- Based on the number of eligible applicants, successful applicants will be in receipt of $1,377 (Net of 10% withholding tax, see below).
- Funds will be direct deposited to applicants' bank accounts. In specific instances, cheques may be issued at the discretion of Manitoba Finance. Please allow three to four business days for the funds to become available.
- A 10 per cent withholding tax is being remitted to the Canada Revenue Agency on your behalf and that the NET amount of $1,377 has been deposited into your bank account.
- A T4A information slip will be issued to you in February 2021 for inclusion in your 2020 income tax return.
Who was eligible to receive this benefit?
To be eligible for this program, applicants must have met all of the criteria below:
- worked in an eligible position and organization in:
- healthcare, social services, justice, essential retail and pharmacies, retail food and beverage, funeral services, Business Improvement Zones (BIZ), hotel/motel, and transportation
- See below for a listing of eligible organizations and positions
- Workers in positions other than those listed below are not eligible for the MRRP. These include manufacturing, automotive repair, food processing, and other.
- worked a minimum of 200 cumulative hours during the period of March 20, 2020 (the date of the first COVID-19 public health order) to May 29, 2020 on a part-time or full-time basis, or would have worked a minimum of 200 cumulative hours during the eligibility period, but had to self-isolate under public health orders
- earned a total pre-tax employment income of less than $12,500 from eligible positions during the period of March 20, 2020 to May 29, 2020 (average of $5,000 per month x 2.5 months) Note: pre-tax earnings excludes overtime earnings.
- are not enrolled in the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) program
Eligible Positions and Organization Types
Listing of Eligible Organizations and Positions.
What is Essential Retail?
Essential Retail Business is defined as per Manitoba Public Health Order and is specifically limited to:
- A business that provides, by retail sale, food or household consumer goods necessary for the safety, sanitation or operation of residences and businesses. Such a business includes a grocery store, supermarket, convenience store, butcher shop, bakery, market, hardware store and any other retail business.
- A business that provides personal protective equipment or protective clothing for use in the workplace.
- A business that provides essential goods and services for the health and well-being of animals, including animal feed, pet food, and animal supplies such as bedding.
- A gas station or other business that provides diesel, aviation, propane, heating fuel or other fuel used to power a motor vehicle, aircraft or watercraft.
- A business that provides office supplies and services. The supplies and services include computer products and related repair and maintenance services for businesses and for individuals working from home.
- A business that holds a retail liquor licence, a manufacturer's licence, including a manufacturer's licence with a retail endorsement, or a retail cannabis licence or that is authorized by the Government of Canada to produce cannabis.
- Retail Pharmacies, as per Section 55 of the Public Health Order Please note that if you are a worker in healthcare, social services, family violence prevention, justice and corrections, and Manitoba accommodation services, only specific employers are eligible. Eligible employers are listed in the application form.
Security guards employed by an eligible organization or employer, or, those contracted to protect an eligible organization type, are eligible for the MRRP. To apply to the program, select the primary organization/setting type to which you were assigned during the eligibility period