No Internet Connection Detected

9097688411 Scam Unauthorized Payment Text Message

9097688411 Scam Unauthorized Payment Text Message

Would you share this Article with others?  +

Do not call telephone number 9097688411 because people are receiving fake AT&T "Unauthorized payment" text messages like the one below asking them to call the same number. The fake messages are being sent by scammers who are attempting to steal their potential victims' money, financial, and personal information. Therefore, recipients are asked to delete the messages.

The 9097688411 Scam Text Message

Frm: AT&T SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment. Call 9097688411

MSG:6220

Called AT&T:

Check the comment section below for additional information and share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below.

Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: info@onlinethreatalerts.com. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search Search engine.

Click here help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA).

• August 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM by an anonymous user from: Wilson, North Carolina, United States

Received the same scam text message today

• August 3, 2020 at 9:41 PM by an anonymous user from: United States

Thanks for posting this scam warning on your site.

I received a text message from AT&T SUBJ Unsuccessful payment. Call 9097688411 MSG 1014

I checked my account, and AT&T received their monthly payment on July 26, 2020.

• August 3, 2020 at 7:23 PM by an anonymous user from: Mountain View, California, United States

Yep, got the same c**p today, mine read:

FRM: AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.

Call 9097688411

MSG:6673

I checked my bills, and the last one was paid in July and the next is not due until end of August - with timing off, I was suspicious.

Thanks for this website for the warning

• August 3, 2020 at 3:40 PM by an anonymous user from: San Diego, California, United States

I received the same type of message just now. It seemed fishy because if I ever miss any payments, ATT will usually give me a "Payment unsuccessful, please log in to your pre-paid acct" message. All it said was the following:

FRM: AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment

Call 9097688411

MSG: 2651

• August 3, 2020 at 3:40 PM by an anonymous user from: Pleasant Hill, California, United States

My account is set up for auto pay. Knew it had to be false

• August 3, 2020 at 3:07 PM by an anonymous user from: Canyon Country, California, United States

I got the same text!

• August 3, 2020 at 2:45 PM by an anonymous user from: Oakley, California, United States

Got the same message about an unsuccessful payment and to call 9097688411. The only difference was the MSG number. Definitely a scam as I telephoned AT&T and they indicated they didn't send the message.

• August 3, 2020 at 2:19 PM by info

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:2985

Just got this. Is this from At&t?

My phone number is (916) 897-6072

• August 3, 2020 at 1:47 PM by an anonymous user from: Sparks, Nevada, United States

I also received this scam message

• August 3, 2020 at 1:38 PM by an anonymous user from: Pioneer, California, United States

Got the same text

• August 3, 2020 at 12:45 PM by an anonymous user from: Chandler, Arizona, United States

9097688411

Received the same message as everyone else received today.

• August 3, 2020 at 2:25 PM by an anonymous user from: Bakersfield, California, United States

Received same message in Bakersfield today. Knew it was a scam.

• August 3, 2020 at 12:29 PM by an anonymous user from: Seaside, California, United States

Same message in Fresno California.

• August 3, 2020 at 12:26 PM by an anonymous user from: Davis, California, United States

Received same message from same number today.

• August 3, 2020 at 10:55 AM by an anonymous user from: Santa Cruz, California, United States

Received same scam message in Santa Cruz CA early this morning

• August 3, 2020 at 10:27 AM by an anonymous user from: Millbrae, California, United States

Was going to call just to mess around with scammers (which I do when I have a bit of time), but dang, the automated system wants a debit card number and I tried 1,2,3,4,5... which didn't work.

• August 3, 2020 at 10:26 AM by an anonymous user from: Frisco, Texas, United States

Received same scam SMS this morning. Always call the official phone number or go to the official website directly, rather than clicking on a possible scam link.

• August 3, 2020 at 10:23 AM by an anonymous user from: Palmdale, California, United States

recieved the same message from same number #909-768-8411... knew it was a scam

• August 3, 2020 at 8:56 AM by an anonymous user from: Yorba Linda, California, United States

After making payment and received a confirmation from AT&T then got this message 5 hrs later checked my bank and payment was already pending

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:5519

• August 3, 2020 at 8:42 AM by an anonymous user from: Snohomish, Washington, United States

Received this text at 6:15 am this morning. Displayed phone number different than number they asked me to call.

• August 3, 2020 at 6:57 AM by an anonymous user from: Yorba Linda, California, United States

Got this message at 3:23 a.m. and knew it was fake. P***d that it woke me up!

• August 3, 2020 at 6:25 AM by an anonymous user from: Los Angeles, California, United States

Got the same text message, 03:40 am PDT, checked to see if AT&T current payment had gone through but it hadn't yet, so I called the number 9097688411. Computerized female voice started, "Your debit card has been frozen ...". Hung up. Don't have a debit card and recognized the scam chick voice. Definite scam.

• August 2, 2020 at 11:08 PM by an anonymous user from: Los Angeles, California, United States

Rec'd same message as above today 8/2/20 at 7:44 pm, my acct is current so I knew it was a scam.

• August 2, 2020 at 8:51 PM by an anonymous user from: Modesto, California, United States

My cell phone payment went through last week and today I receive a text message saying my payment didn't go through. I did call and I knew right away it was a fake. I didn't give them any information and didn't click on any buttons like they asked. Tex said ATT Unsuccessful payment call 909-768-8411.

• August 2, 2020 at 8:50 PM by an anonymous user from: Sacramento, California, United States

Just received the same message 2 minutes ago. Thank you for posting and confirming what I though was true, a scam.

• August 2, 2020 at 11:32 PM by an anonymous user from: Bakersfield, California, United States

Got the same message.

• August 2, 2020 at 8:50 PM by an anonymous user from: Costa Mesa, California, United States

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:3469

Received this message just now. I know I am current with AT&T.

• August 2, 2020 at 8:39 PM by an anonymous user from: Holland, Michigan, United States

Received the message, but know my account is current w/ AT&T. Also, my payment due date isn't today. Googled the # they wanted you to call & saw this page w/ all the spam reports. So add my report to the list. Might stop by an ATT store tomorrow to give them the spam #. They may or may not care, but perhaps they have a way to alert ATT to check it out & try to shut down these spammers.

• August 2, 2020 at 6:32 PM by an anonymous user from: Anaheim, California, United States

FRM: AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.

Call 9097688411

MSG:4923

This is a scam. I checked my AT&T account and there is no problem with payments.

• August 2, 2020 at 6:11 PM by an anonymous user from: San Pedro, California, United States

Scam, got this 8-2-20 AM, scam. 'from ATT unsuccessful payment' had a number to call

• August 2, 2020 at 5:54 PM by an anonymous user from: Encinitas, California, United States

9097688411 I also got the text message as well, checked my ATT account but all is good, payment had gone through as usual. Changed my password just in case.

• August 2, 2020 at 5:49 PM by an anonymous user from: Sanger, California, United States

Text Message from 1410200503

FRM: AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful Payment. Call 9097688411.

MSG: 5063

• August 2, 2020 at 5:36 PM by an anonymous user from: Tacoma, Washington, United States

9097688411 I got the message as well, checked my ATT account but all is good, payment had gone through as usual. Changed my password just in case.

• August 2, 2020 at 5:27 PM by an anonymous user from: Encinitas, California, United States

Got the text and went to AT&T and payment was cleared. Scam for sure

• August 2, 2020 at 4:53 PM by an anonymous user from: Lafayette, California, United States

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:2699

1 410 100 001

• August 2, 2020 at 3:18 PM by info

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:2390

Received text August 2, 2020

From: ‭1 (410) 100-004‬

• August 2, 2020 at 3:04 PM by an anonymous user from: Sacramento, California, United States

Got this scam text when I do not have any contract with AT&T.

• August 2, 2020 at 3:03 PM by an anonymous user from: Vista, California, United States

I got this text message too. AT & T should be responsible for any damages since the scammers obviously know that I recently signed up for AutoPay. I got the text message on the scheduled payment date. That would make for an astronomical coincidence. I just think the scammers have access to payment information. I checked my ATT account and everything was fine.

• August 2, 2020 at 6:55 PM by an anonymous user from: Yorba Linda, California, United States

The scammers are sending this randomly, a lot of people who received it don’t even have ATT

• August 2, 2020 at 4:31 PM by an anonymous user from: Yorba Linda, California, United States

I also have autopay and received the msg today BUT the payment is scheduled for the 9th. I think it’s just coincidence since they sent to everyone on the same day

• August 2, 2020 at 2:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Davis, California, United States

"FRM:AT&T

SUBJ: Unsuccessful payment. Call 9097688411."

Scam, don't bother responding.

• August 2, 2020 at 1:28 PM by an anonymous user from: Lucerne, California, United States

We don't even have an ATT account...

• August 2, 2020 at 12:47 PM by an anonymous user from: Mountain View, California, United States

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411. Stupidly, I responded to the text. There was an Apple charge in minutes. Cancelled the credit card. What a hassle!

• August 2, 2020 at 12:36 PM by an anonymous user from: San Diego, California, United States

Received text early this morning with above mentioned number to call for payment. This is a Scam!

• August 2, 2020 at 12:31 PM by an anonymous user from: Campbell, California, United States

Just received the same obviously phony text message.

• August 2, 2020 at 12:19 PM by an anonymous user from: Madera, California, United States

My husband received a text this morning from the above mentioned phone number saying that they were unable to process our payment. Thank goodness my husband always gives these message to me to check.

• August 2, 2020 at 2:20 PM by an anonymous user from: Yorba Linda, California, United States

got ‘unsuccessful payment’ text message & asked my best friend about it and he directed me to this page. THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING IN TIP IF THESE SCAMS! it pusses me off that there are awful, evil people out there trying to steal from us/rip us off/ruin our lives by stealing our identifies!

• August 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM by an anonymous user from: Los Angeles, California, United States

I called the number, but didn’t give any money- I just hung up because it seemed sketchy. Am I in any danger for calling?

• August 2, 2020 at 12:29 PM by info

No, you are not in danger. If the number is called, the scammers will attempt to trick the callers into disclosing their personal and financial information.

• August 2, 2020 at 11:25 AM by an anonymous user from: Los Angeles, California, United States

I don’t even have att anymore. I got a text message too

• August 2, 2020 at 12:19 PM by an anonymous user from: Tustin, California, United States

Just received text. Thank you for the heads up. I thought is was a scam

• August 2, 2020 at 10:36 AM by an anonymous user from: Fair Oaks, California, United States

My daughter and I both got this text message early this morning. We don't even have AT&T lol

• August 2, 2020 at 9:30 AM by an anonymous user from: Napa, California, United States

Received the same text this morning, two days after my autopayment posted. They may know my billing cycle.

"FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccsful payment.Call9097388411.

MSG:0571"

• August 2, 2020 at 9:15 AM by an anonymous user from: Costa Mesa, California, United States

Same FRM:AT&T text message from 410-200-501 (fake #) requesting call to 909-768-8411. MSG:7920

• August 2, 2020 at 8:51 AM by an anonymous user from: Torrance, California, United States

I received text early this morning. I blocked number.

• August 2, 2020 at 10:02 AM by an anonymous user from: United States

I did the same. Went and checked my At&T account and everything was fine.

• August 2, 2020 at 1:55 AM by info

"FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:2957"

Another scam, the text was received from - 1 (400) 200-504

• August 2, 2020 at 1:04 AM by an anonymous user from: Turlock, California, United States

Just got a call from 909- 768- 8411 Said my payment didn’t go through for At&t account I called the # female answered hello then went to a recording saying my card was cancelled to reactivate press 1. I hung up SCAM

• August 1, 2020 at 10:21 PM by an anonymous user from: San Luis Obispo, California, United States

Got it a few minutes ago to Call 9097688411 scamola

• August 2, 2020 at 12:22 AM by an anonymous user from: Monrovia, California, United States

Got the same message! I wish everyone was smart enough to google or research before falling victim to these type of pathetic SOB’s😡

• August 1, 2020 at 10:50 PM by an anonymous user from: Modesto, California, United States

I’ve gotten 2 today blocked both numbers

• August 1, 2020 at 10:20 PM by an anonymous user from: San Diego, California, United States

Frm: AT&T SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment. Call 9097688411 - FAKE, don't call

• August 1, 2020 at 10:07 PM by an anonymous user from: Yucca Valley, California, United States

Obviously "SHELTERING IN PLACE" coupled with "SELF QUARANTINE" has produced the idiocy of an old mmalady known as "CABIN FEVER" smdh...

I've been a customer of AT&T for over 15yrs... the will auto text you wit a 4 or 86 digit code expiration date balance and other related info ONLY THEY WOULD KNOW also you would be directed to THEIR WEBSITE and an (800#) would be provided...(rolling my eyes)

• August 1, 2020 at 9:26 PM by an anonymous user from: Modesto, California, United States

My husband got this message a few minutes ago too. The fact that it wasn't from a I 800 number was suspect from the beginning, but I did want to look it up to confirm.

• August 2, 2020 at 12:49 AM by an anonymous user from: Turlock, California, United States

I got the call a few minutes ago, 909 768-8411. I called, a female answered hello, then really fast went to a recording saying my card was cancelled, push 1 to reactivate, I hang up.

• August 1, 2020 at 9:11 PM by an anonymous user from: Santa Clara, California, United States

Same as the rest. Scam.

• August 1, 2020 at 8:51 PM by an anonymous user from: Los Angeles, California, United States

Got this text too scammer

• August 1, 2020 at 8:26 PM by an anonymous user from: Phoenix, Arizona, United States

FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:8750

From Maricopa AZ

• August 1, 2020 at 7:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Sacramento, California, United States

Same message here. I knew it was a scam because my AT&T account has a zero balance.

• August 1, 2020 at 7:41 PM by info

"FRM:AT&T

SUBJ:Unsuccessful payment.Call 9097688411.

MSG:4575"

Another scam.

• August 1, 2020 at 7:26 PM by an anonymous user from: Boulder, Colorado, United States

I got it s well a few minutes ago.

• August 1, 2020 at 6:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Yuba City, California, United States

Received same message about 10 minutes ago - Yuba City, CA

• August 1, 2020 at 6:11 PM by an anonymous user from: Lake Forest, California, United States

I did as well a few minutes ago.

• August 1, 2020 at 5:52 PM by an anonymous user from: Riverside, California, United States

I got it as well. Good ol’ google!

• August 1, 2020 at 5:23 PM by an anonymous user from: Costa Mesa, California, United States

Just now as well

• August 1, 2020 at 4:22 PM by an anonymous user from: Oakland, California, United States

Yes, just received a similar strange message which didn't make sense to me so I Google the phone # and ended up here. Just as I suspected!

• August 1, 2020 at 4:01 PM by an anonymous user from: Yorba Linda, California, United States

I JUST received that ...like 3 minutes ago...

• August 1, 2020 at 4:25 PM by an anonymous user from: San Mateo, California, United States

I did as well. Stupid scammers... my company pays for my phone anyway.

Keep your comment respectful.

9097688411 Scam Unauthorized Payment Text Message