Social Security Scam Calls From Texas
The BBB has some tips to avoid falling victim to Social Security scams:
- The Social Security Administration will never call someone and ask for their Social Security number. If that happens, consumers should refuse to give out any personal information and just hang up.
- Don’t trust your caller ID: The internet has made it possible for scammers to use fake IDs when they call you, so it could appear to be a legitimate or local source.
- Contact the Social Security Administration: If you’re concerned about a call from someone claiming to be with the SSA, you can call the real SSA at (800) 772-1213.
- Never give personal information to unsolicited callers.
- Social Security Administration will never ask you to make payment with gift cards. If you are asked to do so, it is a scam.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Show More Comments (3)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.