Beware of "2017 Annual Visitor Survey - Browser Opinion Survey" Scam

Beware of "2017 Annual Visitor Survey - Browser Opinion Survey" Scam

Would you share this article with others to help inform them?

If you are asked to complete the "2017 Annual Visitor Survey - Browser Opinion Survey" below, please do not participate in it, because it is a trick to get online users to purchase products, services, complete questionnaires or surveys, by pretending to offer them rewards which are actual advertisements. The fake Browser Opinion Survey is not associated with any web browser maker and the website that displays the survey will receive compensation for the products or services that they have tricked online users into purchasing.

The main purpose of the fake survey is to make online users think they will get a reward for taking it, but the rewards shown at the end of the survey are advertisements that the people who have created the survey will get paid for, once the online users purchase the products or services that are being advertised.

The "2017 Annual Visitor Survey - Browser Opinion Survey" Scam

prize-o-rama.dipox.xyz

2017 Annual Visitor Survey

Browser Opinion Survey

February 4, 2017

Congratulations!

You’ve been personally selected to take part in our 2017 Annual Visitor Survey! Tell us what you think of this browser and to say “Thank You” you’ll receive a chance to win HD Streaming Movies®!

Question 1 of 4:

How often do you use this browser?

All the time

Sometimes

Never

Related articles:

Note: Some of the names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers in email samples on this website may have been impersonated.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

To help protect your privacy, please do not post or remove, your full name, telephone number, email address, username, password, account number, credit card information, home address or other sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. Also, anonymous posts cannot be deleted or edited, and when you make a post, we will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users.

• October 8, 2018 at 10:07 AM by an anonymous user from London, England, United Kingdom

hxxp://app9867.rpmprize31.life/?

A pop-up link with Google Chrome logo for

2018 Annual Visitor Survey (Bristol)
    Browser Opinion survey

Four simple questions about frequency of use of Chrome, etc.
    Promise of prize Amazon Giftcard, obviously a fraudulent scam. BEWARE

• February 4, 2018 at 4:43 PM by an anonymous user from Quezon City, National Capital Region, Philippines

This site was saying I was selected to win iphone X as a frequent safarI user, only need to pay usd 1 for delivery. Didn’t ask for any information which I wouldn’t give as well as i’m thinking at the back of my mind this could be a scam.

hxxp://clk-secure.com/

• November 27, 2017 at 1:36 PM by an anonymous user from Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

How do you stop this site from hijacking my browser. I have run Norton and it finds nothing wrong. Help please.

• November 27, 2017 at 5:43 PM by info

Do not install software that you asked to download.

• November 24, 2017 at 6:42 AM by an anonymous user from Pune, Maharashtra, India

Hello, we are facing similar issues. My company's website when shared on social media platform like on Facebook through messenger, is redirected to such a survey. We tried to solve and find the problem with our hosting service provider and checked with the code too, but we are not able to find it, how is it happening?

How can we remove the redirection from our website to such a spammy website? It is causing harm to our reputation too.

• November 24, 2017 at 7:15 AM by info

Most of the redirections are done via malicious advertisements, so if you have advertisements on the website that maybe what is causing the problem.

Also, have you tried clicking on the link from another computer. It is possible that your computer or web browser is infected with adware that is causing the redirection.

• October 12, 2017 at 12:33 AM by an anonymous user from Lagos, Nigeria

I am not interested in their products or reward, it is all a scam!

• October 10, 2017 at 7:43 PM by an anonymous user from Montgomery, Alabama, United States

I filled in my personal information before I searched in the internet; if this site is fake..............I'm so scared....will my account be safe?

• October 10, 2017 at 8:40 PM by info

If you didn't send your account credentials, then it is OK. But, if you did, change your password.

• July 26, 2017 at 7:27 PM by an anonymous user from Freiburg, Baden-Württemberg Region, Germany

Hi, I filled my personal information birthday, name, phone number, living place, but I did not fill the bank account detail. Am I safe? Please let me know.

• July 26, 2017 at 7:46 PM by info

Yes, you are safe, but the scammers will keep contacting you in an attempt to scam you because they have your personal information. Therefore, be careful going forward.

• July 13, 2017 at 11:31 AM by an anonymous user from Salina, Kansas, United States

How do I remove it?

• July 11, 2017 at 2:31 PM by an anonymous user from Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States

How do I make the appearance of these fake opinion surveys to stop? I tried deleting the program, but the program does not show up on my program list. Thank you.

• July 11, 2017 at 3:18 PM by info

It is probably the websites that you are visiting that are displaying the fake surveys. If you notice that the fake surveys come up when you visit a certain website, then you know that website is the problem.

• June 12, 2017 at 7:50 AM by an anonymous user from Baguio City, Cordillera, Philippines

How can I block this popping up?

• May 11, 2017 at 6:04 AM by an anonymous user from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I received similar 2017 visitor survey notification through firefox at hxxp://game7483.tlqaqaqqaqa.biz.

• May 10, 2017 at 2:21 PM by an anonymous user from Singapore, Central Singapore Community Development Council, Singapore

I had done the survey and answered the questions, I gave my email account as well. Is my laptop/account safe?

• May 10, 2017 at 2:59 PM by info

Once you didn't give the scammers your account credentials (username and password), financial information and sensitive personal information, your account is safe. You need to be careful next time because they have more information about you, which they will use in an attempt to scam you. But, you cannot be scammed unless you follow the scammers' instructions.

• April 25, 2017 at 4:07 AM by an anonymous user from Newark, New Jersey, United States

How this Annual visitor survey works in Ethiopia?

• April 25, 2017 at 6:11 AM by info

It is a scam. Do not follow the instructions in the survey.

• April 17, 2017 at 9:43 AM by info

The following message is another scam that goes to the same fraudulent survey:
    "Fwd: Alert: Confirmation Required - Your CVS-ExtraCare Card, Expires on: 4/17/17. Retain #4346 Points"

• April 11, 2017 at 6:57 AM by an anonymous user from Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

I keep getting browser hijacker popups, like this one:

"2017 Annual Visitor Survey
    Browser Opinion Survey

hxxp://d2wzz.isolate.hahi.gdn/

Congratulations!
    You’ve been personally selected to take part in our 2017 Annual Visitor Survey! Tell us what you think of this browser and to say “Thank You” you’ll receive a chance to win a Morrisons £500 Voucher or a Boots £500 Gift Card!

Question 1 of 4:
    How often do you use this browser?
    All the time
    Sometimes
    Never"

MBAM doesn't find them when I run a scan.
    If only I could find it in my registry!

• April 11, 2017 at 7:23 AM by info

Some of these popups are generated by the websites that you visit, and are not on your computer or in the registry. Cybercriminals usually place the malicious popups code in advertisements (adware) used by the websites. Therefore, antimalware will not remove them.

• July 11, 2017 at 2:34 PM by an anonymous user from Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States

I also tried antimalware scans but they did not work.

• April 5, 2017 at 5:39 PM by an anonymous user from Chardon, Ohio, United States

Yeah this URL is one of them: hxxp://xb0zz.watch.gedb.gdn

• April 1, 2017 at 6:22 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: M&S <reply@zab067.matedly.com>
    Date: 1 April 2017 at 12:10:09 BST
    Subject: RE: Thank you Voucher on your account

Hello,

I am pleased to confirm that you can start the M&S UK quick survey anytime now. Access your account to receive your complimentary thank you voucher.

Go to: hxxp://www.marksandspencergiveaways .com/100xvouchers

Thank you for your time.

Nancy,
    Customer Service Team"

• April 1, 2017 at 6:19 AM by info

Here is another scam:

"From: "BJs_WholesaleClub" BJs_WholesaleClub@strawsilent.eu
    Date: 31 March 2017 at 12:34:19 BST
    Subject: Bus Wholesale Club Card activation details for April 2017

Important Notice Enclosed for BJs ClubCard #BJCC-12619"

• March 30, 2017 at 8:57 AM by an anonymous user from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

whenever I open a grammer website called shmoop it jumps to the survey website; what should I do?

• March 30, 2017 at 10:23 AM by info

Remove the app and use another.

• March 29, 2017 at 10:52 AM by an anonymous user from Dhaka, Bangladesh

There is the scam i've seen at hxxp://exclusiverewards.faxix.xyz

• March 24, 2017 at 9:02 AM by an anonymous user from Brentford, England, United Kingdom

I was listening to Spotify webview, via my Opera browser when it jumped to the 2017 Annual Visitor Survey.

• March 18, 2017 at 6:51 PM by an anonymous user from San Francisco, California, United States

What if I did it already? I haven't paid anything but I just wonder if it causes any virus or something harmful to my computer.

• March 18, 2017 at 8:19 PM by info

If you didn't download and install anything, you are ok.

• March 9, 2017 at 12:40 AM by an anonymous user from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

my question is I have been getting some question on line that if I quote or answer the question I will get an iPhone7 or36,000,000, is it true?

• March 9, 2017 at 4:23 AM by info

No, it is not true, it is a scam.

Beware of "2017 Annual Visitor Survey - Browser Opinion Survey" Scam