The 'www.jzip.com' website
The JZIP installation file was scanned at website http://virustotal.com and, 6 out of 46 antivirus software detected a threat.
File name: jZipSetup-r136-n-bc.exe
Detection ratio: 6 / 46
Analysis date: 2013-05-11
- TrendMicro-HouseCall - TROJ_GEN.F47V0502
- DrWeb - Adware.Bandoo.11
- Emsisoft - Riskware.Win32.Toolbar.SearchSuite.AMN (A)
- ESET-NOD32 - Win32/Toolbar.SearchSuite
- Fortinet - W32/Toolbar.SEARCHSUITE
- AntiVir - Adware/Bandoo.F.1
JZip is built on the 7-Zip technology, which is a file compression engine located at the website http://www.7-zip.org/. This program has a browser hijacker, which will change your default search engine to search.jzip.com
If you have already installed this program, click here to use AdwCleaner to remove the Potentially Unwanted Programs that were installed. AdwCleaner is a very small program and doesn't require any installation.
I recommend using 7-Zip, Winzip, WinRar other adware free file compression (zip) programs.