Improve Facebook Security by Getting Unrecognized Login Alerts
How do I get alerts about unrecognized logins?
To get alerts about unrecognized logins:
- Go to your Security and Login Settings by clicking in the top-right corner of Facebook and clicking Settings.
- Click Security and Login on the left.
- Go to Get alerts about unrecognized logins and click Edit.
- Choose where you want to receive your alerts, such as from your email account or with a Facebook notification from a recognized device.
- Click Save Changes.
After you start getting alerts about unrecognized logins:
- When you receive a login alert, you can tell us if you recognize the login activity by clicking or tapping This was me.
- If you don't recognize the login activity, click or tap This wasn't me and we'll help you reset your password and secure your account.
- You can save a device or browser to your list of trusted browsers or recognized devices. This way, you won't get alerts about the computer or mobile device you usually use to log into Facebook. Don't choose this option if you're using a public computer (such as one in a library or cafe).
- A list of recent devices that have logged into your Facebook account can be found in your Security and Login Settings.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.