The Halifax Device Pairing Scam Text Alert
HALIFAX ALERT: A new device has successfully linked to your account on 12/12 at 14:08 PM. If you DO NOT authorise pleae visit hxxps://halifax.pair-device.link
The Halifax Payee Scam Text Alert
Halifax Alert: A new payee has been added if [name removed] if this was not visit hxxps://halifax-payeecheck.com IMMEDIATELY
Once the cybercriminals have received the stolen account credentials, they will use it fraudulently. Therefore, if you were tricked by the scam, please contact Halifax immediately.
If you get a message that seems odd, you should follow these steps:
- Do not reply - even if you think you know the sender, don’t reply to a text or email message if it seems odd.
- Do not open any links or attachments.
- Call Halifax to make sure it’s genuine - Use the number on the back of your bank card and they can help to check the text or email message.
- Forward the message to Halifax's fraud team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forward the message to your network provider – You can use 7726 to report the scam text for free to your network provider.