Safer Internet Day (SID) is organised by Insafe in February of each year to promote safer and more responsible use of online technology and mobile phones, especially among children and young people across the world. Every year, the organization creates a theme and invites you to get involve. They have been celebrating Safer Internet Day since 2004, ensuring the internet is a safer and better place, by standing against cyber-bullying, online discrimination, and promoting positive content online.
Safer Internet Day History
- Safer Internet Day 2022 - celebrated on February 8 Theme: Together for a better internet
- Safer Internet Day 2020 - celebrated on February 11 Theme: Together for a better internet
- Safer Internet Day 2019 - celebrated on February 5 Theme: "Today is Safer Internet Day"
- Safer Internet Day 2018 - celebrated on February 6 Theme: "A better internet starts with you"
- Safer Internet Day 2017 - celebrated on February 7 Theme: "Be the change: unite for a better internet"
- Safer Internet Day 2016 - celebrated on February 9 Theme: "Play your part for a better internet"
- Safer Internet Day 2015 - celebrated on February 10 Theme: "Let’s create a better internet together"
- Safer Internet Day 2014 - celebrated on February 11 Theme: "Let's create a better internet together"
- Safer Internet Day 2013 - celebrated on February 5 Theme: "Connect with Respect"
Safer Internet Day's website showcases the many events and activities taking place across the globe to mark the day, so find out what's happening in your country by visiting their website at: https://www.saferinternetday.org/.