FixMeStick Support Scams and How to Protect Yourself
There are hundreds of "FixMeStick Support" scams being advertised online. Often when you search for "FixMeStick" there are fake support sites looking to scam you. If you’ve been scammed by these people, you're not alone. On average 1 in every 10 Americans have lost money in a cyber scam in the last year, these scams usually cost around $400, totaling $9.5 billion in the last 12 months.
One of the scams is "FixMeStick Repair Tool." It promises a smorgasbord of PC fixes. If you search for other security products, you’ll see similar results with the product name switched out.
How to Protect Against FixMeStick Support Scams
Here are 5 things you need to know about FixMeStick, which will help prevent you from becoming a victim of a FixMeStick scam:
- FixMeStick does not outsource customer support – everything from support to our warehouse is located in Montreal, Canada.
- FixMeStick’s domain will only ever be www.fixmestick.com and it will always be secured, so check for “https”. If you see anything else or any variation, you’re in the wrong place.
- FixMeStick does not install anything on to your computer. Everything runs off of the USB which is why you have to plug in the FixMeStick every time.
- FixMeStick’s support is always free. We will never charge your for additional cleaning. We offer a free, virus removal guarantee – if you think you still have a virus after running FixMeStick, contact us and we’ll manually remove it for free.
- FixMeStick doesn’t repair registry issues, though we can recommend a good partner product that does, it’s called System Mechanic.
- If you ever have questions about our services feel free to contact FixMeStick support via chat at www.fixmestick.com
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review