UK_GOV Text Scam - Fake SMS Sent by Scammers
Cybercriminals are preying on fears of the coronavirus by sending text scam messages with links to phishing websites that steal account credentials, personal and financial information. Text scams are usually short and simple, and often claim to be from a known entity.
UK_GOV Text Scam Samples
A UK_GOV Genuine Text
Genuine text messages from the UK Government will only come UK_Gov and the links in them will only redirect you to gov.uk/coronavirus. If you have clicked on a link in a text that appears to be from UK_GOV and you are taken to a website other than gov.uk, it means the text is a scam.
How to Verify a UK_GOV Text
- Only check gov.uk to verify the authenticity of a UK_GOV text message
- Be wary of text messages that try to get you to send money or important personal information such as bank details or passwords.
- Take a moment to stop and think before parting with information to keep you safe or your money.
- Use official government websites and refer to the "Contact us" sections of websites to access information and services.
Handling UK_GOV Text Scams
- Do not respond
- Report the SMS Scam to Action Fraud
- Forward the mssage to 7726("SPAM" on a keypad)
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review