Turn on/off Scam ID & Scam Block
Scam ID and Scam Block are free of charge with your T-Mobile postpaid plan. You can turn them on or off at any time. Scam ID is free and automatic for all T-Mobile customers; no action required.
There are a number of ways to turn on Scam Block:
- Download the free Scam Shield app and toggle on Scam Block
- Dial #662# from your T-Mobile device
- Log in to My T-Mobile or the T-Mobile app, where you'll see an option to turn on Scam Block
- Turn Scam Block on for your DIGITS numbers by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile device to speak to a mobile expert
- T-Mobile pre-paid customers can turn on Scam Block by dialing #436#, visiting a retail store, or contact us.
The FCC mandates that mobile carriers allow callers the ability to block their caller ID information and place anonymous calls. T-Mobile is obligated to honor the privacy of the caller in these circumstances. T-Mobile can't block anonymous calls or override the privacy choice of the caller, but you may choose not to accept them. To make an anonymous call yourself, dial *67 before dialing the number you are calling.
For more information about privacy and security, please see our Privacy Center.
Number Verified enhancement (STIR/SHAKEN)
- New FCC standards of STIR (Secure Telephony Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Secure Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) have been adapted to help fight scam callers industry-wide. T-Mobile’s implementation of these standards is known as “Number Verified.”
- As of January 7, 2019, T-Mobile was first to introduce Number Verified Enhancement between customers, a STIR/SHAKEN technology aimed at reducing spoofed calls to customers.
- If you have a Number Verified enabled device, you will see "Number Verified", “Caller Verified”, or “T-Mobile Verified” in caller ID or a checkmark in the call log on the phone screen when you receive a call that has been verified as authentic, not spoofed.
- Calls marked as verified have an on-screen display when a call has been verified. Non-verified calls or calls from customers of other mobile carriers continue to come in as not verified.
- T-Mobile is working with our phone manufacturers to provide customers with as much protection as possible, free of charge.