Unsupported apps, such as WhatsApp Plus and GB WhatsApp, are altered versions of WhatsApp. These unofficial apps are developed by third parties and violate WhatsApp Terms of Service. WhatsApp doesn't support these third-party apps because we can't validate their security practices.
How to switch to the official WhatsApp app
You might need to backup your chat history before moving to the official WhatsApp app. The name of the unsupported app you're using determines whether you need to transfer your chat history. Locate the name of the app by tapping More Options > Settings > Help > App info. Follow the steps below based on the name of the app: WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp.
If you're using an app other than WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp, we recommend saving your chat history before downloading the official WhatsApp app.
We recommend following the steps below to save and transfer your chat history. Failure to follow these steps could result in lost chat history. Please note that we can't guarantee this will be a successful chat history transfer because WhatsApp doesn't support unofficial apps.
- Wait for your temporary ban to end. The timer will show you the length of the ban.
- In GB WhatsApp, tap More options > Chats > Back up chats.
- Go to Phone Settings > tap Storage > Files.
- Find the folder GB WhatsApp and tap and hold to select it.
- In the upper right corner tap More > Rename and rename the folder to “WhatsApp”.
- Navigate to the Play Store and download the official WhatsApp app. If you can't access the Play Store, download the app here.
- In WhatsApp, verify your phone number. Learn how to verify in this article.
- On the Backup found screen, tap Restore > Next.
- WhatsApp should load with your existing chats.
If your chat history was previously saved, it should automatically transfer to the official WhatsApp app. Learn how to save your chat history in our Help Center.
- Navigate to the Play Store and download the WhatsApp app. If you can't access the Play Store, download the app here.
- Verify your phone number. Learn how to verify in this article.
- If you're using the official WhatsApp app and your account is banned, refer to this article.
- Learn more about how to use WhatsApp responsibly in this article.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Show More Comments (0)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Recommendation / Advertisement