How to Check for Malware Using Google Play Protect
- On your Android device, go to the Google Play Store app. You can find this app by tapping the Apps icon at the bottom of your home screen.
- Then tap the menu button. This is the three-line icon in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Next, tap on Google Play Protect. This will show you the status of your device and the results of the latest scan.
- Tap the scan button to force your Android device to check for malware.
- If you see any harmful apps on your device, you will see an option to remove it.
How Google Play Protect works
Google Play Protect checks apps when you install them. It also periodically scans your device. If it finds a potentially harmful app, it might:
- Send you a notification. To remove the app, tap the notification, then tap Uninstall.
- Disable the app until you uninstall it.
- Remove the app automatically. In most cases, if a harmful app has been detected, you will get a notification saying the app was removed.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review