The "Amazon Prime Membership has been Suspended" Scam
From: Amazon. com firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 03:47:05 PM EDT
Subject: © Your Amazon.com Prime Membership has been Suspended
Thank you for using Amazon Prime . As a result of incorrect billing/credit-card information related to your account We have to place a hold on your account, You may not be able to use this account until you validate your correct billing information. Kindly login to your account and update billing.
The Amazon Team
Login & Update My Billing
Amazon will never send you an unsolicited email that asks you to provide sensitive personal information like your social security number, tax ID, bank account number, credit card information, ID questions like your mother's maiden name or your password. If you receive a suspicious email, report it immediately.
Suspicious emails or webpages not from Amazon.com often contain:
- An order confirmation for an item you didn't purchase or an attachment to an order confirmation - Note: Go to Your Orders to see if there is an order that matches the details in the email. If it doesn't match an order in Your Account, the message isn't from Amazon.
- Requests for your Amazon.com username and/or password, or other personal information
- Requests to update payment information - Note: Go to Your Account and select Payment options. If you aren't prompted to update your payment method on that screen, the message isn't from Amazon.
- Links to websites that look like Amazon.com, but aren't Amazon
- Attachments or prompts to install software on your computer
- Typos or grammatical errors
- Forged email addresses to make it look like the email is coming from Amazon.com- Note: If the "from" line of the email contains an Internet Service Provider (ISP) other than @amazon.com, then it's a fraudulent email.
To determine if there is something wrong with your Amazon account, always go directly to www.amazon.com and sign-in. After signing in, if there is something wrong with your account, you will be notifed.