"Lotto Draw from NOC LiBya" National Oil Company Lottery Scam

Online users who have received email messages like the one below, which claim that they are winners in the "Lotto Draw from NOC LiBya," should delete the email messages, and should not follow the instructions in them. The fake email messages are being sent by lottery scammers who are attempting to trick potential victims into sending them money or personal information, by claiming they are winners in the National Oil Company (NOC) lottery.

Lotto Draw from NOC LiBya National Oil Company Lottery Scam

The "Lotto Draw from NOC LiBya" Lottery Scam

From: iftaq@play.pl
Date: 2017-03-07 23:14 GMT+07:00
Subject: Lotto Draw from NOC LiBya

Online users who have already sent their information to the lottery scammers, are asked to be careful next time, because the same lottery scammers or others will contact them in an attempt to scam them.

Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.

Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.

• May 26, 2019 at 4:49 PM by an anonymous user from: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda

What happens if I submitted my details already

• May 26, 2019 at 6:55 PM by info

Just be careful going forward because the scammers will contact you and attempt to trick you into sending them money or more information.

• September 12, 2018 at 1:51 AM by an anonymous user from: Kolonia, Pohnpei, Micronesia

Thanks just got one.

I was really about to believe in it

• October 21, 2017 at 3:38 PM by an anonymous user from: Abidjan, Cote dIvoire (Ivory Coast)

hello I am Kouame from the Ivory coast. I received a similar message but not the same signature dated February 13, 2017. I was not connected until yesterday. So what about my message and tell me this lottery really exists?

• October 21, 2017 at 3:46 PM by info

The lottery doesn't exist. The email is a lottery scam.

• October 3, 2017 at 3:48 AM by an anonymous user from: Jakarta Selatan, Jakarta, Indonesia

My friend got an email from NDC Abu Dhabi, UEA. Its also about lotto draw and she get US$97.000

How about that? I hope your fast respond. Thank you.

• October 3, 2017 at 4:22 AM by info

It is a fake or lottery scam.

• September 20, 2017 at 5:06 AM by an anonymous user from: Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

I got a similar one, again not addressed directly to me, supposedly from the National Drilling Company (though the email address it came from was completely different). Different names, but a number of spelling checker errors (different similar word not spotted by the scammer, so presumably English not their first language). Same return address of representative.com (with a different name).

I love the way the signature is signed in big fat felt pen, just like a child would do...

I rarely get spam these days as Google is so good at filtering. This one slipped through the net as there's no text in the email, just two .jpg images.

• October 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM by an anonymous user from: Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

True, I got the same email..from National Drilling Company.

• September 18, 2017 at 4:22 AM by an anonymous user from: Tampere, West and Inner Finland, Finland

I just received this, with another logo. Thank you for information

• September 14, 2017 at 3:30 PM by an anonymous user from: Sao Paulo, Brazil

I read this email right now. It's almost similar, but the company name was changed to "National Drilling Company". Tks to this site that warned me about the fishing attempt.

That's the frist time I've heard about this e-mail. My original language is brazilian Portuguese. Tks in advanced!

• September 22, 2017 at 1:34 PM by an anonymous user from: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I also read this email right now. It's almost similar, but the company name was changed to "National Drilling Company". Thanks to this site that warned me about the fishing attempt.

That's the first time I've heard about this e-mail. My original language is Brazilian Portuguese. Thanks in advance!

I had made a copy of comment above because is the same. Thanks.

• September 13, 2017 at 8:37 PM by an anonymous user from: Kwai Tsing, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I received the email today. same company name but different company logo, the letter content is 90% similar to the one you posted.

Thanks.

• September 10, 2017 at 6:14 PM by an anonymous user from: St George, Utah, United States

I just received one today from "The National Drilling Company".

So glad you had this posted to warn people. Thank you!

• September 9, 2017 at 10:29 PM by an anonymous user from: Campos dos Goytacazes, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi, I am from Brazil, I received an email with the same information, but I changed company. I was in the name of the company "Maersk Oil" as far as I know, the company is true, but can it be a coup? the text practically presented this theme, help me ... is it a scam? what do I do?

• September 9, 2017 at 11:05 PM by info

It is a scam, there is no such lottery.

• September 8, 2017 at 10:15 AM by an anonymous user from: Iloilo City, Western Visayas, Philippines

It's good I've checked into this. Thank god! I was supposed to be one of those victims! NDC lotto draw... Too bad for you scammers!

I will be very careful next time... God bless everyone!

• August 31, 2017 at 3:10 PM by an anonymous user from: Nairobi, Kenya

Thanks for the ⚠ I almost celebrated my luck. I have received 2-1 from Maersk Oil Company and the other from the NOC Libya. I was not going to fall in their scams...

• August 14, 2017 at 7:42 AM by an anonymous user from: Buenos Aires City, Buenos Aires Autonomous City, Argentina

Got the same from sender: nkkdp@vodafone.de

• July 18, 2017 at 12:35 PM by an anonymous user from: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

WHEE! How lucky am I? I just today received one of these emails. Must say, they did better than most. They have the MAERSK OIL Logo correct.

By quick glance, there are no glaring spelling errors, however, some of the syntax was strange.

...and really, why would you have "...in fight against European Migrant Crisis awareness and support"? (Are you/they against European Migrants or against the plight of migrants in Europe?)

It has 1 Qatar address/ 1 Johannesburg S.Africa address.

Better luck next time scammers. Too bad, I could have used the money.

• July 28, 2017 at 1:00 PM by an anonymous user from: Ponta Grossa, Parana, Brazil

I got the same one right now! Maersk Oil and the same adress.

• June 30, 2017 at 12:24 PM by an anonymous user from: Vojens, Southern Denmark Region, Denmark

They also sometimes claim to be from Abu Dhabi.

• April 30, 2017 at 11:11 AM by an anonymous user from: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

I received this mail too but I didn't believe them so in order to confirm I googled your site and here it is a scam. Never gonna fall for them .

Thanks for informing us. I was wondering who I may ask if couldn't find it in here.

• April 25, 2017 at 3:31 AM by an anonymous user from: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa

On the 5th February I receive the email but never responded to it. I said if this is truly for me it will come to me in a right way. Will you please check if it was true or not. If it was true please let me receive my luck if not God forbid.

• April 25, 2017 at 6:08 AM by info

It is not true, it is a lottery scam.

• April 5, 2017 at 6:49 PM by an anonymous user from: Baguio City, Cordillera Administrative Region, Philippines

I received email from NPCC UAE A a while ago, but I researched the signatory name in the board of directors and his name isn't there. So I think this is a scam.

• April 21, 2017 at 2:59 AM by info

It is a scam, do not fall for it.

• April 21, 2017 at 2:27 AM by an anonymous user from: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

When did you receive it?

• April 5, 2017 at 12:10 PM by an anonymous user from: Monrovia, Montserrado, Liberia

Thanks very much. I was going to sent them my information, but thank god you inform me.

• April 3, 2017 at 3:16 PM by an anonymous user from: Lagos, Nigeria

I was sent an attachment, concerning the lotto draw, which I indeed send some of my details to them, but now I really believed that it was a scammed message. Thank God I did not send my Am pin

• March 30, 2017 at 1:18 PM by info

Received via email:

"Last March 7,2017 I received an email from NOC Libya that I won the lottery,and that shocked me because I did not even pay for any tickets,it makes me think it is a scam... last night I replied to them,they respond emmediately they gave me the process on how to claim the price,and now I received an email from them again that i should submit any of my identification,thanks that i search and found your site and report this to you,I already deleted their mails and hope they cannot do this to anyone again.

Thank you."

• March 25, 2017 at 6:46 PM by an anonymous user from: Lagos, Nigeria

May God be praised. I don't go easily into this kind of things. When I saw mail in my inbox, I quickly googled the address and that's how I came to this site. My advice is that one should not be easily fascinated by this kinds of promises. Hard work pays my dear ones. All that glitters are not gold.

• March 24, 2017 at 5:37 PM by an anonymous user from: Paramaribo, Suriname

I feel so foolish...falling for the scam of NOC Libya Lotery. How do I get my money back from them?

• March 24, 2017 at 5:41 PM by info

If you have sent your money using your credit card, contact your bank and have them cancel the transaction and refund your money. If you used money transfer services like Western Union or MoneyGram, it is virtually impossible to get back your money.

• March 24, 2017 at 4:14 PM by an anonymous user from: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Exactly same type of mail I got early in this month, but didn't send any information about myself, because I am very much concerned about it, what it is and how I got this lottery.

Now I need to know who sent this mail for what purpose and how they work on it; and how they achieve their goal using this fake offer.

• March 24, 2017 at 4:53 PM by info

The email is being sent by lottery scammers. The aim of the lottery scammers is to trick the recipients of the email into sending them money in order to receive their so-called prizes or winnings. The lottery scammers will claim the money is for taxes and fees, but once the money is sent, the lottery scammers will disappear with the money, and the victims will not receive the lottery prize they were promised or claim to have won.

• March 24, 2017 at 11:05 AM by an anonymous user from: Dhaka, Bangladesh

I also get this kind of email.

• March 23, 2017 at 3:26 PM by an anonymous user from: Baeza, Andalucia, Spain

Hi, very good afternoon, I received this message with the same content and information, I thought was a contract of work iuhooo, and thanks to you I have been very much alerted, and beforehand I sent my personal data to the malicious mail melissa.drake @ Representative.com.

Thank you very much for your information.

A warm greeting from Spain.m

• August 9, 2017 at 8:08 AM by an anonymous user from: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda

I also received an email from MAERSK OIL that I won the lottery,and that shocked me because I did not even pay for any tickets,it made me think it was a scam... today I replied to them,they respond immediately. They gave me the process on how to claim the price, and now I received an email from them again that I should submit any of my identification.

Good thing that I searched and found your site and report this to you. I already deleted their mails and hope they cannot do this to anyone again.

• March 20, 2017 at 6:41 AM by an anonymous user from: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Thank you, I received it on a new email that now one should have -.- so frustrating. Thanks a lot.

• March 16, 2017 at 5:02 PM by an anonymous user from: Largo, Florida, United States

Thanks, I received this lottery email yesterday.

• March 15, 2017 at 10:03 AM by an anonymous user from: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Thank you so much for the helpful message. I just received this email myself.

"Lotto Draw from NOC LiBya" National Oil Company Lottery Scam