Movie Boss at www.movie-boss.com - it is a Fraudulent Website

Movie Boss at www.movie-boss.com - it is a Fraudulent Website

Would you share this Article with others?

The website "www.movie-boss.com" is a fraudulent one. The website, which claims it lets you use your phone, tablet or PC to watch incredible movies from all over the world, is similar to other fraudulent online movie streaming websites. Online users who have used their credit cards on the fraudulent website, run the risk of their cards being fraudulently charged for undetermined amounts, even when they have canceled their subscriptions. Therefore, do not even think about contacting their customer support or service.

www.movie-boss.com - The Fraudulent Website

www.movie-boss.com

WATCH YOUR MOVIES ANYTIME & ANYWHERE!

Smartphone, tablet, laptop? It is up to you where you want to watch your movies. We provide you with our selected collection of indie movies on any device you want!

register.movie-boss.com

www.silverscreen-za.sendmeyourpast.com

I have tried the website and it keeps charging my credit card, even though I have canceled my subscription before the trial period ended. And, the website doesn't have some movies, books, games, software, and music it has advertised. I think this is another trick used to lure potential victims to the website.

Online users who have already subscribed to services on www.movie-boss.com are asked to contact their credit card company or bank for help to prevent the fraudulent website from fraudulently charging their credit cards, or refund their money if their cards were already charged.

Please share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. Check the comment section below for additional information, if there is any. Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: info@onlinethreatalerts.com. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search engine.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

The comments, reviews or answers below do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts.

• September 2, 2019 at 11:54 PM by an anonymous user from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

My name is Noel at n.campbell42@bigpond .com some how you have me signed up for visa-Movi-Tonight-com sao of which I have never heard of.

You have been charging me $85.09 for the last two months I do not watch movies. I don’t like them they are a waste of my time in my opinion. So please take me off your records and please return my money to the account you took it from which is $107.18.

I am a retired old aged pensioner and cannot afford that money for something I don’t use .thank you .

• November 18, 2019 at 12:52 PM by an anonymous user from Long Beach, Washington, United States

How did you get in contact with them? I keep getting things charged to my account.

• August 12, 2019 at 2:35 AM by an anonymous user from London, England, United Kingdom

Why are they still allowed to advertise online?

• June 3, 2019 at 8:49 AM by an anonymous user from Constan?a, Romania

The ad that led me to them said they're cheaper than Netflix. I pay around 10 euros for Netflix, and movieboss was asking 50 euros. Enough to see that they are a scam. And, if you say they don't even have that many movies to choose from...no comment. They probably hide their real address so people can't find them and rip them a new one :)))

• April 16, 2019 at 4:07 AM by an anonymous user from London, England, United Kingdom

Movie-Boss again have taken money using card details of my husband and email details of myself. They have said they will pay back money but seeing reviews it seems unlikely.

Ban say this is not fraudulent, where do we go from here. I have definitely not signed up for movies etc as I never watch them.

Help. Is this a matter for the police.

• May 18, 2019 at 12:46 PM by an anonymous user from Aldershot, England, United Kingdom

Call your bank and cancel your card!

• April 16, 2019 at 6:09 AM by info

Open a dispute with your bank to have your money refunded. Then cancel your card and get a new one to prevent further unwanted charges.

• April 8, 2019 at 6:09 PM by an anonymous user from Shaw, England, United Kingdom

This company has taken money from my account and told me that they will refund it within 10 days. They have been telling me that story since February and it is now April. As far as I can see they have no intention of refunding it. When I called them they said to get the money back from the bank. Does this mean that they have got away with all these peoples money with no repercussion?

• March 1, 2019 at 12:45 AM by an anonymous user from Canberra, Australia

Hi, everyone be careful of this fraudulent website called MovieBoss. Below is what they wrote on their website. Do not sign up with them. I believe they are a scammer.

"Streaming giant Netflix has lost thousands of users from undefined this week due to a competitor service that has just been released and is free for life to people in undefined.

The new service is called MovieBoss and it provides a streaming service identical to Netflix but with a lot extra. It's reportedly much faster, cleaner and has more to stream than Netflix and currently they are giving free lifetime access to the first 5000 people although we heard they are coming pretty close to this number already. With a near unlimited selection of HD movies and TV series that play with amazing quality and load with blazing speeds on all sources of playback, it's no wonder that thousands have already switched over since MovieBoss's release 3 weeks ago.

We have been told by MovieBoss that the last day to sign up for free is 1 March, 2019

If you are currently paying for Netflix, it's probably a good idea to try out MovieBoss before it's too late, once this promotion is gone, it's gone."

• January 30, 2019 at 10:18 PM by an anonymous user from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am being constantly contacted by this and similar website users it is becomeing painfully annoying.

Am I the only one.

• January 8, 2019 at 9:10 AM by an anonymous user from Managua, Nicaragua

Yes, it is very strange. I do not know how they steal from me if the only thing I pay with my card is Netflix and in supermarkets.

• January 8, 2019 at 9:08 AM by an anonymous user from Managua, Nicaragua

It is very true that someone from Brazil stole from December 27 and 28 and January 1, 2019

• December 18, 2018 at 6:34 PM by an anonymous user from Bundoora, Victoria, Australia

How do I stop these theives, they are attacking my credit card each month!

• December 18, 2018 at 6:53 PM by info

Open a dispute with your bank to have your money refunded. Then, cancel your card and get a new one.

• December 8, 2018 at 3:12 AM by an anonymous user from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I did ring, put in my Debit card details, which is different to a credit card, it said that the server could not be contacted and to try again later, do u think I'm still at risk.?.

• December 8, 2018 at 5:07 AM by info

Yes, because they have your card information and can attempt to charge it else where. Call your bank and let them advise you.

• December 6, 2018 at 8:35 AM by an anonymous user from Brentford, England, United Kingdom

I have also been conned by this company even after cancelling my subscription they are still charging me. I will be contacting my bank yet again!

• December 2, 2018 at 6:00 AM by an anonymous user from Kuwait City, Al Asimah, Kuwait

I have also been effected or infected by this company, I do not know how they got my information or details as I do not watch movies online, today I was deducted 50 euros so immediately alarm bells go off as I am careful about payments not authorized by me and here in Kuwait is a tight control on transactions, I went on line to find this is a scam

I have contacted my credit card company as fortunately this is the first charge I have had and will have this company blocked on my card but for other people who have been taken

Contact your bank and credit card company and give all details for them to get with the fraud department; be patient it can be a long process

• November 27, 2018 at 8:58 PM by an anonymous user from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Not even sure how I was connected to this site.

Could not see how to cancel subscription.

Noticed charges of almost A$80 per month for the last 4 months.

Went to the bank to cancel our credit card and they will try to get a refund of these 4 charges made.

the web site does not do anything but demand you click on the link to have a Free Trial then and the end of that period you are automatically charged a monthly fee to view.

Hope the bank can sort it out. I am not interested at all and do not know how it all started.

cheers,

• November 26, 2018 at 3:57 PM by an anonymous user from Flint, Michigan, United States

Https://phenomenal-news.com

This is what I saw on my FB page, they redirect you to media-vex or media leap, which is an online book streaming, & music service, at least that what page shows.

• November 25, 2018 at 10:03 PM by an anonymous user from St. Johns, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

So far I've had 31 cents taken from me by them and I couldn't even watch the show I had been lured to them by.

I get debited between 1.50 and 1.60 and then and credited back 10 cents less cuz of a fluctuation in the Canadian dollar from over night.

• November 25, 2018 at 10:11 AM by an anonymous user from Newcastle, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

I also have a credit done on my account. Is there a way to get your money refunded?

• November 25, 2018 at 1:10 PM by info

Open a dispute with your bank to have your money refunded.

• November 24, 2018 at 5:01 PM by an anonymous user from Buffalo, New York, United States

Is there a way to cancel movie-boss.com. I checked my Mastercard and found 2 charges for $1.00 2 times and a third charge for $49.99. The charge was today November 23.

J.L.Evans

• November 24, 2018 at 5:32 PM by info

No, you cannot trust them. Therefore, dispute the charges with your bank to have your money refunded. Then cancel your card and get a new one.

• November 17, 2018 at 5:24 PM by an anonymous user from Kialla, Victoria, Australia

I was hacked and found myself being charged by movie-boss for subscription that i never signed ip for.

E-mailed support live and with in minutes was cancelled and refunded. Hope it works

• November 13, 2018 at 6:23 PM by an anonymous user from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I haven’t purchased or been any where near this site but had $79 taken from my bank account. Contacted the bank immediately to deal with the transaction as theft.

• November 12, 2018 at 6:06 AM by an anonymous user from Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

HI, I was just scammed. I checked out the site and I was given a free trail period. I was told that I would be notified of my expiration date.

I totally frogot about this I didnt even attempt to use it and all of a sudden, boooom, over R800 out of my bank accout.

Gow do I stop this, can anyone assist me please.

• November 12, 2018 at 6:14 AM by info

Open dispute your bank to have your money refunded. Then, cancel your credit card and get a new one.

• November 7, 2018 at 5:15 PM by an anonymous user from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Hello I was just ripped off by movie boss. I did not even enter into any deal. I had a look at the options for deals. Then exited, today I checked my account and a charge of 79.00 came out.

It was the highest fee charged. I would have taken the lowest rate. Contact bank lodge complaint but need to cancel card. Thanks for the info very handy. Shall update on outcomes.

• October 27, 2018 at 6:31 AM by an anonymous user from Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

I was also robbed by the support movie boss com sau Paolo; never used the site and amount of R 841.44 was taken from my account; why are these people so cruel?

• October 20, 2018 at 5:24 PM by an anonymous user from Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

I just opened up one of my bank accounts and noticed that $81.45 has been taken out of it by someone or some company called ‘SUPPORT-BOSS.COM SAO PAUL’..... never heard of them before, haven’t been on their site, etc, etc, yet my money was taken out at 12.00am yesterday... when I was asleep.

So as could gather, I’m not very happy about it at all and will be going to my bank ASAP tomorrow morning, closing my account and try and get my money back somehow?

Bloody scamming a*seholes!

I’d like to know how they hacked my account, the b*stards?

Not Happy Marcus!

• October 20, 2018 at 3:34 PM by an anonymous user from Brecksville, Ohio, United States

I can't believe that Facebook doesn't investigate these services before posting them; we put our trust in them and there continuing to put us at risk.

I've decided to cancel Facebook account, we the public can no longer put our trust in Facebook.

• October 18, 2018 at 12:29 PM by an anonymous user from Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I saw this on facebook.. it's facebook advertising fraudulent stuff now?

• October 15, 2018 at 9:26 PM by an anonymous user from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

They are currently advertising on FaceBook! Can FaceBook stop this false advertising?

• October 15, 2018 at 6:17 PM by an anonymous user from Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I have had $82.35 stolen from my account by movie boss on 15.10.18.

I don't even know who these people are and also would like my money back and no further amounts taken from my account. I am reporting this to my bank immediately.

Thanks Vicki

• October 8, 2018 at 12:32 PM by info

Received via email:

"Hi I'm wondering how to get my money back that movie boss.com has stolen from my bank account on 8th October without my permission. I have just noticed the transaction and have no idea what movie boss.com is or even want to know and want my money back immediately. Can you please help me get my money back or tell me what I can do to get it back as it has now made my bank account overdrawn $73. I have added a screen shot of the transaction from my bank account also.

Regards Lisa"

• October 3, 2018 at 8:12 AM by an anonymous user from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I have just signed up for movie boss and then found out it is fraudulent and now I want to know how to cancel

• November 24, 2018 at 10:25 AM by an anonymous user from Hatfield, England, United Kingdom

I had the same thing. I phoned my bank and they cancelled the transition and sent me a new card.

• October 3, 2018 at 5:02 AM by an anonymous user from Killara, New South Wales, Australia

I was told I had won a brand new tv all I had to do was open a 14 day free account to watch movies on the tv in question with movie boss they got my bank details before I got the tv that won't happen again; $25.00 missing from my bank.

• September 28, 2018 at 8:59 AM by an anonymous user from Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Just noticed a transaction on my bank account, and they took $83.05, never been on this site, I then scanned the rest of my acc and noticed another transaction but was only a couple of $$ had to cancel my card and it’s a long weekend 😔 scammers ALERT. Not happy!

• September 17, 2018 at 3:22 PM by an anonymous user from Managua, Departamento de Managua, Nicaragua

Hello,

I'm from Nicaragua. Irealize that my money submited my debit card i am a fraud victim.

I do not want to lose my money, can anybody help me.

• September 17, 2018 at 4:31 PM by info

Open a dispute with your bank to have your money refunded.

• September 16, 2018 at 7:05 PM by an anonymous user from Pyrmont, New South Wales, Australia

This website has totally ripped me off. I haven't even accessed their website. I've had to spend 2 hours on the phone to the bank and cancel all my cards.

• September 12, 2018 at 5:27 PM by an anonymous user from Somersby, New South Wales, Australia

Just had to cancel my cards as these people charged $85 to my credit card and I've never even been on their website!

• September 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM by an anonymous user from Aspley, Queensland, Australia

Movieboss.com somehow managed to get a hold of my card details and took $80, I’m in the process of disputing the transaction with my bank, had to cancel my card, and wait for resolution from the bank!

• August 31, 2018 at 1:04 AM by an anonymous user from Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Thanks, was signing up until they asked for my credit card thought suspicious and was right

• August 30, 2018 at 10:12 AM by an anonymous user from Yagoona, New South Wales, Australia

Well I'm here due to being charged some ridiculous amount of money by Movie Boss Com and having zero clue to as to who or what it was.

My card has been cancelled today, and fraud investigation initiated to retrieve my money.

So double whammy! Someone hacked me, to not only steal my money, but they paid a fraudulant 'company' with it.

• September 5, 2018 at 1:05 PM by an anonymous user from Aspley, Queensland, Australia

The same thing happened to me, they got me for $80, and I noticed the charge immediately, as I’ve never used this site, and I reported it the next morning, and cancelled the card.

Still waiting on my money back from NAB though, takes forever to sort out.

• August 25, 2018 at 5:55 PM by an anonymous user from Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

Before trusting anyone with my credit card details, I do a simple check on the internet by searching for "is xyz a scam", where "xyz" is the party or website asking for my details. 100% of the time, I have been able to ascertain if I am at high risk or not. In this case, finding out on this site that movie-boss.com is a fraud - i.e FINDING OUT ABOUT THE SCAM IN THE FIRST PLACE I LOOKED!

I don't understand how people are willing to trust any unknown party with their credit card details - or other personal information without doing some ELEMENTARY checking. This is not rocket science. It's so easy to say that a fool and his money are soon parted, but these victims can't ALL be fools, can they - so how do they get caught?

• September 18, 2018 at 12:09 AM by an anonymous user from Boondall, Queensland, Australia

Most of us didnt know they existed and have just been hacked...

I also havnt been on their site or no nothing of them n they got me.

My bank want to charge me $35.00-$80.00 for the dispute but I got ripped of for $84.05, its not worth it, the paperwork for me to dispute it

• September 5, 2018 at 1:07 PM by an anonymous user from Aspley, Queensland, Australia

Some fool stole my CC details and spent money out of my account on this site, so I’ll thank you to not assume I’m an idiot.

• August 25, 2018 at 5:52 PM by an anonymous user from Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

Before trusting anyone with my credit card details, I do a simple check on the internet by searching for "is <website> a scam", where <website> is the party asking for my details. 100% of the time, I have been able to ascertain if I am at risk or not. In this case, finding out on this site that movie-boss.com is a fraud - i.e FINDING OUT ABOUT THE SCAM IN THE FIRST PLACE I LOOKED!

I don't understand how people are willing to trust any unknown party with their credit card details - or other personal information without doing some ELEMENTARY checking. This is not rocket science. It's so easy to say that a fool and his money is soon parted, but these victims can't ALL be fools, can they - so how do they get caught?

• August 24, 2018 at 2:20 AM by an anonymous user from Hong Kong (Un Chau), Central and Western, Hong Kong

I’m the same I’ve never heard of them before until I went to my online bank to find that they took $79:95 from my account.

Now I’m only on a disability pension so to me that is a lot of money, what am I supposed to do? Please help me.

• August 17, 2018 at 11:55 AM by an anonymous user from Rosehill, New South Wales, Australia

I have been caught by movie boss too...they hit me with the $81 ... I never signed up for an account but somehow they were able to gain access to my account details.

I have contacted the bank and cancelled my card...but how can I have the money returned to mt account?.. bank said VISA may be able to chase the company but they weren't sure what to do with the situation.

Please...any advice would really help.

• August 16, 2018 at 7:17 PM by an anonymous user from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Gary in Sydney Australia

Just had AUD 81.15 charged to my account.

In the process of cancelling the card and having the bank refund the lot.

I've never heard of Movie Boss Com Sao Paulo

• August 16, 2018 at 7:00 PM by an anonymous user from Albert Park, Victoria, Australia

I have never even signed up to this website but somehow they have just taken $77 out of my account has anyone got a contact number for this site?

• August 16, 2018 at 5:34 AM by an anonymous user from Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

I also just had R892.92 taken from my account by movie boss. busy cancelling my card now.

• August 15, 2018 at 3:10 PM by an anonymous user from Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Just caught the scam in time, Movie-Boss.com offered me a free membership.ending today.

It asked for my credit card details for verification of who I was, the 1st card came back with Verification error so I tried another card giving card No. expiry date and code at the back of card.

The second card also came back with Verification error.

It didnt feel right so I searched Movie-boss.com its a fraudulent site - Steer clear.

I immmediately cancelled both cards, just as well as my bank contacted me to say that Movie-boss.com had tried to take £20 from one of my cards.

BE WARNED!

• August 13, 2018 at 8:00 PM by an anonymous user from Modbury, South Australia, Australia

I have been charged with an amount of arounnd $80 by this website and have had nothing whatsoever to do with them. I have requested a refund but have not recieved any todate.

• September 3, 2018 at 7:37 PM by an anonymous user from City of Saint Peters, Missouri, United States

How did they get your c.c. info. if you never gave it to them?

• September 5, 2018 at 1:09 PM by an anonymous user from Aspley, Queensland, Australia

They also got me for $80, and I never gave them my details either buddy! Looks like a sophisticated scam artist at work maybe?

• August 11, 2018 at 3:24 PM by an anonymous user from Howell, Michigan, United States

This movie boss scam is one to avoid . I have to get a new credit card now because of them . They won’t tell you but will charge you a ridiculous $ 48.00 for nothing no account number ,no password nothing but bulls**t from scammers.

• August 7, 2018 at 2:07 AM by an anonymous user from Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

How do you cancel/stop it then?

• August 7, 2018 at 4:08 AM by info

Cancel your credit card and get a new one.

• August 5, 2018 at 8:11 PM by an anonymous user from Bli Bli, Queensland, Australia

I can’t find out how to cancel my subscription. I have never used it. I don’t even know how to log on.

• August 5, 2018 at 12:29 PM by an anonymous user from Montevideo, Departamento de Montevideo, Uruguay

Hello, how do I cancel the subscription of that page? I do not find how to do it.

Thank you.

• August 5, 2018 at 1:32 PM by info

You cannot trust them to cancel, so contact your bank to have your money refunded and cancel your credit card and get a new one to prevent future transactions.

• August 3, 2018 at 12:12 AM by an anonymous user from Cremorne, Victoria, Australia

How do you cancel subscriptions I can’t find anywhere to do do

• July 27, 2018 at 5:20 AM by an anonymous user from Blackburn, Victoria, Australia

Interesting to see that Woolworths state that in order to receive a Samsung Tv in one of their “promotions”, you have to sign up to a free Stan account, which, when you access the page, defaults to MovieBoss.

Needless to say I did not proceed. That Woolies should be involved with theses people is outrageous

• July 19, 2018 at 8:39 AM by an anonymous user from Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom

Correct, if it sounds to good to be true, it’s not worth it. I was going to give it a try but not now

• July 16, 2018 at 5:10 AM by an anonymous user from Perth, Western Australia, Australia

thanks for the info on movieboss. I was thinking of trying it out but not now.

• July 16, 2018 at 2:42 PM by an anonymous user from Irlam, England, United Kingdom

Will cancel credit card

• July 15, 2018 at 11:34 AM by an anonymous user from Alajuela, Costa Rica

I received a rejection of money from LELIE TECHNOLOGY DO BR SAO PAULO BRA. I would like to know what it is. I have never heard from you. and other recesses of WWW.BACKHANDER.CC SAO PAULO BRA which is emptying the account and I had to report it to the bank.

• July 12, 2018 at 11:45 PM by an anonymous user from Woolloongabba, Queensland, Australia

An email from them today:

Last year, STAN was voted as the best movie and television streaming service in Australia and now we would like to show our appreciation.

20 people have been selected to receive a sixty five inch Samsung Smart TV from us and you are one of them.

hxxps://tinyurl.com/y9nvz7z9

To get your new television you will need to follow the instructions on the link above.

When will your Samsung TV be delivered? It will not take long, you can expect the delivery in only two business days.

Will I be able to watch STAN on my new TV? Yes of course, STAN is compatible with all smart television sets, smartphones, tablets, and gaming systems."

• July 11, 2018 at 6:33 AM by an anonymous user from Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

Unfortunately, I got caught my Movie Boss. I cancelled my subscription after 3 days, but they debited my card by 50 euros! I am still unable to get through to anyone to cancel this subscription so have resorted to cancelling my credit card to avoid any other deductions. Absolute crooks!

Movie Boss at www.movie-boss.com - it is a Fraudulent Website