"Mark Zuckerberg Foundation" Donation Scam

Mark Zuckerberg Foundation Donation Scam

Would you share this Article with others?

Mark Zuckerberg is not secretly giving away millions of dollars to randomly selected individuals worldwide. Therefore, recipients of the fake email message below, which claims he is doing so, are asked not to follow the instructions in it. This is because the fake email is being sent by online scammers who are attempting to trick their potential victims into sending money. The scammers will claim the money is for taxes or fees, but once they receive their victims' money, they will take it and disappear.

Mark Zuckerberg has a few charities or iniatives, but they do not include giving individuals money.

The "Mark Zuckerberg Foundation" Donation Scam

From: Mark Zuckerberg Foundation <GGGUW.@diary.ocn.ne.jp>

Date: 2/23/18 5:24 AM (GMT-08:00)

Subject: DONATIONS

DONATIONS

My name is Mark Zuckerberg, A philanthropist the founder and CEO of the social-networking website Facebook, as well as one of the world's youngest billionaires and Chairman of the Mark Zuckerberg Charitable Foundation, one of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in giving while living' I had one idea that never changed in my mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and I have decided to secretly give {$1,500,000.00} to randomly selected individuals worldwide.

Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience, so I know your email address is valid.(markzuckerberg4u@yahoo.com) Email me Visit the web page to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mark_Zuckerberg/ or you can google me (Mark Zuckerberg )

Regards,

Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg has created a Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, which is to "advance human potential and promote equality in areas such as health, education, scientific research and energy." But, it is Click here to learn more about it.

Please share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. Check the comment section below for additional information, if there is any. Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: info@onlinethreatalerts.com. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search engine.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

The comments, reviews or answers below do not necessarily reflect the views of Online Threat Alerts.

• January 23, 2020 at 7:27 AM by info

Hi, got this scam email today

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: FACEBOOK GRANT 5.

From: "Mr.MARK ZUCKERBERG " <test@fiveman.org>

Sent: Thursday, 23 January 2020 10:45

My name is Mark Zuckerberg,A philanthropist the founder and CEO of the social-networking website Facebook,as well as one of the world's youngest billionaires and Chairman of the Mark Zuckerberg Charitable Foundation, One of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in‘giving while living' I had one idea that never changed in my mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give {$1,500,000.00} to randomly selected individuals worldwide. On the receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience,so I know your email address is valid(zmark7764@gmail.com) Email me. Visit the web page to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mark_Zuckerberg/ or you can google me (Mark Zuckerberg)

Regards,

MARK ZUCKERBERG

• January 23, 2020 at 7:26 AM by info

"Hi

This is the second part of the online scam, if like me , you stupidly answer it, this is the response you receive.

As I know now, there's no way Mark Zuckerberg is connected to these emails

Regards

David

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: Re:

From: MARK ZUCKERBERG <zmark7764@gmail.com>

Sent: Thursday, 23 January 2020 12:05

Dear Friend,

Thank you for confirming the validity of your email address and also accepting this Grant. My charitable foundation (The Mark Zuckerberg. Charitable Foundation) technically is responsible for awarding grant/donation but I have always wanted to make a personal donation to random individuals in any part of the world and that is why I have decided to give [$1.500,000.00] to you secretly without my family foundation being aware. It gives me great joy finally being able to make this donation to you, let's make the world a better place by giving and solving each others problem, all people have the right to opportunity, equity and dignity.

I will like to re-assure you of the legitimacy of this services as i will not be involved in any fraudulent act and will never be, that is the reason i request you to open my page link on my first mail. Please use the money wisely, I only want to feel good by helping people this time of the year, This is the only thing that makes my able family happy all the time, i will advise you as the prospective lucky person to be calm not to loose this great opportunity which millions of people are trying to entangled but the chances just couldn't come for them because a lot of people are out there to discourage them as they don't know how it works, and have never seen such before.

To facilitate the disbursement process of the funds valued at One Million Five Hundred Thousand United Dollars [$1.500,000.00] which have been donated solely to you, please send me the below information before proceeding with remitting the sum of [$1.500,000.00] to you. I am hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously. I ask you to do what you can to alleviate the level of poverty in your region and also try to enhance the standard of living of as many people as you can and see the joy and happiness of giving.

Do make sure you provide me with your complete information below so I forward it to my selected payout bank for disbursement.

Full Name:

Contact Address:

Mobile Number:

I am trusting you to make good use of this money.

Thank you for accepting this offer, I am indeed grateful. I anticipate your earliest response.

Best wishes to you in this season of greatness.

Regards,

Mark Zuckerberg.

The founder and CEO,The social-networking website Facebook"

Received via email.

• December 22, 2019 at 10:50 AM by an anonymous user from Reykjavik, Capital Region, Iceland

just pop in my junk mail, block it

• December 8, 2019 at 6:19 AM by info

"From: MARK ZUCKERBERG <test@fguzsamo.ru>

Sent: Saturday, December 7, 2019 5:18 AM

Subject: FACEBOOK FUNDS

Regards,

MARK ZUCKERBERG"

Another scam.

• November 26, 2019 at 7:02 AM by info

"From: MARK ZUCKERBERG <contact@fiveman.org>

Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2019 11:35 AM

Subject: DONATION FUND !!!103

My name is Mark Zuckerberg,A philanthropist the founder and CEO of the social-networking website Facebook,as well as one of the world's youngest billionaires and Chairman of the Mark Zuckerberg Charitable Foundation, One of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in‘giving while living' I had one idea that never changed in my mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give {$1,500,000.00} to randomly selected individuals worldwide. On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience,so I know your email address is valid(markzuckerberg777@outlook.com) Email me. Visit the web page to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mark_Zuckerberg/ or you can google me (Mark Zuckerberg)

Regards,

MARK ZUCKERBERG"

Here is another scam.

• June 27, 2019 at 11:12 AM by an anonymous user from Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

Very similar email received, requesting email address confirmation be sent to mzuckerberg430@gmail.com. Now asks for Full Name, Contact Address, Mobile Number, probably prior to then asking for my bank account details in the next email, very likely after which my account will be emptied and me thus being left destitute!

Isn't it about time the senders of these emails be made examples of by being prosecuted and their victims be compensated accordingly?

• June 27, 2019 at 12:21 PM by info

It is very difficult to catch these cybercriminals who can be operating from anywhere.

• June 14, 2019 at 10:10 PM by info

"From: MARK ZUCKERBERG <info@usa.org>

Sent: 12 June 2019 10:50:30

To: Recipients

Subject: FACEBOOK DONATIONS 91

DONATION FUND !!!

My name is Mark Zuckerberg,A philanthropist the founder and CEO of the social-networking website Facebook,as well as one of the world's youngest billionaires and Chairman of the Mark Zuckerberg Charitable Foundation, One of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in‘giving while living' I had one idea that never changed in may mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give {$1,500,000.00} to randomly selected individuals worldwide. On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience,so I know your email address is valid(mrmarkzuckerberg777@gmail.com) Email me. Visit the web page to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mark_Zuckerberg/ or you can google me (Mark Zuckerberg)

Regards,

MARK ZUCKERBERG"

Here is another scam.

• May 21, 2019 at 8:22 PM by an anonymous user from Sunnyvale, California, United States

I recieved this scam:

"mark zuckerberg,a philanthropist the founder and ceo of the social-networking website facebook,as well as one of the world's youngest billionaires and chairman of the mark zuckerberg charitable foundation, one of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in‘giving while living' i had one idea that never changed in may mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give {$1,500,000.00} to randomly selected individuals worldwide.

on receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience,so i know your email address is valid."

• May 10, 2019 at 3:03 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: "MARK ZUCKERBERG" <test@fiveman.org>

Date: May 9, 2019 at 6:42:50 PM EDT

To: Recipients <test@fiveman.org>

Subject: DONATION DRAFT

Reply-To: mrmarkzuckerberg222@gmail.com

DONATION FUND !!!

My name is Mark Zuckerberg,A philanthropist the founder and CEO of the social-networking website Facebook,as well as one of the world's youngest billionaires and Chairman of the Mark Zuckerberg Charitable Foundation, One of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in‘giving while living' I had one idea that never changed in may mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give {$1,500,000.00} to randomly selected individuals worldwide. On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience,so I know your email address is valid(mrmarkzuckerberg222@gmail.com) Email me. Visit the web page to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mark_Zuckerberg/ or you can google me (Mark Zuckerberg)

Regards,

MARK ZUCKERBERG "

• February 13, 2019 at 1:57 PM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: MARK ZUCKERBERG <test@fiveman.org>

Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:24 AM

Subject: DONATION FUNDS

DONATION FUND !!!

Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience,so I know your email address is valid.(mzuckerbergm222@gmail.com) Email me. Visit the web page to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mark_Zuckerberg/ or you can google me (Mark Zuckerberg)

Regards,

MARK ZUCKERBERG

80.242.214.170"

• October 30, 2018 at 1:44 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: MARK ZUCKERBERG <USA.@aioros.ocn.ne.jp>

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 8:29 AM

Subject: DONATION DRAFT

DONATION DRAFT

Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience,so I know your email address is valid.(mzuckerbergm222@gmail.com) Email me Visit the web page to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mark_Zuckerberg/ or you can google me (Mark Zuckerberg)

Regards,

MARK ZUCKERBERG"

• August 23, 2018 at 3:52 PM by an anonymous user from Sunnyvale, California, United States

I received a text from a person who said he was a classmate of mine in school and wanted me to know he had receive a gift in the amount of $150.000 from your Foundation and he saw my name on the list too.

He just thought I would want to accept the messenger text. I was contacted shortly thereafter by Carole Hediger. with the Foundation to let me know my name was on the winners list to receive $150,000.00. I would need to pay $500.00 to cover the necessary fees.

• June 19, 2018 at 9:32 AM by info

Received via email:

"Hello

I have been told I won $350,000.00 electronically by "2018 Mark Zuckerberg Foundation Program" I receive a Message from 'Paarnannguak K Olsen' and few days later by 'Jones Robinson' and Mr. Robinson have told me to fill out Information of my birthdate, where I live, Where I work and How much I make in a Month.

So, my main focus is that This might be a Scam or a Hack... Do I just leave Mr. Robinson alone?"

• May 17, 2018 at 7:39 PM by an anonymous user from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

Another MARK ZUCKERBERG SCAM EMAIL NEW ADDRESS:

"DONATION GRANT!!

I believe strongly in‘giving while living' I had one idea that never changed in my mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and I have decided to secretly give {$1,500,000.00} to randomly selected individuals worldwide. On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.

Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience,so I know your email address is valid.(markzuckerberg2244@hotmail.com) Email me Visit the web page to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mark_Zuckerberg/ or you can google me (Mark Zuckerberg)

Regards,

Mark Zuckerberg"

• March 18, 2018 at 5:02 PM by an anonymous user from Beaverton, Oregon, United States

Just received an email from a Charles Koch Foundation. The text was written as if Mark Zuckerberg wrote to emails randomly selected online and will be receiving $1,500,000.00 upon confirmation of their email address. The email to respond to is written as: markzuckerberg222@hotmail.com.

Just updating you with this info and that cyber crime is on going. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

• March 13, 2018 at 5:15 AM by info

Here is another scam:

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Mark Zuckerberg Foundation <WWW.@mist.ocn.ne.jp>

Date: Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 10:19 PM

Subject: Donations for you.

My name is Mark Zuckerberg,A philanthropist the founder and CEO of the social-networking website Facebook,as well as one of the world's youngest billionaires and Chairman of the Mark Zuckerberg Charitable Foundation, one of the largest private foundations in the world. I believe strongly in‘giving while living' I had one idea that never changed in my mind - that you should use your wealth to help people and i have decided to secretly give {$1,500,000.00} to randomly selected individuals worldwide.

On receipt of this email, you should count yourself as the lucky individual. Your email address was chosen online while searching at random.Kindly get back to me at your earliest convenience,so I know your email address is valid.(markzuckerberg222@hotmail.com) Email me Visit the web page to know more about me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Mark_Zuckerberg/ or you can google me (Mark Zuckerberg )

Regards,