Someone told me the scammers called him and claim there was something wrong with his internet connection and instructed him to give them remote access to his computer. But, since he was scammed before, he knew it was a trick and hung up.
Signs of a Scam
- The caller sounds urgent or threatening
- The caller ass for remote access to your computer
- The caller asks for personal details, passwords or bank details
Handling Scam Calls
- Hang up
- If caller claims to be from BT, report the call
- If you have Call Protect, blacklist the number
- If the caller claims to be from a respected business, look the business's number up and call back
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Recommendation / Advertisement