BT Technical Department Scam Calls
Scammers are calling potential victims and claiming to be from BT Technical Department. The scammers call from different 0141 telephone numbers. I got a recorded voice message saying that they are BT and my internet connection will be closed in 24 hours. Press 1 to be connected to BT Technical Department, but my internet service provider is not BT. I have also gotten a few robocalls saying the same thing.
I contacted BT directly about these scams and representative educated me about these type of scams. He said BT will never ask you for the following over the phone, and if someone claiming to be from BT asks you any of these, it's probably a scam:
- Call to tell you we've found a problem with your computer
- Ask for payment details over email
- Call out of the blue and ask for remote access to your computer or other devices.
- Tell you your router or IP address has been compromised
- Tell you your broadband has been hacked
- Threaten to disconnect your service unless you make a payment immediately.
- Ask for your PIN or online banking password
- Ask you to transfer money via PayPal or money transfer websites
- Send someone to your home to collect money.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please remove sensitive information from your comments, questions, or reviews. We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your post will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous post cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Show More Comments (0)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review