FixMeStick Support Scams and How to Protect Yourself
Would you share this Article with others? +
One of the scams is "FixMeStick Repair Tool." It promises a smorgasbord of PC fixes. If you search for other security products, you’ll see similar results with the product name switched out.
How to Protect Against FixMeStick Support Scams
Here are 5 things you need to know about FixMeStick, which will help prevent you from becoming a victim of a FixMeStick scam:
- FixMeStick does not outsource customer support – everything from support to our warehouse is located in Montreal, Canada.
- FixMeStick’s domain will only ever be www.fixmestick.com and it will always be secured, so check for “https”. If you see anything else or any variation, you’re in the wrong place.
- FixMeStick does not install anything on to your computer. Everything runs off of the USB which is why you have to plug in the FixMeStick every time.
- FixMeStick’s support is always free. We will never charge your for additional cleaning. We offer a free, virus removal guarantee – if you think you still have a virus after running FixMeStick, contact us and we’ll manually remove it for free.
- FixMeStick doesn’t repair registry issues, though we can recommend a good partner product that does, it’s called System Mechanic.
- If you ever have questions about our services feel free to contact FixMeStick support via chat at www.fixmestick.com
Note: Some of the names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or other information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Check the comment section below for additional information and share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below.
Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To help protect your privacy, please do not post or remove, your full name, telephone number, email address, username, password, account number, credit card information, home address or other sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. Also, remember to keep comments, reviews, answers respectful.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Write your comment, question, answer, or review in the box below to share what you know or to get answers. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.