The Televisionfanatic Website
The Television Fanatic Toolbar
The Television Fanatic Toolbar (TelevisionFanatic.exe) was scanned at http://www.virustotal.com. "TelevisionFanatic.exe" is the installation file that you download and install on your computer.
Update (Nov. 9, 2012):
There is another website and filename: filmfanatic.mywebsearch.com and FilmFanatic.exe. Everything is the same, only the names have changed.
The Result of the Scan:
File size: 207.2 KB (212216 bytes)
File name: TelevisionFanatic.exe
File type: Win32 EXE
Analysis date: 2012-11-08 19:50:12 UTC
- Avast anti-virus software detected the adware Win32:FunWeb-J [PUP].
- AVG anti-virus software detected Zango
- Comodo anti-virus software detected the adware ApplicUnwnt.Win32.AdWare.FunWeb.DA
- Emsisoft anti-virus software detected Riskware.WebToolbar.Win32. MyWebSearch.AMN (A)
- ESET-NOD32 anti-virus software detected Win32/AdInstaller
- F-Prot anti-virus software detected W32/MyWeb.G
- Fortinet anti-virus software detected Riskware/MyWebSearch
- K7AntiVirus anti-virus software detected adware not-a-virus: WebToolbar.Win32. MyWebSearch.gen
- Kingsoft anti-virus software detected Win32.Troj.Generic.a.(kcloud)
- SUPERAntiSpyware anti-virus software detected PUP.AdInstaller
- Vipre anti-virus software detected MyWebSearch.J (v)
Based on the result of the scan, the Television Fanatic Toolbar will install adware, riskware and possibly a Trojan on your computer.
Other persons told me that it was almost impossible to get rid of this program, because it was installed all over their computers. Also, it is alleged that it will install a keylogger program on your computer; this is a program that captures your computer key strokes for the sole purpose of recording your password, credit card and other information.
The toolbar also makes Safari unstable on the Apple Macintosh (MAC). Safari may crash after using it for a few minutes.
How to remove Television Fanatic Toolbar from your computer?
You can use Spybot-Search and Destroy to remove Television Fanatic Toolbar and other programs it may have installed. Click here to download and install it. You may also use the AdwCleaner software to remove this malware. Click the following link for instructions: Remove Browser Hijacker with AdwCleaner.
How to uninstall Television Fanatic Toolbar for Safari users on a MAC?
- Open the Finder application and browse to Applications.
- Scroll down to Toolbars and click on Free TV Bar.
- Double-click on “Uninstall”.
- Fill in the “User name & Password” and click the OK button.
- If you still cannot uninstall the Television Fanatic Toolbar, do the following:
- Visit Television Fanatic Toolbar's download page and reinstall the toolbar.
- Restart your computer.
- Uninstall the toolbar again.
If you want to watch television online, there are websites out here which do not require the download of any program to watch movies. The only softwares that you are required to watch videos online are Macromedia Flash, Microsoft Silverlight and Java.
Please DO NOT download and install programs from any website that you are not familiar with or one that is not popular.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Show More Comments (6)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Recommendation / Advertisement