Malicious "Facebook Support Services Manager Notification" Emails
The Malicious "Facebook Support Services Manager Notification" Emails
The emails have the following subjects and text:
- You have a new message from Support Services Manager
- Your profile has been updated
- You have a new message from Technical Support
- Your profile can not be used
The link in the e-mail message will take you to this website address hxxp:// 18.104.22.168/, on the web page "~wh610/anticipations.html?uid=", where the Trojan horse is located.
If you want to know where a link will take you, do the following:
- Hover your mouse over the link
- Your web browser will display the web address the link will take you to in the Status bar. The Status bar is located at the bottom of your web browser window
If you receive any Facebook notification, you can safely go to Facebook.com and view them from there, instead of, clicking the links in these e-mail messages.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.
Recommendations / Ads