Warning! JavaScript is turned off or disabled! Some features on this website will not work.
« »

Beware of Richard and Angela Maxwell Lottery Donation Scams

2018-08-19T18:05:29  +
Beware of Richard and Angela Maxwell Lottery Donation Scams

The email messages below, which claim that Richard and Angela Maxwell, the British couple that won £53,193,914 in the EuroMillions jackpot in March 2015, are donating millions of British pounds to people around the world as part of their charity project, is a lottery scam. Richard and Angela Maxwell are not randomly donating money to people around the world. The scammers/cyber-criminals are who are sending out the fake email messages, and who are pretending to be Richard and Angela Maxwell, are attempting to trick the recipients into sending them their personal information.

Please continue reading below.

Once they (scammers) have received their potential victims’ personal information, they will use the information to trick the potential victims into sending money, which they will claim is for some advance fees, which will cover banking and transfer costs, insurance payments or tax that the potential victims need to pay before they can receive the donated money.

But, if the victims send their money, the scammers will steal it and may continue to trick the victims into sending more money, with the promise of receiving the donated money the scammers claim they would receive.

Recipients of the Richard and Angela Maxwell lottery scam emails are asked not to respond to or follow the instructions in them. They should just delete the email messages instead.

It is important to remember that when someone contacts you, claiming that you have won the lottery or you are the recipient of millions of dollars, and asks you to send money in order to receive your lottery winnings or prizes, it is a SCAM. Legitimate lottery companies will never ask their winners to send money in order to receive their prizes or winnings. And, why would lottery winners who are allegedly donating millions of dollars to you, want you to send a few hundred or thousand dollars for banking and transfer costs, insurance payments or tax? Well, the money that the scammers want the victims to send, which the scammers claim is for taxes, bank transfer cost, insurance or other expenses, is what the scammers will steal. And, the victims, on the other hand, will never receive the winnings, prizes or money that they were promised.

So, once you are asked to send money in order to receive money, it is a scam.

Sample of a "Richard and Angela Maxwell" Lottery Scam Email Message

Dear Friend,

I am please to received your prompt response, this decision is from my wife and I, we agreed that if we ever win a Lottery, we will cede 10% of our winnings to an individual we have never met before as part of our own charity project. As fate would have it, we won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have decided to fulfill our wish without any regret. To verify our lottery winnings, please see our interview by visiting the web page below:

Your email address was submitted to us by Google Inc. as a web user after they had done a computer spin-ball on several email addresses. Fortunately, you are the 10% beneficiary of our lottery winnings, I am much aware of the fraudulent activities going on around the world, for that reason people are really skeptical to accept when the real opportunity comes.

I didn’t believed it my self when I was contacted by the lottery board that I won £53 Million British Pounds, I thought it was all joke or fraud, but we thank God for this big and life changing opportunity.

Irrespective of your previous financial status, we need you to do us the favor by accepting our kind gesture wholeheartedly. Hence, to enable us transfer your £5.3 Million British pounds in your name by our offshore paying bank.

To effect the transfer to your designated bank account in your own country, we have discuss with our offshore bank and we where given terms of transfer, that our beneficiary will be mandated to setup an ONLINE OFFSHORE ACCOUNT with a minimum of $1000.00usd because of the security feature to avoid transfer interception and thief’s. I know this is a gift and you are not suppose to spend a dime, remember I also use £3000.00GBP to acquired ticket for my lottery winning, this is also a life changing opportunity for you and your entire family.

If you are okay with the term and condition of our paying bank, do provide us with the information’s below before will can furnish you with the bank contact information’s immediately.

Be aware there is no forma documentation on this, as this whole funds transfer is coming from Richard & Angela Maxwell and is %100 legitimate. Attached is our both international passport to verify our personality and authentication of the donation.

Full Name:

Contact Address:

Country:

Sex:

Phone Number:

The only thanks we need is to use this money wisely and affect other individual and the less privileged in the society, so we can both make the world a better community if we

selflessly render help to one another.

Richard & Angela Maxwell

Also, report scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent.

Remember to help us, help you, by donating. 🎁Click here to donate

Please continue reading below.

Comments, Questions and Reviews ✍

• Posted: Aug 13, 2018 at 11:35 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands

I will try to do it in English. I have received the message from Richard and his wife Angela Maxwell and what you write is true. I have been in contact with their bank person, his name is Stefan Günter and he works at the Deutsche Postbank they give me an address telephone number and all.

I am glad that it looks a little bit verder another wise I would ask my family to help me with the payment of 1000 euro. If you want their e-mail addresses I can give it to you. I live in Holland.

• Posted: Sep 5, 2018 at 4:23 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Norwich, England, United Kingdom

I have also received the same email and have informed NCA [ National Crime Agency ]

• Posted: Aug 7, 2018 at 6:25 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Sandefjord, Vestfold, Norway

They tried this on me too. Bad luck for them cause I'm totally broke and can't pay anything.

• Posted: Aug 2, 2018 at 2:29 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Stockport, England, United Kingdom

This is the response I received when I queried why anyone would expect me to give bank account details. They do keep trying!!

"STANDING ORDER TO TRANSFER FUNDS
    SG
    Stefan Günter
    Reply|
    Sat 28/07, 04:19

This is still early days, no one is compelling you to accept this donation so you can back out right now. Inline with this, kindly furnish me with a disclaimer notification stating your non-interest in this transaction and of any interest in the future. This is to enable us channel this funds to a cancer research institute in SrI Lanka as mandated by the couple in such a case.

But if you are still interested, you can quickly open a zero account for the purpose of this transaction and furnish us with the details if you feel weary of releasing any of your existing account(s).

Mr. Stefan Günter
    Transfer Unit"

• Posted: Jul 28, 2018 at 4:33 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

I got the exact same scam as listed above posted 21 Jul. I got mine on the 24th of Jul 18.

• Posted: Jul 21, 2018 at 7:22 AM by info

"From: Richard & Angela Maxwell
    Date: 20 July 2018 at 12:50:47 BST
    Subject: Special Gift To You..Reply Now.....
    Reply-To: Richard & Angela Maxwell

To verify our lottery winnings,please see our interview by visiting the web page below:

After a computer spinball,your email address was among the 5 random emails which were submitted to us by the Google, Inc as a web user; if you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) in your name or direct our offshore paying bank to effect the transfer of the funds to your designated bank account in your own country.

Address:

Send your response to: richardmax18@qq.com

Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 7:16 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Mazarrón, Murcia, Spain

I checked the direction and at least send it to the German Police!

"My wife and I are quite happy to hear from you. We hope that you’ll realize that this is a life time opportunity for you and your family and therefore ensure that this money is used wisely and judiciously.

It is most certain that you’ll probably be wondering why this goodwill donation is for you and also, wondering if it is probably real. My wife and I were even much more skeptical and worried when we first heard of our winnings; especially after my wife had fallen to some scam artist 7 months before we won this lottery.

However, we were so excited when we knew our winnings was real and we decided to make sure our interview was on the internet for the world to see. We also resolved to bless others by our goodwill donations; hence, we requested the help of Google, Inc as a web user, to do a random selection of 5 emails to benefit �1,000,000.00 EUR (One Million Euros) each. We believe that this goodwill donation will enable you to take good care of your immediate family members and also, make others within your immediate reach comfortable and happy like us. We hope to bring such happiness and excitement to you and your family and also hope you help the poor in your area and contribute also to the charity.

Sincerely, we find it really amazing receiving appreciation gifts and emails, a couple of months ago, when we got an email from one of the beneficiaries who lives in Cyprus, Mr. Manos, thanking me and my Wife for the cash donation to him and his family. This sort of emails we receive from our beneficiaries gives us much joy and we are really happy for you, being one of our beneficiaries. Mr.Manos told us that he received his own funds, even though he was a little bit skeptical initially on receipt of our donation email, but he made up his mind and he trusted us to follow up on our instruction. Although, it is our bank that does effect the payment as instructed by us, been the custodians to facilitate the safe transfer of the funds which we have donated.

We are very happy and proud to help you and your family and we also suggest that you MUST also get in touch with the bank by e-mail now with the information below for confirmation:

Deutsche Postbank
    Vitustor 16, 48629 Metelen, Germany
    Phone: 49-178-659-8036
    Fax 49-211-204-9029 (Real number of the bank 49 228 4333111)
    Payment Coordinator: Mr. Stefan Günter
    Email: s.gunter@deutschpostbk.com

Please note that, I and my Wife will be going on holiday tomorrow and will only be able to access our e-mails when we come back from our holiday trip, but know that we will give full mandate to the bank to transfer your funds to you as soon as they establish communication with you.

We love you and your family.

Kind Regards,
    Richard Maxwell"

• Posted: Jul 17, 2018 at 12:15 PM by info

-- -- -- ---

From: Dharmesh Shah [mailto:kprint13@hotmail.com]
    Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 5:29 PM
    Subject: lucky winner

Hello,

My client Mr&Mrs Richard Maxwell won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate €1,000,000EUR(One Million Euros) to 5 individuals randomly as part of their own charity project.

To verify our lottery winnings, Please see our interview by visiting the web page below:

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11511467/Lincolnshire-couple-win-53m-on-EuroMillions.html

Your email address was among the emails which were submitted to us by the Google Inc as a steady email user; If you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can make arrangement to transfer your €1,000,000.00 EUR(One Million Euros) to you in your own country.

Address:
    Country:

Send your response to: pastle2016@yandex.com

Pastle Mend

• Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 5:00 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Johns, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

I was advised by Crissie Creswell that I won 500,000.00 USD Currency

• Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 5:36 AM by info

It is a scam.

• Posted: Mar 29, 2018 at 9:30 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Colombo (Colombo Division), Western, Sri Lanka

Here is another scam:

"My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate €1,000,000EUR(One Million Euros) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

Your email address was among the emails which were submitted to us by the Google, Inc as a web user; if you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your €1,000,000.00 EUR(One Million Euros) to you in your own country.

Address:
    Country:

Send your response to: richardmxwel2@outlook.com

Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 3:04 AM by an anonymous user from or near: St. Johns, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

I was contacted by Crissie Creswell on June 7th, 2018 advising me that I am a lOTTERY, June llth, 2018 I was contacted again by Crissie Creswell advising me that I am a Lottery Winner all they need is my Concentration, I responded that this is legitimate I done research on my own my questions were answered.

I received a stamped certificate approved as well saying my Certified Cheque will be sent by Fed Ex, I'm at Awe I will be forever grateful and forever thankful to both of you Richard & Angela Maxwell, I firmly believe in God and I promise I will share and make a Difference as well.

I am so happy for both of you your reward is sharing with the needy, it will be mine as well. Right from the bottom of my Heart I gracefully thank you.

Sincerely: Virginia Nash my Given name, my Nickname Jeannie Nash, I'm anxiously awaiting your Reply.

• Posted: Jun 12, 2018 at 5:34 AM by info

It is a scam.

• Posted: Mar 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM by info

-----Original Message-----
    From: Richard & Angela Maxwell
    Sent: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 23:27
    Subject: Great News..Reply Urgently..!!

My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of �53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate �1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

After a computer spinball,your email address was among the 5 random emails which were submitted to us by the Google, Inc as a web user; if you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your �1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) in your name or direct our offshore paying bank to effect the transfer of the funds to your designated bank account in your own country.

Address:

Send your response to: richardmax19@qq.com

Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 9:28 AM by info

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
    Von: Richard & Angela Maxwell [mailto:ldemirci@hurriyet.com.tr]
    Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Februar 2018 23:38
    Betreff: A Special Gift to You this Year!!

Address:
    Country:

Send your response to: richardmxwel2@outlook.com

Richard & Angela Maxwell

• Posted: Feb 20, 2018 at 5:15 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Pueblo, Colorado, United States

Its the same letter different email:

Address:
    Country:

Send your response to: richmaxwell01@hotmail.com

Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 4:46 PM by info

"From: Richard & Angela Maxwell
    Date: Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 5:45 PM
    Subject: A Special Gift to You this Year!!

Address:
    Country:

Send your response to: richardmxwel2@outlook.com

Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Jan 27, 2018 at 3:31 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Caerphilly, Wales, United Kingdom

Here is another scam:

"My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

Address:

Send your response to: richardmax19@qq.com

Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Dec 30, 2017 at 3:51 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland

How do the scammers get your email address?

regards,

Donald.

• Posted: Dec 30, 2017 at 7:29 AM by info

Sometimes people unknowingly sign up with fake websites that require personal information.

Your computer may got infected with a spyware that steals personal information. Or, persons that you send emails to may have got their computers infected and the spyware stole the email addresses in their contact book.

• Posted: Dec 17, 2017 at 4:51 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: "Richard & Angela Maxwell"
    Date: December 16, 2017 at 5:10:40 PM CST
    Subject: This Is A Free Donation From The Bottom Of Our Heart

Greetings From My Wife And I

My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of £53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate the sum of €1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) to five (5) individuals randomly as part of our own charity project. To verify our lottery winnings, please see our interview by visiting the web page below

After a computer spinball, your email address was among the 5 random emails which were submitted to us by the Google Inc as a web user. We have mandated our offshore paying bank (Allegacy Federal Credit Union) to effect the transfer of the funds to your bank account through their online banking as soon as you login into their online transfer system.

Our offshore paying bank (Allegacy Federal Credit Union) just contacted us this morning that they have finalized all plans to ensure that your donation is transferred to you immediately. They said that what you need to do right now is to click on the Web Link we'll drop below and you would be directed to the bank's online transfer page where you are expected to login with your email address and password. Once you login, you'll see the online-detailed instructions on how to transfer the funds into your preferred bank account through their online banking.

Here Below Is The Web Link For You To Login And Transfer Your Funds.

hxxp://www.magnoliap.com/illo/?id=WN_SX

Note: If you find anything confusing while making your online transfer, then do not hesitate to get back to us through our Email: [ richardandangelamaxwell@citromail.hu ] so that we could get our bank to contact you directly. Please endeavor to contact us with details such as your; Full Names, Address, Mobile Number, Age/Gender, and Occupation.

Congratulations in advance! We look forward to your response soon.

Regard,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell
    Email: richardandangelamaxwell@citromail.hu"

• Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 8:15 PM by info

"From: Richard & Angela Maxwell
    Sent: Friday, December 8, 2017 5:07 AM
    To: dreamcleanmenorca@live.co.uk
    Subject: Exciting News for You!!

Address:
    Country:

Send your response to: richardmxwel1@outlook.com

Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Nov 22, 2017 at 8:55 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Munich (Moosach), Bavaria, Germany

You can also forward such stuff to me@rescam.org . If you do so, these criminal people will be talked into a long and idle conversation by a chatbot. The try to steal your money - why not steal their time?

• Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 3:46 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom

In addition - we (a charity) have just received the email below. Probably part of the same scam.

"From: Angela Maxwell [mailto:maxwellrichardangela2@gmail.com]
    Sent: 07 November 2017 04:21
    Subject: Have you received our donation?

Have you received my Donation?

Greetings.
    Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 4:31 AM by info

"-----Original Message-----
    From: Richard Maxwell [mailto:makeways@gawnet.ch]
    Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 10:54 AM
    Subject: [Junk]You have been selected

ATTN: Winner

Address:
    Country:

Send your response to: richmax2@workmail.com

Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Aug 21, 2017 at 1:08 PM by yovavi from or near: Haifa, Israel

I have also been addressed by the Richard and Angela Foundation and their bank the citizen national bank of Ohio, through Mrs. Arlene Harris. They stated a (rogue) bank account in my name was opened in this bank and funds in excess of $1,000,000 have been transferred to this account. But as this account is dormant I need to send them $2500 for the cost of transfer for every $200,000 they shall send to me after the cost was approved.
    wow!!! Thank you for your site!!!!! You are lifesavers.

• Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 10:01 AM by info

"From: Richard & Angela Maxwell [mailto:bojorquez.claudia@usac.edu.gt]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:56 AM
    Subject: Charity project and donation

Good day,

My wife and I have a donation to deliver to you as part of our goodwill charity project, kindly reply for more details.

Regards,

Richard & Angela Maxwell

Email:super.richardangela@yandex.com
    Email:angelamax20@hotmail.com"

• Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 2:25 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Orlando, Florida, United States

Here is another scam, please do not follow the instructions in it:

"Dear Beneficiary,

May God’s Peace & Blessings be with you!

My wife and I have decided to present you with the sum 750,000.00 GBP (Seven Hundred & Fifty Thousand British Pound) from part of our Euro Million Jackpot lottery of 53,000,000.00 GBP (Fifty Three Million British Pounds). We believe this will come in handy and with it you can also be of assistance to the under privileged within your own community. I am indeed happy about this win as I was stunned for hours and could not believe it when I first saw the ticket match. Though my wife and I are living comfortably, we have always wanted to win the lottery so that we could give out more...I know for sure that this win is for sharing.

Our Donation to you I'd like you to know that I do understand if you have got doubts, but this can become a reality for you if you believe as donations of these dimensions are extremely rare.

Purpose Of Funding:

...

You are advised to forward these information’s as soon as possible to enable us process our Donation to you.

We have made physical donations, also between ten different national charities and my wife and I came up with the idea of donating to some individuals over the internet. So we had to go look up email directories on LinkedIn and randomly selected few email and that's how you got the notification from us about our Donation to you.

Thank you for accepting our offer, we are indeed grateful.

Feel free to call anytime...Hoping to hear from you soon.

Blessings,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell.
    (213) 294 4659"

• Posted: Aug 1, 2017 at 8:21 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"Congratulation my fellow Lucky winner.
    Tue 01/08/2017 04:34
    From: "Richard Angela Maxwell"

Congratulation my fellow Lucky winner.

Our names are Richard & Angela Maxwell from Boston UK.

My wife and I won the Euro Millions Lottery of £ 53 Million British Pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate € 1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

To verify our lottery winnings, please visit http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/ howaboutthat/11511467/Lincolnshire-
    couple-win-53m-on-EuroMillions.html

After a computer spin-ball, your email address was among the 5 random emails that were submitted to the Google, Inc. as a web user; If you have received your email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your € 1,000,000.00 (One Million EURO) in your name or direct our offshore to your bank account. country.

Full Address:

DO NOT REPLY ME BACK WITHOUT COPYING MY PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS
    I wait your immediate response {richardangelamaxwell19@gmail.com}
    Best Regards,
    Richard & Angela Maxwell"

• Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 2:59 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

I received that email but I proceeded with caution. I gave them false information so they don't steal my identity. I made up a name and an address that doesn't exist. They demanded a release fee but I replied to them saying 'I know for a fact IT'S A SCAM!'. So I never sent them money, just the false details. I was receiving a lot of spam lately so I am closing that email account down.

• Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 10:21 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Dunstable, England, United Kingdom

This is what I got in my email and thought it was too good to be true, and decided to google Richard and Angela.
    these people prey on the weak and do not care about the harm they do when you are down and out, you want to believe that someone cares, these people make me sick:

-- start of scam --
    "My wife and I won the euro millions lottery of £53 million British pounds and we have voluntarily decided to donate €1,000,000.00 (one million euro) to 5 individuals randomly as part of our own charity project.

to verify our lottery winnings, please see our interview by visiting the web page below:

after a computer spinball, your email address was among the 5 random emails which were submitted to us by the google, inc as a web user; if you have received our email, kindly send us the below details so that we can transfer your €1,000,000.00 (one million euro) in your name or direct our offshore paying bank to effect the transfer of the funds to your designated bank account in your own country.

full names:
    mobile no:
    age:
    address:
    occupation:

send your response to: richardmax19@qq.Com

best regards,
    richard & angela maxwell"
    -- end of scam --

• Posted: Jul 12, 2017 at 5:59 PM by info

Here is another scam, please do not follow the instructions in it:

-- start of scam --
    From: "Richard & Angela Maxwell"
    Date: 12 July 2017 at 20:52:56 BST
    To: stay@raddicombelodge.co.uk
    Subject: Great News...Respond Now
    Reply-To: "Richard & Angela Maxwell"

Address:

Send your response to: richardmax19@qq.com

Richard & Angela Maxwell
    -- end of scam --

• Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 3:54 PM by an anonymous user from or near: Coventry, England, United Kingdom

I received a text message from 07377719636 saying
    Your phone number just won £650.000.00 from Richard and Angela Maxwell donation email.

• Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 2:51 AM by an anonymous user from or near: Camberwell, England, United Kingdom

Me too. I just ignored it.

• Posted: Jun 19, 2017 at 5:14 PM by info

It is a fake or lottery scam.

Show More of the 35 Comments