Turn on/off Scam ID & Scam Block
Scam ID and Scam Block are free of charge with your T-Mobile postpaid plan. You can turn them on or off at any time. Scam ID is free and automatic for all T-Mobile customers; no action required.
There are a number of ways to turn on Scam Block:
- Download the free Scam Shield app and toggle on Scam Block
- Dial #662# from your T-Mobile device
- Log in to My T-Mobile or the T-Mobile app, where you'll see an option to turn on Scam Block
- Turn Scam Block on for your DIGITS numbers by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile device to speak to a mobile expert
- T-Mobile pre-paid customers can turn on Scam Block by dialing #436#, visiting a retail store, or contact us.
The FCC mandates that mobile carriers allow callers the ability to block their caller ID information and place anonymous calls. T-Mobile is obligated to honor the privacy of the caller in these circumstances. T-Mobile can't block anonymous calls or override the privacy choice of the caller, but you may choose not to accept them. To make an anonymous call yourself, dial *67 before dialing the number you are calling.
For more information about privacy and security, please see our Privacy Center.
Number Verified enhancement (STIR/SHAKEN)
- New FCC standards of STIR (Secure Telephony Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Secure Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) have been adapted to help fight scam callers industry-wide. T-Mobile’s implementation of these standards is known as “Number Verified.”
- As of January 7, 2019, T-Mobile was first to introduce Number Verified Enhancement between customers, a STIR/SHAKEN technology aimed at reducing spoofed calls to customers.
- If you have a Number Verified enabled device, you will see "Number Verified", “Caller Verified”, or “T-Mobile Verified” in caller ID or a checkmark in the call log on the phone screen when you receive a call that has been verified as authentic, not spoofed.
- Calls marked as verified have an on-screen display when a call has been verified. Non-verified calls or calls from customers of other mobile carriers continue to come in as not verified.
- T-Mobile is working with our phone manufacturers to provide customers with as much protection as possible, free of charge.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.
Recommendation / Advertisement