"Mikhail Fridman Donation" Scam Being Sent by Scammers

"Mikhail Fridman Donation" Scam Being Sent by Scammers

Would you share this Article with others?

Online users, be aware of the "Mikhail Fridman Donation" scam like the one below. The scam is being sent by scammers who are attempting to trick their potential victims into sending them money. Mikhail Fridman, Russia's second wealthiest man, said he will donate $14.2bn (£9.8bn, €12.6bn) of his fortune to charity, but would never send emails to random individuals around the world requesting personal information or ask them to send money in order to receive a donation.

Remember, never send money or personal information if you are asked to do so in order to receive a donation or lottery prize. This is how scammers steal their potential victims' information, and how they steal their victims' money.

The "Mikhail Fridman Donation" Scam

"M. Fridman" <marroyo@ia.unesp.br>

Donation

I Mikhail Fridman. has selected you specially as one of my beneficiaries for my Charitable Donation, Just as I have declared on May 23, 2016 to give my fortune as charity.

Mikhail Fridman

Check the link below for confirmation:

Reply as soon as possible with further directives.

Mikhail Fridman.

Recipients of the same email are asked to delete it and should not follow the instructions in it.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

The comments, reviews or answers below do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts.

• August 2, 2019 at 7:50 PM by an anonymous user from Anchorage, Alaska, United States

I have received a notification in November 2018 "MMF/1797480/ALF/1820, contact person boyd.watson@c-resvbank.com phone 4420-32873434, picked for donation from Mikhail Maratovich Fridman," is this the scam. I do not know please notify me if it is so thank you.

• August 2, 2019 at 8:59 PM by info

Yes, it is a scam.

• July 9, 2019 at 10:10 AM by info

"From: Mikhail Fridman <vivanov@mccme.ru>

Sent: Monday, July 8, 2019 11:56 PM

To: Recipients

Subject: Re: Respond for confirmation

Hello,

I Mikhail Fridman has selected you specially as one of my beneficiaries for my Charitable Donation, Just as I have declared on May 23, 2016 to give my fortune as charity.

Mikhail Fridman."

Here is another scam.

• June 15, 2019 at 9:15 AM by info

"From: Mr Mikhail M. Fridman <mrosso@arte.unicen.edu.ar>

Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:56:35 AM

Subject: Charity Donation !!!

I, Mikhail Fridman have selected you specifically as one of my beneficiaries

for my Charitable Donation of $5 Million Dollars,

Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response.

Mr Mikhail Fridman."

• June 2, 2019 at 8:42 PM by an anonymous user from Beijing, China

If you reply to the email, you will receive the answer as follows:

"Dear Friend,

I appreciate you for writing back as I have expected, This is a life time opportunity and it's 100% legitimate. I quite understand you might be a bit skeptical about my message, So I decided to make it known to the world by publishing it on the news. However, I also made sure this is put on the internet for the world to see and to ease your skepticism. As such you do not need to worry about anything. Also you can see more about me: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Fridman

The intention of this email is to be of immense help to people. With my age, I cannot continue to amass wealth without giving out. It is my hope that you are able to receive this money and use the money judiciously over there in your country. I will employ you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living of as many people as you can because that is the major reason I am donating this money to you.

I am trying to cede this money in portions through the help of the Bank I deposited it into. I decided to donate to charity and other individuals around the world in need, The Local Fire Department, The Red Cross, Haiti, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes, Just about anyone who could benefit from this.

My children has been given the best gift from me, Giving them the option to create something on their own. They are quite young and could be endangered if given so much wealth as this.

As I send this message to you, I am also sending to other fortunate persons as well. I sent to churches, Orphanages, and individuals and to others whom I have contact with already. Now all this being said I would love to have a detailed information about you, Get to know who my beneficiary is and with this you will help me facilitate the disbursement process of the charity funds donation to you.

Full name:

Address:

Country:

Age:

Sex:

Phone Number:

Occupation:

Valid Identification (i.e either Driver's License/International Passport of yours) :"

• May 27, 2019 at 8:28 AM by info

"From: Mr Mikhail M. Fridman <mschmeling@anlis.gov.ar>

Sent: 23 May 2019 22:31:59

Subject: Charity Gift !!!

I, Mikhail Fridman have selected you specifically as one of my beneficiaries for my Charitable Donation of $5 Million Dollars,&nbsp;Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response.Best Regards,Mikhail Fridman."

• May 24, 2019 at 9:25 AM by info

"Date: 23/05/2019, 17:05

From: "Mr Mikhail M. Fridman" <mschmeling@anlis.gov.ar>

https://www.rt.com/business/343781-mikhail-fridman-will-charity/I await your earliest response.

Best Regards,Mikhail Fridman.

• April 17, 2019 at 6:45 PM by info

"Charity Gift

Wed 4/17/2019 6:24 PM

From: "Mr Mikhail M. Fridman" - vdress@fcnym.unlp.edu.ar

To: undisclosed-recipients:

My name is Mikhail Fridman, I am the 8th Richest Man in Russia, I like

to

donate $5.000.000,00 to you as part of my ungoing Charity Programme.

Respond for info / Claims."

• April 1, 2019 at 6:06 PM by info

"From: M. M. Fridman <info@charity.com>

Sent: Saturday, 30 March 2019 1:56 PM

Subject: Re: Donation

Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response for further directives.

Mikhail Fridman."

• March 24, 2019 at 1:47 AM by an anonymous user from London, England, United Kingdom

New contact form from scammers.

"Crawford Law Firm <testuser@petrochina.com.cn>

The Crawford Law Firm,

P.C - Floral Park, NY

244-16 Jericho TurnpikeFloral Park,

NY 11001

I am Barrister Charles Crawford. A Partner at The Crawford Law Firm and a legal adviser to Mr. Mikhail Fridman who is the co-founder of Alfa-Group, a multinational Russian conglomerate.

My client Mr. Fridman has recently decided to give his wealth to individuals who are capable to use it to impact the world positively in areas of science and art.

I will employ you yo kindly go though the website below to read why Mr. Fridman is donating his wealth.

www.rt.com/business/343781-mikhail-fridman-will-charity

With this narative and with my relationship with him, I decided to seek your hand in partnership for mutual financial benefits. I want to input your name as one of the beneficiary of this donation and guide you through the claims process for a percentage of the donation that comes to you.

If you are interested in working with me, kindly send me an email with the following details. (i. Your full names as it appears on you identification papers. ii. Your full mailing address. iii. Your age and marital status. iv. Your occupation).

I wil be waiting to read from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Barrister Charles Crawford.

Attorney AT Law.

1-201-354-8958."

• March 21, 2019 at 12:26 PM by an anonymous user from Athens, Attica, Greece

Yesterday I received an email asking for personal information as Mikhail Fridman.

My younger sister unfortunately sent back the email with my personal information like full name , age , sex , occupation , county, home address, phone number , and my international passport number . What can I do now? Am I in danger? How can they use my personal information?

• March 21, 2019 at 3:29 PM by info

What they will do is to contact you and attempt to use your information to convince you into sending them money or more information.

• March 17, 2019 at 4:41 PM by info

"From: Mr Mikhail M. Fridman <lquintero@fcv.unlp.edu.ar>

Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:55 PM

Subject: Charity Gift !!!

Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response.

Mikhail Fridman"

• March 12, 2019 at 2:44 AM by an anonymous user

The scammers are now using this email address: Mikhail Maratovich Fridman - mikmf@sbcglobal.com

• February 26, 2019 at 8:25 AM by info

The scammers are using this email address: Mikhail Maratovich Fridman - mikmf@hotmail.com

• February 25, 2019 at 1:20 PM by info

They are using this email address: MikhailMFridman0@hotmail.com

• February 11, 2019 at 3:17 PM by info

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject: Mr. Fridman's donation.

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 07:07:02 -0800

From: Crawford Law Firm <support@cvsbd.com>

Reply-To: charlescrawford053@gmail.com

To: Recipients <support@cvsbd.com>

The Crawford Law Firm, P.C - Floral Park, NY

244-16 Jericho TurnpikeFloral Park, NY 11001

My client Mr. Fridman has recently decided to donate his wealth to individuals who are capable to make positive change in the world.

Kindly go though this website to read why Mr. Fridman is donating his wealth.

www.rt.com/business/343781-mikhail-fridman-will-charity

With this narative and with my relationship with his bankers, I decided to seek your consent for your hand in partnership. I would input your name as one of the beneficiary of this donation and guide you through the claims process for a token.

If interested, kindly send me an email. (Do include your full names, address and telephone number).

Yours faithfully,

Barrister Charles Crawford.

Attorney AT Law.

1-201-354-8958.

• January 8, 2019 at 7:24 PM by info

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Re:Greatest Offer

Date: 01/05/2019 12:13 am

From: "M. M. Fridman" <info@baigorriaprop.com.ar>

Reply-To: mikh.fridman@gmail.com

I, Mikhail Fridman have selected you specifically as one of my

beneficiaries for my Charitable Donation of $5 Million Dollars,

Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response for further directives.

Mikhail Fridman.

• December 19, 2018 at 9:15 AM by info

Received via email:

"I received an email yesterday from someone claiming to be Mikhail M Fridman claiming he sent me a donation..so today they asked me to contact qnb bank in London via info@qnb-finances.com"

• November 19, 2018 at 2:32 PM by info

---------- Forwarded message ---------

From: Mr Mikhail M. Fridman <lalarcon@fcv.unlp.edu.ar>

Date: Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 2:05 PM

Subject: Charity Gift !!!

Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response.

Mikhail Fridman.

• October 24, 2018 at 8:23 AM by an anonymous user from Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

Received this scam:

"I, Mikhail Fridman have selected you specifically as one of my beneficiaries for my Charitable Donation of $5 Million Dollars,

Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response.

Mikhail Fridman."

• October 9, 2018 at 8:29 PM by an anonymous user from Leme, São Paulo, Brazil

This is another:

"From: chihayam@mist.ocn.ne.jp

UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL WINNER NOTIFICATION LETTER

21 September, 2018

Dear Winner

Congratulations! You have been selected as a grand Prize winner

in the UNITED KINGDOM NATIONAL LOTTERY.

Your fund is now deposited with EQUITY INVESTMENT LIMITED, a finance company,

insured in your name. Due to the mix up of some numbers and names,

we ask that you keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has been

processed and your money remitted to your account. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by participants of this program.

To begin your claim, please contact your claims agent;

MR. ERIC PAUL

EQUITY INVESTMENT LIMITED,

132 BLACKBURN ROAD,

BOLTON BL7 9RP ENGLAND,

UK.

TEL: 00447452013799

EMAIL: ukclaims@onet.pl

Send the following by email to us to enable us process your prize:

1) Beneficiary's Full Names (First Name, Middle Name, Surname).

2) Reference Numbers.( EKS255125600304)

3) Award Prize (Amount) Won.( 1.2Million pounds)

4) Country of Residence, Physical and Postal Address.

5) Contact Mobile Telephone, Telephone & Fax Numbers.

6) Alternative contact email address

Remember, you must contact your claim agent immediately, if you do not contact then,

all funds will be returned as unclaimed. All correspondences to MR. ERIC PAUL should be sent by email.

MR. ERIC PAUL"

• October 18, 2018 at 10:18 AM by an anonymous user from Tbilisi, Kalaki Tbilisi, Georgia

Received this:

"Mavis L Wanczyk <mcgortari@fcv.unlp.edu.ar>

Oct 13 at 10:41 PM

Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response.

Mikhail Fridman.

• October 9, 2018 at 8:22 PM by an anonymous user from Leme, São Paulo, Brazil

Have a look on this e-mail :

"Dear Friend,

I appreciate you for writing back as I have expected, This is a life time opportunity and it's 100% legitimate. I quite understand you might be a bit skeptical about my message, So I decided to make it known to the world by publishing it on the news. However, I also made sure this is put on the internet for the world to see and to ease your skepticism. As such you do not need to worry about anything. Also you can see more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mikhail_Fridman

...

Full name:

Address:

Country:

Age:

Sex:

Phone Number:

Occupation:

As soon as I receive the above details from you, Then I will give you a letter to receive your portion of the money from the bank. This is my personal money and does not need much formal procedures, Some beneficiaries have received theirs. My only term remains being good to others too, that's all.

As I wait for your response, I wish you a wonderful day.

Mikhail M. Fridman."

• October 8, 2018 at 11:17 AM by info

"From: Mr Mikhail M. Fridman <farmacia.otharan@datamarkets.com.ar>

Sent: Monday, October 8, 2018 05:01

Subject: Charity Gift !!!

Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response.

Best Regards,Mikhail Fridman.I, Mikhail Fridman have selected you specifically as one of my beneficiaries for my Charitable Donation of $5 Million Dollars,

Check the link below for confirmation:

I await your earliest response.

Mikhail Fridman."

• August 31, 2018 at 10:10 PM by an anonymous user from Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

"Mikhail Fridman" <sec_extension@dch.unne.edu.ar>

This scam was sent to me.

"RE. MF Mikhail Fridman I, Mikhail Fridman have selected you specifically as one of my beneficiaries for my Charitable Donation of $5 Million Dollars, Check the link below for confirmation: https://www.rt.com/business/343781-mikhail-fridman-will-charity/

I await your earliest response. Best Regards,

f"

• August 26, 2018 at 10:59 AM by info

"From: M. M. Fridman <cbissutti@unl.edu.ar>

Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:25 PM

Subject: Re: Grant -> Reply To mikh.fridman@gmail.com

Check the link below for confirmation:

Reply as soon as possible with further directives. My private email is: mikh.fridman@gmail.com

Mikhail Fridman."

• August 22, 2018 at 9:58 AM by an anonymous user from Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States

"I, Mikhail Fridman have selected you specifically as one of my beneficiaries for my Charitable Donation, just as I have declared on 23rd of May 2016 to give my fortune to charity.

Check the link below for confirmation:

Reply as soon as possible with further directives. My private email is: tmason9w4r@gmail.com"

I DID NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE EMAIL BUT DID IN A GOOGLE SEARCH. AM I OK? I DID NOT GIVE OUT ANY INFO AT ALL.

ALSO, I CANT HELP BUT WONDER IF THEY ARE GETTING TARGETS BASED ON GOOGLE SEARCHES. I RECEIVED THIS AFTER RESEARCHING ALZHEIMER'S AND I NOTICED THAT IS ONE OF THE CLAIMED CHARITIES.

Mikhail.

• August 22, 2018 at 10:34 AM by info

You are ok. The scammers' aim is to trick you into sending them money.

• July 2, 2018 at 9:35 PM by an anonymous user from Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Today at 6:37 pm I received such email from the address below:

batiba@incaper.es.gov.br

I suggest whoever got your article copy using a government sending address should be investigated and even though I took Russian in high school fifty years ago I doubt I could possibly give gov.br website such message and request you to do so,

Sincerely

Michael (Paralegal on linkedin.com)

• June 25, 2018 at 9:53 PM by info

"Re: Grant

M. M. Fridman <info@cnpq.br>

Today, 8:55 PM

I Mikhail Fridman. has selected you specially as one of my beneficiaries

for my Charitable Donation, Just as I have declared on May 23, 2016 to give

my fortune as charity.

Reply as soon as possible with further directives.

Mikhail Fridman."

• June 25, 2018 at 4:58 PM by info

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: Mikhail M. Fridman <mikh.fridman@gmail.com>

Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018, 5:16:22 PM EDT

Subject: Re: Donation

Hello Friend,

I am trying to cede this money in portions through the help of the Bank I deposited it to. I decided to donate to charity and other individuals around the world in need, The Local Fire Department, The Red Cross, Haiti, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes, Just about anyone who could benefit from this.

As I send this message to you, I am also sending to other fortunate persons as well. I sent to churches, Orphanages, and individuals and to others whom I have contact with already. Now all this being said I would love to have a detailed information about, Get to know who my beneficiary is and with this you will help me facilitate the disbursement process of the charity funds donation to you.

Full name:

Address:

country:

Age:

Sex:"

• June 25, 2018 at 7:11 AM by an anonymous user from Canterbury, England, United Kingdom

Another scam email:

"From: ...

To: ...

Sent: Monday, 25 June 2018, 08:24:23 -03:00:00

Subject: Re: Grant

I Mikhail Fridman has selected you specially as one of my beneficiaries for my

Charitable Donation.

Reply as soon as possible with further directives.

Mikhail Fridman."

• June 4, 2018 at 12:21 PM by info

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "Mikhail Fridman" <mikhailfridman01@yeah.net>

Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 9:12:55 AM

Subject: Re:Re: Respond for further directives

Hello Friend,

I appreciate you for writing back as I have now expected. this time life is 100% legitimate. I just make it known to the world by publishing it on the news. However, I have decided to make sure this is put on the internet for The world to see and to ease your skepticism. For so doing you do not need to be skeptical about Donation to you. Also you can check my profile on to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mikhail_Fridman

The intention of this email is to be of immense blessing to people. With my age, I cannot continue to amass wealth without giving out. It is my hope that you are able to receive this money and use it money wisely and judiciously over there in Your country. I will employ you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living of as many people as you can because that is the only only i am donating this money to you .

I am trying to cede this money in parts through the help of the bank I deposited it to. As many as can benefit from it because I do not really have much to do with it. I decided to donate to charity and other individuals around the World in need, the local fire department, the Red Cross, Haiti, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes.

I do not want my children to work with my business and would prefer they would create something on their own. leaving a huge amount of money to my young children, who are now aged between 10 and 22, could ruin their lives. I'm Not a big fan of such public statements, but I can say that I am going to transfer all my money to charity. I don’t plan to transfer any money to my children, I also believes that having that amount of money could make you a target for "bad" people.

As I send this message to you, I am also sending to other lucky ones too. I sent to churches, Orphanages, and individuals, and to others whom I have contact with already. Now all this being said if you know you are ready to Receive this charity donation. Kindly introduce yourself in details to me by providing me the below details at least to know who I am dealing with and to facilitate the disbursement process of the charity funds donation:

Full name:

Address:

Country:

Age:

Sex:

Phone Number:

Occupation:

Valid Identification (ie either Driver's License/International Passport of yours) :

As soon as i receive the above details from you, then I will give you a letter to receive your portion of the money from the bank. This is my personal money and does not need many formal procedures, some beneficiaries have received theirs. That you are good to others too, that's all.

As I wait for your response, I wish you a wonderful day.

Mikhail Fridman.