The "Françoise Meyers" Donation Scams

The "Françoise Meyers" Donation Scams

Would you share this Article with others?

If you have received email messages similar to the one below, which claim Françoise Bettencourt Meyers is donating millions of dollars to randomly selected individuals worldwide, please do not follow the instruction in it because it is an advance fee scam being sent by online scammers to potential victims. Françoise Bettencourt Meyers, a French billionaire heiress and author of Bible commentaries and works on Jewish-Christian relations, is not randomly giving away millions to selected individuals, therefore, recipients of email messages which claim otherwise are asked to delete them.

The "Françoise Meyers" Donation Scam

From: Nancy McAllister <nmcallister1@bergen.edu>

Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 9:12 AM

Subject: RE: GoodNews

You are a recipient of our donation funds,for more details,send reply to : meyer.francoise12@outlook.com

Persons who were tricked by "Françoise Meyers" donation email scam are asked to report it to the police. And, those who were instructed by the cybercriminals to use their credit cards to make payments for their so-called donation are asked to contact their banks for help.

Please share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. Check the comment section below for additional information, if there is any. Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: info@onlinethreatalerts.com. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search engine.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

The comments, reviews or answers below do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts.

• November 8, 2019 at 8:37 AM by an anonymous user from Wayne, Michigan, United States

I was contacted via email this yesterday, Nov. 7, 2019 by someone claiming to be the heir of the Bettencourt Meyers Estate. I am so appalled by these scammers online and on our phones as well trying to get our information to scam with. I wish that it would stop; we have enough problems just trying to survive from one day to the next!

I wish it were true due to the reasons I even am using the Internet to do business daily but, I don't need anymore headaches.

So, would you please beware that this is going on!

Sincerely,

Patricia Scott-Washington

• November 7, 2019 at 11:50 AM by an anonymous user from Canton, Ohio, United States

I got this same one today. I did reply, but I told them that unless they brought the money to me and just handed it to me I wouldn't believe it. Then I deleted it. A little later I got another email telling me f*** you and to never send them that again.

• November 5, 2019 at 3:26 AM by an anonymous user from Freeport, New York, United States

There are a lot of cruel crooks around I received the same letters gave no money. Or bank info thanks to this site

• October 29, 2019 at 8:13 AM by an anonymous user from Bangkok, Thailand

The first letter from the scammer is enough to sound the alarm bells:

1) Madam Bettencourt Meyers has two sons, but the scammer writes "... my only son."

2) The written language is terrible and full of errors and random use of words starting with a capital letter.

3) The syntax tells me that the writer is from Africa, not France.

4) The scammer tells you that you will get 3.5 million USD, which is 10 % of 30.5 million USD. The math doesn't add up. And the currency in France is euro, not US dollar.

The second letter instructs you to contact NIC Bank PLC on an email address ending with nicbn.co.uk. This domain was registered on 26th October 2019. NIC Bank is based in Kenya and doesn't have any branches in Europe.

And the list goes on and on...

• October 24, 2019 at 7:44 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Françoise Bettencourt Meyers <mysfrbt0098@gmail.com>

Date: October 23, 2019 at 6:59:32 PM EDT

Subject: Re: donation

Hello Beloved

I appreciate you for writing back as I have expected. I got your email from a web log and felt Strongly to write to you. Earlier Introduced As I myself, I am Françoise Bettencourt Meyers daughter of the late Liliane Bettencourt. I am a French Citizen, 64 years old, and worth $ 42.3 Billion Dollars. You can confirm from aussi: http://www.forbes.com/profile/liliane-bettencourt. Because I inherited majority of my funds from my late mom who was also the richest woman in the world.

The intention of this email is to be of great blessing to people. With my age, I cannot continue to amass wealth without giving out. I might not-have the liberty of time due to my ailment (Dementia), therefore, I am doing this now. My late mother always advise me to help people all over the world, I am doing this to make sure his dream is completely realized.

I have handed all my wealth to my only son, there goal is share of it All which nobody is aware of. I have been putting it away for this purpose since a long time now. I would be happy to cede it out to you. I would-have done this myself for my health goal reason and if I do it through my son, I am very sure he Will not help anyone with it. He Took me to short the last time I gave out money out of generosity. It is my Hope that you are able to receive this money and help others from it too.

10% of my worth I have been putting away in a private deposit for a long time now and It Has Reached an Amount of $ 30,500,000.00. I am Trying to cede this money in portions through the bank to have it I Deposited Many can have benefit from it because i do not really-have much to do with it. As I send this post to you, I am sending aussi to others too. I feel to churches, Orphanages, and Individuals, 10% to you and others Each To Whom I have contacts with already. I am doing all this because I want the dream of my late mom Lilian Bettencourt to be fully realized.

Now, all this Being Said, if you know you are ready to receive the funds $ 3,500,000.00 (Three Million, Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars). Kindly introduce yourself to me in details:

Full Name:

Contact Address:

Age:

Occupation:

Phone Number:

Country

Then Will I give you a letter to receive your portion of the money from the bank. This is my personal money and Does not need Many formal procedures, Some Beneficiaries-have received theirs. My only terms Is That You be good to others too, that's all.

As I wait for your response, I wish you a wonderful day.

Faithfully,

Françoise Bettencourt Meyers"

• October 23, 2019 at 12:02 AM by an anonymous user from California, United States

I’m Luana and received this e-mail. Good to know it's a scam!

• October 22, 2019 at 12:45 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: de MONTCHENU Marie <Marie.deMONTCHENU@bourbon-online.com>

Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 5:29 PM

To: de MONTCHENU Marie <Marie.deMONTCHENU@bourbon-online.com>

Subject: RE: FROM LINKEDIN

I have a donation of $3.5M for you

contact me with my email: lilianemy12@gmail.com for more explanation.

Sincerely,

Mrs Meyers."

• October 15, 2019 at 2:07 PM by info

"From: "W. Brian Altano" <baltano@bergen.edu>

Date: October 15, 2019 at 8:52:00 AM EDT

To: "W. Brian Altano" <baltano@bergen.edu>

Subject: RE: FROM LINKEDIN

I have a donation for you

contact me with my email: mysfrbt0098@gmail.com for more explanation.

Sincerely,

Mrs Meyers."

Here is another scam.

• October 9, 2019 at 9:42 AM by an anonymous user from Killeen, Texas, United States

His name is kelvin Moore a UK diplomat for the Francios Meyers Bettencourt scam and Texas residents to deliver money in two sealed strong boxes, but he has to have your information first before delivering it, it's a setup

• October 9, 2019 at 8:29 AM by an anonymous user from Killeen, Texas, United States

I called the police dept of the agent Kelvin Moore who is the agent of the moneys to be delivered on Francois Meyers Bettencourt scam and I reported it to killeen police dept of texas, he is in a few other state also.

• October 7, 2019 at 7:34 PM by an anonymous user from Killeen, Texas, United States

it's to bad they scam poor folk, they ought to be paying us for letting us see their scams and tricking us for scamming our emails especially

• October 9, 2019 at 8:35 AM by an anonymous user from Killeen, Texas, United States

kelvin Moore diplomat of the deliverer of these moneys of the Francis Meyers Bettencourt scams in killeen Texas, he calls himself an agent, it has been reported

• October 7, 2019 at 5:49 PM by an anonymous user from Killeen, Texas, United States

I received an email saying I 've donated 3.5m, was this a scam?

• October 7, 2019 at 6:01 PM by info

Yes, it is a scam.

• October 7, 2019 at 8:21 AM by an anonymous user from Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Here is another scam:

"NIC Bank Plc

5 Willow Parade, Meadfield Road

Langley, SL3 8HN

United Kingdom

Direct Phone : 44-741 834 9657

Attention Our Esteemed Customer

You are welcome to our bank and we hope to give you the best of our quality service. Do note that your amount deposited by Françoise Bettencourt Meyers is ready for transfer to your account so you are hereby required to co-operate with us to enable us give you a hitch free remittance of your donation funds of 3.5Million USD

However,due to international rules for funds transfer greater than 500,000 USD ,we are mandated by our bank head office and other financial Monitory Authorities to opt for a procedure of issuing a debit card for a transit account that will be set up by you online and the debit card will be posted to you.Kindly understand that the debit card will have a balance of 3.5Million USD and a daily withdrawal limit of 100,000 USD (Because the debit card is a special debit card ).

Furthermore,you are advise to fill the bank account/ATM Issuing Application form that will enable us set up an online bank account for you which is needed in the process of issuing your SPECIAL DEBIT CARD.Kindly fill the form and send it back to us as soon as possible.

DEBIT CARD APPLICATION FORM

YOUR FULL NAME :

ADDRESS :

NEXT OF KIN :

PHONE NUMBER :

AGE :

CITY :

STATE :

OCCUPATION :

ANNUAL SALARY :

Your urgent reply will be appreciated.

Regards,

Dr David Owen

Officer/Director of Accounts Operations Office/wire transfer Department

Nationwide Bank Plc.

. . ."

• October 7, 2019 at 5:04 PM by an anonymous user from Killeen, Texas, United States

yes, I received an email, was I scammed, of 3. 5 mil or is this a truthful fact

• September 28, 2019 at 11:22 AM by info

"From: ARRONDEAU Christine <christine.arrondeau@sorbonne-universite.fr>

Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:06:23 PM

To: ARRONDEAU Christine <christine.arrondeau@sorbonne-universite.fr>

Subject: RE:FYI LINKEDIN

I have a donation of $3.5M for you

contact me with my email: meyersfranc204@gmail.com for more explanation.

Sincerely ,

Mrs Meyers."

Here is another scam.

• August 30, 2019 at 2:59 PM by info

"From: Françoise Bettencourt Meyers - mysfrbt0098@gmail.com

Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 5:09 PM

Subject: Re:

Full Name:

Contact Address:

Age:

Occupation:

Phone Number:

Country

As I wait for your response, I wish you a wonderful day.

Faithfully,

Françoise Bettencourt Meyers"

Here is another scam.

• September 2, 2019 at 3:06 PM by an anonymous user from Los Angeles, California, United States

I got the same letter on the same date, but I did not send money... God help us...

• August 30, 2019 at 5:30 AM by info

"From: Françoise Bettencourt Meyers <mysfrbt0098@gmail.com>

Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2019 10:18 PM

Subject: Re: Re:

Hello

How are you doing? I have already issued a letter of authority to my finance firm regarding us appointing you as our beneficiary and you are now the sole and sole beneficiary to this fund totaling $3,500,000.00 USD for you and your family. As i told you in my previous email, I said we prayed and searched over the internet for assistance because I saw your profile on Microsoft email owners list and picked you. sometimes it will be difficult for me to be on the Internet and send messages to you but do send me messages any time and my prayer and blessings is with you and also as soon as the funds get to you please let me know.

The contact details and email of our finance firm is below and you have to contact them immediately via email "info@nicbk.co.uk" you can also reach the bank via phone as i have already issued the authority to them and they will be expecting to hear from you so that they can arrange on how the funds will be transferred to your personal account. You have to provide them with every assistance the bank will need to effect the transfer to enable the funds released to you without delay. I want you to contact the finance firm stating only my deposit File No: Reference: NWB/JH2012/28392/US and your full name..... for easy trace of my file.

Below is the bank contact details :

Bank Name: NIC BANK PLC

Contact Person: Dr David Owen

Chief Financial Officer/Director of Accounts Operations Office

DIRECT LINE: 44-741 834 9657

Email: info@nicbk.co.uk"

Here is another scam.

• August 9, 2019 at 2:13 AM by an anonymous user from Newark, New Jersey, United States

RAMANUJAN, Kumar <kumar.menon@apl.com>

Thu 8/8/2019 10:14 PM

scam will never stop, they keep going. BE SAFE

• July 27, 2019 at 11:24 PM by an anonymous user from Newark, New Jersey, United States

I have received a letter like this and am suppose to give my full name and phone number and agent diplomat Kelvin Moore is to call and set up a way to meet with me on Monday, July 29 2019. I am so glad I looked this up thank you

• July 27, 2019 at 11:43 AM by info

"From: Françoise Bettencourt Meyers <lilianemy12@gmail.com>

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 8:18:30 AM

Subject: Re: Donation.

Hello

The contact details and email of our finance firm is below and you have to contact them immediately via email "infofundstransferdpt@nationwdb.co.uk" you can also reach the bank via phone as i have already issued the authority to them and they will be expecting to hear from you so that they can arrange on how the funds will be transferred to your personal account. You have to provide them with every assistance the bank will need to effect the transfer to enable the funds released to you without delay. I want you to contact the finance firm stating only my deposit File No: Reference: NWB/JH2012/28392/US and your full name..... for easy trace of my file.

Below is the bank contact details :

Bank Name: NATIONWIDE BANK PLC

Contact Person: Mr. ANDREA PERLEZ

Chief Financial Officer/Director of Accounts Operations Office

DIRECT LINE: 44-117-325-6456

Email: nationswidebank.customertransferdpt42@mail.com"

Here is another scam.

• July 31, 2019 at 12:23 PM by an anonymous user from Oak Park, Illinois, United States

I received the same email

• July 11, 2019 at 3:20 PM by info

"From: Rawat, Vandana <vandana.rawat@apl.com>

Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019, 01:01:41 AM PDT

Subject: Re

A donation was made to you by Mrs. Françoise Bettencourt Meyers Contact ( fbettencourt07@gmail.com ) For More details ..."

Here is another scam.

• June 6, 2019 at 8:18 AM by info

Here is another scam:

-------- Original message --------

From: Françoise Bettencourt Meyers <lilianemy12@gmail.com>

Date: 6/5/19 16:10 (GMT-05:00)

Subject: Re: $3.5M

Full Name:

Contact Address:

Age:

Occupation:

Phone Number:

Country

As I wait for your response, I wish you a wonderful day.

Faithfully,

Françoise Bettencourt Meyers

• July 27, 2019 at 9:49 PM by an anonymous user from Walbridge, Ohio, United States

I got this one too...

• April 21, 2019 at 8:51 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: Kimberly Callahan <Kimberly.Callahan@jevshireability.org>

Date: April 19, 2019 at 6:00:16 PM MDT

To: Kimberly Callahan <Kimberly.Callahan@jevshireability.org>

Subject: RE: Gift

A gift was made to you by Mrs. Françoise Bettencourt Meyers, contact (franc.bettencourtmeyers@gmail.com) for more info."

• April 17, 2019 at 9:15 AM by an anonymous user from London, England, United Kingdom

I have just had one of these.

Sender Dan Hoffman <Dan.Hoffman@nahealth.com>