Specialists at www.nannostomus.com, in turn, conducted research based on projects they fulfilled and discovered that some industries use data mining services much more often than others. So, let's look at these branches in more detail.
Conclusions of Nannostomus.Com Analysts on Data Extraction Usage
Probably the most active web scraping service user is the e-Commerce sector. Enterprises of this branch collect data to achieve the following purposes:
- Conversion improving. Online store holders learn potential customers' preferences by mining their comments on the internet. This allows for the creation of more attractive offerings.
- Existing customers retaining. You may achieve such a goal by collecting data about consumer behavior from relevant statistical platforms and competitors' websites.
- Advertising campaign improving. Entrepreneurs can deeper understand the needs of their regular and potential customers by scraping their reviews on e-shops selling similar products.
Additionally, online store owners can track prices proposed by rivals. This enables you to react quickly to goods' cost shifts.
Who Takes the Second Place
Here, it's worth noting the healthcare and insurance sectors. The first one employs data extraction services for the following reasons:
- drugs' cost monitoring;
- getting comprehensive information on advanced treatment methods;
- medical equipment innovations' tracking;
- gaining detailed info on emerging diseases.
The insurance industry, in turn, typically employs scraped data to learn more about accidents worldwide. Such an approach enables you to develop more favorable conditions for insurance contracts and create unique offerings.
Who Ranked Third
Nannostomus analysts placed the logistics and transportation industry here. Data collection helps companies in the specified field reach the subsequent goals:
- better manage existing routes and identify new ones;
- view opinions of clients on innovative shipping services;
- discover more effective delivery transport tracking tools;
- track new shipping offerings by competitors globally.
Furthermore, logistics companies may get more info about innovative delivery transport (for example, flying drones) using web scraping services.
What Should Be Known About Data Extraction for the Mentioned Industries?
The branches intensively using web scraping services frequently collect personal info about their clients. Here, it's essential to keep in mind the following private details being prohibited from processing:
- first and last names, addresses, birthdates, phone numbers, etc.;
- political opinions as well as religious beliefs;
- specific data like sexual preferences, gender, and so on.
Moreover, the described businesses often collect info from popular scientific magazine reports when seeking information on innovations. In such cases, entrepreneurs should keep in mind that they shouldn't publish the mentioned data.
Nannostomus.Com specialists always consult clients before those consumers start scraping data. The company employees also carefully learn the laws of the entrepreneurs' activity regions. This helps avoid penalizing for scraping restricted information.
According to Nannostomus analysts, e-Commerce, healthcare, insurance, and logistics industries are among the most active data extraction services users nowadays. Companies of these branches should strictly follow current privacy protection legislation in their regions to shun trouble with the law. They may get detailed consultations on this theme at topical platforms (like nannostomus.com).