Digicel Promotion Text Message Scams - November 2013
Would you share this Article with others? +
Digicel has this to say about the scams:
Digicel is aware that some of our customers have received text messages from scammers claiming they have won $80,000 and that they must dial a particular number to claim this prize. Please DO NOT CALL the number in the text message as this is NOT a legitimate promotion.
Help Digicel stop these scams by providing them with the information below on their Facebook page:
- Your mobile number:
- The number you received the message from:
- Was this a voice or text message?:
- What was the content of the text?:
- Time you received the message:
- Remember that Digicel will only contact you using the number 619-5000 or texts from 400.
Here are some of the text messages or SMS that persons have received:
- congratulation you have win 5000$ call free this number 0037080803209 immediately.
- We have an important message for you to know it call this number 002392204654 free
- We have an important message for you to know it call this number 002392202955 free
- Digicel Urgent:if you don t call now you will lose your 80000 $,it s your last chance to have your check
- call now for free on this number 002392204078
- We have an important message for you to know it call this number 002392202948 free
- DIGICEL URGENT. PLEASE CALL TO COLLECT YOUR CHECK AND YOUR 80000 Euro for free.
- Congratulations, but if you don't claim your prize immediately it will be given to another person call free 002392204658.
PLEASE NOTE that Digicel will only contact you from 619-5000, 380-0057, 619-1525 or SMS from 400, 137 and 142 regarding Digicel’s promotions.
Note: Some of the names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or other information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Check the comment section below for additional information and share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below.
Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To help protect your privacy, please do not post or remove, your full name, telephone number, email address, username, password, account number, credit card information, home address or other sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. Also, remember to keep comments, reviews, answers respectful.
Show More Comments (3)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Write your comment, question, answer, or review in the box below to share what you know or to get answers. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.