The "RC Designs iCloud" scam below, which claims the recipients will be charged $29.99 every week, is being sent by online scammers. Therefore, recipients are asked not to follow the instructions in it. The scammers frighten potential victims into clicking the link in the scam, by claiming they can dispute the charge, when there is none.
The RC Designs iCloud Scam
RC Designs: iCloud - New Subscription, We will charge you $29.99 every week. Don't recognize? Start dispute here - hxxps://iCloudrefund.nz/Request
How to avoid phishing and other scams
While browsing the web, if you see a message that your iPhone, Mac, or other Apple device has a virus, or someone claiming to be from Apple calls and asks for your account name and password, you’re likely the target of a scam. Here are some things you can do to avoid them.
- Protect your Apple ID. Use two-factor authentication, always keep your contact information secure and up to date, and never share your Apple ID password or verification codes with anyone. Apple never asks for this information to provide support.
- Learn how to identify legitimate Apple emails about your App Store or iTunes Store purchases.
- Never use App Store, iTunes, and Apple Store Gift Cards to make other kinds of payments.
- If you send or receive money with Apple Pay (U.S. only), treat it like any other private transaction.
- Learn how to keep your Apple devices and data secure.
- In general, never share personal information like credit card numbers, unless you can verify the recipient is who they claim to be.
- Don't follow links or open or save attachments in suspicious or unsolicited messages.
- If you have any doubts about a request or communication, or even if you if you just need to update your information with a company, contact that company directly.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Show More Comments (0)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review