The Halifax Device Pairing Scam Text Alert
HALIFAX ALERT: A new device has successfully linked to your account on 12/12 at 14:08 PM. If you DO NOT authorise pleae visit hxxps://halifax.pair-device.link
Once the cybercriminals have received the stolen account credentials, they will use it fraudulently. Therefore, if you were tricked by the scam, please contact Halifax immediately.
If you get a message that seems odd, you should follow these steps:
- Do not reply - even if you think you know the sender, don’t reply to a text or email message if it seems odd.
- Do not open any links or attachments.
- Call Halifax to make sure it’s genuine - Use the number on the back of your bank card and they can help to check the text or email message.
- Forward the message to Halifax's fraud team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forward the message to your network provider – You can use 7726 to report the scam text for free to your network provider.