This is how the website www.perpip.com looks:
Copy of the spam e-mails that I have received that took me to the website perpip.com:
- Hi ,guys I find a really good website uruzi.com , it mainly sells electronic products, the products are directly from the producer, thus the price is pretty low and it has high reputation.
- Hi , friends I bought some very good electronic products on this website yunua.com , its products are really cheap and good , you can have a look and choose what you like.
- Hi , friends , I bought some very good electronic products on this website easdeal.com , its products are really cheap and good , you can have a look and choose what you like.
The website only offers 2 types of payment:
It is impossible for you to get back your money when you make payments to anyone of the payment types listed above. Unlike your credit card, you can call your bank and cancel the transaction.
This website (perpip.com) was registered on July 29, 2012, which is eight months ago and expires in four months. Newly registered domain names should not be easily trusted especially if they are registered only for one year.
Legitimate companies do not register their domain names for one year. One year is the mininum registration period for a domain name and scammers usually register domain names for this minimum period because they know their fraudulent schemes will be noticed and their websites taken down by then.
Domain Name: PERPIP.com
Registrar: JIANGSU BANGNING SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY CO. LTD
Updated Date: 29-jul-2012
Creation Date: 29-jul-2012
Expiration Date: 29-jul-2013
Another suspicious thing about this website is:
The following service pages are blank:
- Returns & Refunds
- Can I Trust Shopping?
- Guarantee & Warranty
- Why have so low prices?
- Payment Methods
Here is someone sharing his/her experience with this website (perpip.com) from Web of Trust website:
Fraudulent electronics or high price items store in China.
Keep in mind that brand electronics are usually more expensive in China due to VAT. If you see low price brand items you will get scammed.
The way it works is:
1. You send the money (usually via Western Union)
2. You get informed there is problem (usually customs etc.)
3. Problem can be fixed for more money (another 10-20%)
4. After payment, there is yet another problem...
This will repeat until you realize that you got scammed.
Or for phones you get 'lookalikes' of iPhone or Nokia models of poor quality with far less functions."
I recommend that you shop online at popular websites and avoid new websites until you are able to verify that they are trustworthy.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review
Recommendation / Advertisement