach your phone, so you never even see them.