No Internet Connection Detected

AT&T Payment Unsuccessful Scam Text Message

ATT Payment Unsuccessful Scam Text Message

Today, I received a text message from "AT&T" about an "unsuccessful payment" and to call telephone number 707-661-8029. The problem is I didn't attempt a payment and have never received this kind of text before. Customers beware.

The AT&T Payment Unsuccessful Scam Text Message

“FRM: AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment. Call 7076618029.

MSG: 5068 ”

Check the comment section below for additional information and share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

Would you share this Article with others?  +

• August 18, 2020 at 6:24 PM by an anonymous user from: Ashburn, Virginia, United States

1410200504

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9706277110.

MSG:4494

• August 18, 2020 at 3:10 PM by an anonymous user from: Acworth, Georgia, United States

received same message

from AT&T

SUBj: Unsuccessful payment Call 470-231-4478

MSG: 6607

• August 16, 2020 at 9:49 AM by an anonymous user from: Cullman, Alabama, United States

Same message

Call: 2052870227

MSG 0548

Sent a text - explain please. No response.

• August 15, 2020 at 5:53 PM by an anonymous user from: Senatobia, Mississippi, United States

Have received same text message twice; yesterday and again today.

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9312863074.

MSG:3709

• August 15, 2020 at 10:49 AM by an anonymous user from: Encino, California, United States

Same message

FRM: AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment.Call 9312863074

MSG: 2637

• August 15, 2020 at 10:10 AM by an anonymous user from: Clarksville, Tennessee, United States

Same message with a different number

FRM: AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment

Call 9312863084

MSG:9544

• August 15, 2020 at 7:17 AM by an anonymous user from: Franklin, Tennessee, United States

Same message with a different number

FRM: AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment

Call 9312863074

MSG:5863

• August 15, 2020 at 7:03 AM by an anonymous user from: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Add me to the list as receiving one as well. Mine came from a 930 # though...

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9312863084.

MSG:4239

Nice try though guy... you won't get any money from me with this lame mess

• August 14, 2020 at 4:29 PM by an anonymous user from: Largo, Florida, United States

same message phone # 864-343-2315 msg 0395. forwarded it to 7726 per AT&T support suggestions. got same message again. can't get through to customer service. will try blocking.

• August 15, 2020 at 2:33 PM by an anonymous user from: High Point, North Carolina, United States

I also received this message 08.14.20 with the same phone number to call.

• August 11, 2020 at 10:53 AM by an anonymous user from: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Received message but different number 828-263-6356 msg 5571

• August 13, 2020 at 4:19 PM by an anonymous user from: Salisbury, North Carolina, United States

Received sane nessage with number 828-543-0011on )8-13-20.

• August 4, 2020 at 8:35 PM by an anonymous user from: Laguna Woods, California, United States

I hit call number and it came back "This is not a working number"

• August 4, 2020 at 5:48 PM by an anonymous user from: Henderson, Nevada, United States

got one message 8/2/2020, FRM:AT&T Subj: Unsuccessful payment. Call 909-768-8411

msg 9033

Have an Anaheim number but live in Vegas

• August 4, 2020 at 11:33 PM by an anonymous user from: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I received the same message yesterday with the same call back number. Clearly a scammer!

• August 4, 2020 at 2:16 PM by an anonymous user from: Manteca, California, United States

something is suspicious - 2 texts received with text messages regarding my unsuccessful AT&T payment, and to call 909-768-8410. This message is Not from AT&T.

• August 4, 2020 at 11:44 AM by an anonymous user from: Orange, California, United States

Received two messages regarding an unsuccessful payment, and to call 909-768-8410. I did not attempt to make a payment. August 3 and 4th. Not from AT&T

• August 4, 2020 at 5:31 PM by an anonymous user from: Santa Rosa, California, United States

I received the exact same message on 8/2

• August 4, 2020 at 3:21 AM by an anonymous user from: Clovis, California, United States

You can call "611" on your cell phone to verify that your account is paid in full.

• August 3, 2020 at 11:05 PM by an anonymous user from: Houston, Texas, United States

I ordered a remote control airplane $3995. It took several weeks to arrive and it is the worst piece of c**p I have ever seen. It was a foot smaller than the one in the advertisement. It was silver and not red white and blue. AND IT WAS NOT REMOTE CONTROL.! am mortified. The packaging was beaten up like it was 20 years old. I have had it with these scammers...

• August 3, 2020 at 8:38 PM by an anonymous user from: Oxnard, California, United States

I received the SAME message with the SAME phone number today (twice)

• August 3, 2020 at 7:23 PM by an anonymous user from: Long Beach, California, United States

I just received a text with the same message different phone number:

FROM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment. Call 9097688410

MSG:5094

SCAM! did not respond.

• August 3, 2020 at 10:45 PM by an anonymous user from: Murrieta, California, United States

I received the same thing

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment Call

9097688410

MSG:1047

• August 3, 2020 at 8:30 PM by an anonymous user from: Torrance, California, United States

I just got the exact same message with the same callback number. My payments aren't taken out on today's date so I figured something was up.

• August 3, 2020 at 7:07 PM by an anonymous user from: Hawthorne, California, United States

I received it as well, but I knew it was a scam because no payment was due. I didn't have time to play with their pedestrian efforts to scam me so I deleted the message. lol

• August 3, 2020 at 5:42 PM by an anonymous user from: Woodland Hills, California, United States

Received text message today from 909 768 8410. did not call It was unsuccessful payment to aTT 8/3/2029 3:01

• August 3, 2020 at 2:13 PM by an anonymous user from: Riverside, California, United States

This was sent to my cell phone but I knew there was no payment that needed to go through so I did not call the number. They will drain the information from your phone, and can easily insert spyware. SCAM. Thank you.

• August 3, 2020 at 10:35 AM by an anonymous user from: Los Gatos, California, United States

I received the same text message today. Phone number 909 768-8411. I checked with my bank and my payment had gone through so this is a scam.

• August 2, 2020 at 11:05 PM by an anonymous user from: Los Angeles, California, United States

I received the same call but different number.410) 100-005 . I replied to have a little fun with those scammers. "So sorry that my payment didn't go through, do you want my CC #? " I didn't get a response yet. LOL!

• August 2, 2020 at 5:52 PM by an anonymous user from: Clifton, New Jersey, United States

I don't even use AT&T. I knew it was a scam immediately.

• August 2, 2020 at 5:48 PM by an anonymous user from: Yucaipa, California, United States

I received this message also, right after I'd made a legitimate on-line payment to Consumer Cellular. I suspect one didn't have to do with the other, but the timing was suspect.

• August 2, 2020 at 4:22 PM by an anonymous user from: Danville, California, United States

The female scammer calls about unsuccessful at and t was not successful. I got it again this week. This voice is the same on the computer refund scam and the social security number scam. The tramp needs to be jailed.

• August 2, 2020 at 4:16 PM by an anonymous user from: Clovis, California, United States

Scam! Checked my actual AT&T account and shows that my bill isn't even due. Always go directly to the actual site whenever you get emails, texts or calls regarding payment alerts for your accounts.

• August 2, 2020 at 3:43 PM by an anonymous user from: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

This is a SCAM. Do NOT fall for it! If you call this number, it states that your debit card was UNsuccessful and to leave the new card number. I got this text today and the criminal is stating they're from ATT. I called ATT AND THEY ARE AWARE OF THIS IDIOT(S).

• August 2, 2020 at 4:40 PM by an anonymous user from: San Diego, California, United States

The exact same thing just now happened to me ~2:30pm PDT. Its a SCAM!

• August 2, 2020 at 2:42 PM by an anonymous user from: Yorba Linda, California, United States

Same. 909 768 8411 my acct is current.

• August 2, 2020 at 3:53 PM by an anonymous user from: Yorba Linda, California, United States

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:3126

• August 2, 2020 at 2:38 PM by an anonymous user from: Visalia, California, United States

Same as everyone else. Text message with the 909 number. I have autopay so I knew it was a scam from the get-go.

• August 2, 2020 at 2:19 PM by an anonymous user from: Castro Valley, California, United States

Scam text message. Do not reply or try to call the number in the link

• August 2, 2020 at 1:32 PM by an anonymous user from: Merced, California, United States

Got the same message:

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:2739

Checked with AT&T using regular contact and they said there were no payment issues.

• August 2, 2020 at 12:21 PM by an anonymous user from: Orinda, California, United States

I received the same message @ 4:24 am, with the 9097688411 phone number to call. Checked my account, all is current and paid for.

• August 2, 2020 at 10:57 AM by an anonymous user from: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:5927

Received 6:17 am. Scam. I do not have anything due.

• August 2, 2020 at 10:26 AM by an anonymous user from: Surprise, Arizona, United States

I received the same message on my cell phone, with 9097688411 as the return number. I went to my account and all is paid for. So, decided not to respond.

FRM: AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment. Call 9097 99411

MSG: 4259

• August 2, 2020 at 10:58 AM by an anonymous user from: Rancho Mirage, California, United States

I received the same message and called ATT to advise again!

• August 2, 2020 at 10:24 AM by an anonymous user from: Modesto, California, United States

Received text message from this number saying FRM: AT&T SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment. Call 90976888411. MSG:1334. In that format. No payments due at this time.

• August 2, 2020 at 9:13 AM by an anonymous user from: San Clemente, California, United States

My wife and I both received the same message on our cell phone, with 9097688411 as the return number. I went to my account and all is paid for. Curious if anyone calls, what the response is.

• August 2, 2020 at 10:31 AM by an anonymous user from: Chino Hills, California, United States

It's a scam threat. I just spoke to AT & T. Report as scam them block it

• August 2, 2020 at 7:47 AM by an anonymous user from: Seattle, Washington, United States

Got the same text message yesterday, number to call was 9097688411.

I always receive a confirmation text that my payment went through successfully, so thought this was odd to get a contradictory message.

• August 2, 2020 at 10:24 AM by an anonymous user from: Sonoma, California, United States

Got the same message this morning, August 2. I checked my AT&T balance online and have a small credit balance. This is a scam. Don't call.

• August 2, 2020 at 9:21 AM by an anonymous user from: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don’t know this number I believe my web/iPhone being hacked

Please advise what I should about this I also have Lifelock log

On my phone

• August 2, 2020 at 12:23 PM by info

I do not think you were hacked. The scammers just your number sent the fake text to you, hoping you would call the fake phone number in the text. Once you call the number, they would attempt to steal your personal and financial info.

• August 1, 2020 at 5:48 PM by an anonymous user from: New York, United States

It doesn’t matter which number it wants you to call. There is a hyper link hind inside that number. Do not click on it.

• August 1, 2020 at 4:27 PM by an anonymous user from: Redding, California, United States

I just got (909) 768-8411

MSG: 4228

• August 1, 2020 at 3:25 PM by an anonymous user from: Palmdale, California, United States

I received a text today also from AT&T

The number I was told to call is 909 768-8411

• August 1, 2020 at 11:43 AM by an anonymous user from: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

8-1-20 rcvd text:

Frm:AT&T SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment. Call 6616893383

MSG:2862

Called AT&T:

• July 30, 2020 at 11:19 PM by an anonymous user from: Mississippi, United States

The was 6616893381

Msg:4204

If you called or text the number could it have hacked my phone or got information from it?

• July 30, 2020 at 11:27 PM by info

They cannot hack your phone like that. What they will do is attempt to trick you into disclosing your information.

• August 2, 2020 at 10:19 AM by an anonymous user from: Anza, California, United States

I called and that’s exactly what this does. It wants your card information. There’s no one else but a machine.

• July 28, 2020 at 1:34 PM by info

From:AT&T

Subj:unsuccessful payment.call

2192490568

Msg:8023

From 231-459-6189

• July 28, 2020 at 12:32 PM by an anonymous user from: Cloverdale, California, United States

I received the same message. Suspicious because I firmly believe AT&T (or any vendor) would have contacted me via my e-mail on file - not via a private message. I immediately went to my AT&T account and found my payments were up to date and I had 0 balance. Also if you first check the information about the message without opening it, you will find a convoluted origin thread-a dead giveaway.

• July 28, 2020 at 11:20 AM by an anonymous user from: Encinitas, California, United States

Got same text and checked both accounts and both showed my payments made so deleted the text.

• July 28, 2020 at 1:12 AM by an anonymous user from: San Diego, California, United States

Got the message today tried to call to cuss them out but the number wasn't real

• July 27, 2020 at 11:25 PM by an anonymous user from: San Jose, California, United States

I got the text at 7:57pm PST

FRM: AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful

payment. Call 7076618029

MSG:0900

• July 27, 2020 at 11:21 PM by an anonymous user from: Scotts Valley, California, United States

I recieved one just now, with the MSG: 4896. Super suspicious, I always go to their website. Never reply to an email or text you don't know. Maybe someday these low lifes' will get a real life!

• July 27, 2020 at 10:13 PM by an anonymous user from: Houston, Texas, United States

I received this message today. I called the number but it would not go through. I called ATT and my payments are up to date.

• July 27, 2020 at 8:21 PM by an anonymous user from: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

I got it with a msg:7190

• July 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM by an anonymous user from: Folsom, California, United States

I got it too today, msg 3734

• July 27, 2020 at 5:53 PM by an anonymous user from: Burbank, California, United States

I received today FRM:AT&T SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment.Call 7076618028 MSG:9620

I am not an AT&T customer - did not call.

• July 27, 2020 at 5:47 PM by an anonymous user from: Camarillo, California, United States

Thank you everyone, received the same message.

From 410-200-502

MSG:1519

my payment due date is today, almost fell for it!

• July 27, 2020 at 5:25 PM by an anonymous user from: San Carlos, California, United States

Same as others...I received a text "Unsuccessful payment. Call 7076618029." Called AT&T and they said my account is up to date.

• July 27, 2020 at 5:10 PM by an anonymous user from: Milpitas, California, United States

07/27/2020 at 13:38 PDT Received AT&T Subj unsuccessful payment. Call 7076618029 MSG:0116

• July 27, 2020 at 5:05 PM by an anonymous user from: United States

Same message at 2:40PM today... from a NON number

SMS with 1 (410) 200-503

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 7076618029.

MSG:1260

• July 27, 2020 at 4:48 PM by an anonymous user from: Sunnyvale, California, United States

HI -

I did call the phone number but received a recording about a "locked" debit card. At that point, I hung up.

text

“FRM: AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment. Call 7076618029.

MSG: 0782 ”

• July 27, 2020 at 4:41 PM by an anonymous user from: Carlsbad, California, United States

Received this today as well. The text came from an incomplete phone number: 1 (410) 200-501. It's missing a digit. Anyway, thanks to everybody who contributed to this. Clearly a scam. Blocked the number.

• July 27, 2020 at 3:37 PM by an anonymous user from: San Diego, California, United States

Thanks! I received the same scam SM today. Almost fell for it ...

• July 27, 2020 at 3:22 PM by an anonymous user from: Pekin, Illinois, United States

Got this same message. Blocked and deleted message

• July 27, 2020 at 3:21 PM by an anonymous user from: San Francisco, California, United States

I just received that message, too. My payment isn't even due yet. Scam!

• July 27, 2020 at 3:14 PM by an anonymous user from: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States

Received this message today TOTAL SCAM, as it was paid yesterday and confirmed in AT&T account and credit card.

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful

payment.Call

7076618029

MSG:8423

• July 27, 2020 at 3:10 PM by an anonymous user from: San Jose, California, United States

I received a text message saying AT&T subject and successful payment same phone number 707-661-8029 same scam. Ignore!

• July 27, 2020 at 3:02 PM by an anonymous user from: Hesperia, California, United States

I just got the same message. I checked my at&t app and it says my payment posted yesterday and it was deducted from my bank account. This is definitely a scam. I would've known without checking but because I received this message around the date my payment usually posts, I checked to be sure. The message was sent from 1410200516.

"FRM:AT&T:SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment. Call 7076618028. MSG:6797"

• July 27, 2020 at 2:31 PM by an anonymous user from: Ventura, California, United States

Total scam. I received this text from a phone number short one digit: 1 (410) 200-502

AT&T's messages don't come that way, they come from a message code. Tip #1.

Tip #2: no legit phone company is going to send you a text written like that. With FRM: and SUBJ: And then no space between ".Call" That's third-world grammar/writing. Tip #3: AT&T will never send you a linked phone number to call. Just like the bank won't. And the credit card company won't. They'll tell you to log into your account and check your status.

The number to call on my text was 707-661-8028 btw. One digit off from some of the other texts.

• July 27, 2020 at 2:11 PM by an anonymous user from: Carlsbad, California, United States

Received same message yesterday and today. We made our payment 2 weeks ago so knew it wasn’t accurate. Thanks for letting people know that it’s a scam.

• July 27, 2020 at 2:09 PM by an anonymous user from: Santa Rosa, California, United States

I received the same message today with a different phone number and message number.

I immediately blocked the number and deleted the message.

• July 27, 2020 at 12:40 PM by an anonymous user from: Denver, Colorado, United States

Just received the same message as a text says to call 4422850127

• July 27, 2020 at 12:25 PM by an anonymous user from: United States

Just received the same text message. Kind of figure every unusual message With a link is a scam these days. Informed my friends and family to be in lookout for same. This is one of the times it would be good to post on Facebook. So many people trying to take advantage when everyone is going through so much right now already. Very sad. If people put as much time and effort into helping and caring for each other as they do in trying to steal and cheat we all would be so much better

• July 27, 2020 at 11:27 AM by an anonymous user from: Texas, United States

Received "FRM: AT&T subj: Unsuccessfal payment. Call" as well. Seems like a scam.

• July 27, 2020 at 11:42 AM by info

It is a scam.

• July 27, 2020 at 10:16 AM by an anonymous user from: Massachusetts, United States

I got the same thing.

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 2192490573.

MSG:5940

• July 27, 2020 at 9:01 AM by an anonymous user from: Pleasant Hill, California, United States

I also received a test message from AT&T stating SUBJ:unsuccessful payment. Call 7076618029. MSG:1802

• July 27, 2020 at 12:06 PM by an anonymous user from: San Francisco, California, United States

Rec'd above message also.

• July 27, 2020 at 11:24 AM by an anonymous user from: Concord, California, United States

Me too in Martinez California not buying it though scammers

• July 27, 2020 at 7:39 AM by an anonymous user from: San Diego, California, United States

I got the same message with different numbers as well. It’s obviously a scam because my monthly payment was made 3 days ago (successfully). The Number scam texts, calls, and emails is getting ridiculous. If I ever actually get a legitimate message, I will probably ignore it with all the rest.

• July 27, 2020 at 6:59 AM by an anonymous user from: Jackson, Michigan, United States

I got the same text message. I’m in Michigan.

• July 27, 2020 at 6:08 AM by an anonymous user from: Walled Lake, Michigan, United States

Got the same yesterday (26JUL2020), different phone number and message number. I did call it and it sure didn't sound like AT&T, recorded message that just wanted me to reactive my debt card. Hung up before doing anything. This was in line with any of my payment schedules with AT&T which did make me wonder immediately.

• July 27, 2020 at 12:57 AM by an anonymous user from: Simi Valley, California, United States

Received the same text today (7/26). Figured it was a scan because I paid earlier this month and it was noted as withdrawn from my account. What bothers me is they seemed to know the regular payment date. Seems like they have hacked into AT&T accounts.

• July 26, 2020 at 10:17 PM by an anonymous user from: South San Francisco, California, United States

I received this also 7/26/2020 South San Francisco. Number to call was 4422850125

• July 26, 2020 at 8:02 PM by an anonymous user from: San Jose, California, United States

I got this too. Total scam.

• July 26, 2020 at 7:49 PM by an anonymous user from: Lakeport, California, United States

Received scam text on 7/26/2020 at 5:33pm

“FRM: AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment. Call 7076618029.

MSG: 8764 ”

• July 26, 2020 at 7:41 PM by an anonymous user from: Simi Valley, California, United States

Yup, I just got the same scam text.

• July 26, 2020 at 7:18 PM by an anonymous user from: Sunnyvale, California, United States

I had the same thing today.

• July 26, 2020 at 6:59 PM by an anonymous user from: Clovis, California, United States

oops I meant scam*

• July 26, 2020 at 6:57 PM by an anonymous user from: Newport, Michigan, United States

Had already paid bill (successfully). Number to call on mine was 2192490573. The message came from 1(410)100-004, short one number.

• July 26, 2020 at 8:33 PM by an anonymous user from: Canton, Georgia, United States

Rec'd the same text message with 219.249.0573

• July 26, 2020 at 6:54 PM by an anonymous user from: Clovis, California, United States

I got this as well, got to be a scam. My ATT bill was already paid and I've never seen 770 for an ATT number. Plus I figure there'd at least be an email as well.

• July 26, 2020 at 5:46 PM by an anonymous user from: Pasadena, California, United States

I received the same text supposed from AT&T but the number to call was slightly different, 7706618028. Since I had already paid my phone bills earlier in the month, I knew this could not be right and must be a scam.

• July 26, 2020 at 6:45 PM by an anonymous user from: White Lake, Michigan, United States

received a txt for unsuccessful payment. I never have paid by my cellphone.

it showed an area 410 code with a code.

what is going on?