The biggest shopping day of the year is almost here and scammers have started sending out phishing text messages to potential victims in order to take advantage of this big annual shopping event. Therefore, online shoppers are asked to beware of fake text messages like the ones below, which are an attempt by scammers to steal their online account credentials, personal and financial information. The text message scams will claim potential victims have won iPhones, Macbooks, gift cards, and vouchers.
Amazon Black Friday Winner Text Message Scams
"You have it! You won an iPhone 11 Pro!" the page says after you play the game. Then it tells you "Click on 'OK' to visit our sponsors page" and "Enter your address and pay $1 shipping to get your iPhone 11 Pro."
"You have won on Amazon Prime Day. Congratulations on this outstanding achievement. You have won a MacBook Pro. Click here to collect your reward: www.cxzhj.info/azIHqxTVoj."
How Protect Yourself this Black Friday
- Amazon will never ask for your personal information, or ask you to make a payment outside of our website (e.g. via bank transfer, e-mailing credit card details, etc.) and will never ask for remote access to your device e.g. by asking you to install an app.
- Amazon will never ask for personal information to be supplied by e-mail.
- Amazon will never request to update payment information that is not linked to an Amazon order you placed or an Amazon service you subscribed to.
- Amazon will never ask for payment or offer you a refund you do not expect.
- Amazon will never ask you to make a payment outside of our website (e.g. via bank transfer, e-mailing credit card details, sharing gift card details over the phone, etc.)
- Amazon will never ask you for remote access to your device e.g. by asking you to install an app.
- Scam texts will often say there is a problem with your account, ask you for sensitive information like passwords, or state that you are owed a refund.
- Amazon will never ask for your password or personal information by text Message.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review