Complaints That We Have Received
- "I got a call from this number. It was a recording saying my Mastercard Debit Card was locked and to press 1 for their security team to unlock it."
- "Just received the same auto message and I don't even have a MasterCard debit card or any MasterCard for that matter. Pressed 1 anyway and then was told to reactivity that I had to enter my card number!!! Do not do this as it is a way for them to get your info!!"
- "JUST A FYI FOR ANYONE WHO BANKS AT FIRST MIDWEST….
just got a call claiming my card has been lost or stolen because of suspicious transactions. 303-333-9999 number that called me.
I have never banked with FIRST MIDWEST bank ….I went on with the call…they are asking for your social, account numbers, emails, log ins, and asking you to reset your password with a temporary password they are giving you."
- "There is a new technique in telemarketing, I will guess in response to all the hangups THEY are used to. The machine they use is programmed to hang up if you answer, but will leave a full blown marketing message on your voicemail ... I guess they think that more of their message will be heard this way... I find the entire thing annoying and NO MORE effective than live hangups. They'll figure it out eventually."
- "I am blessed with a phone service that allows me to add these idiots to an "auto reject" list and I never have to deal with them again afterwards."
- "a real person who said she was an automated call, and wanted me to go on carnival cruiselines for free, as long as i would tell all my friends about it. ...... i said, no, but would you please put me on your "do not call list"? and they hung up."
- "Caller ID said "Wyoming call" . I did not answer. Figured a scam like the credit card Rachel. I blocked the number. The next time they call, they get blocked!!! The scammers keep changing their numbers, Someone wanted me to press something on my computer saying they were going to fix my windows errors I just hanged up right away"
The scam is similar to the following:
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Show More Comments (11)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review