Carroll Law Firm Canada Scam Letter from Matthew Nicholas JD

Carroll Law Firm Canada Scam Letter from Matthew Nicholas JD

I received the letter below from Matthew Nicholas JD, who claims to be a partner at Carroll Law Firm, Canada. He said he is contacting me because of an unclaimed permanent life insurance policy held by their deceased client. The policy contained a "payable-on-death" (POD) savings monetary deposit of $13 million thirty thousand dollars.

The Carroll Law Firm Canada Scam Letter

The Carroll Law Firm Canada Scam Letter

Address: 388 Portage Ave Winnipeg MB R3C 0C7 Canada

Email: matt@carrollchambers.com; info@carrollchamberscom, mattnicholasesq@gmail.com

The letter claims the client died in an accident in Toronto, Canada nine years ago and nobody came forward to claim it, and all efforts to locate his relatives were unsuccessful. The policy further stipulates that insured permanent policies must be turned over to the abandoned property division after 10 yrs. So I should partner with them to claim the policy because we have the same last name and nationality as the deceased. And, 10% can be shared with charities, and the remaining 90% is split between us and it's 100% risk-free.

This is obviously a scam. I know this because other online users have received the same letter. And, scams like this, usually attempt to trick potential victims into sending the scammers their personal information and money, which the scammers will claim they need to do in order to receive their so-called life insurance payout. But, if the information and money are sent, the scammers will take it and disappear and the potential victims will not receive the money they were promised.

Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Was this article helpful?  +
Share this with others:
Donate

Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews

Comments (Total: 2)

To protect your privacy, please remove sensitive or identifiable information from your comments, questions, or reviews. We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.

Your post will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous post cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.

The comments, reviews or answers below do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

  • December 31, 2022 at 12:20 PM by an anonymous user from: Rochester, New York, United States

    Oops. I meant "mangled English"! And I *am* a native speaker of English as well as a professional writer! LOL

  • December 31, 2022 at 12:18 PM by an anonymous user from: Rochester, New York, United States

    My husband received the same scam fax at his place of business. Interestingly, the phone number for Matthew Nicholas on his fax is different from the one shown on your fax. On his, it's 1 204 410 1612.

    We also find the letter so obviously scammy because of the managed English, and certainly doesn't suggest it was written by either a native speaker of English or an attorney.

Comments Show More Comments (1)

Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review

Carroll Law Firm Canada Scam Letter from Matthew Nicholas JD