The malicious Google Chrome extension is located at the malicious website: hxxp://mycol.club/, and in the Chrome Play Store or webstore at:
- hxxps://chrome.google.com/webstore/ detail/bcgcanhcnlfodjbeekliijijanmpopnk
It has the following title and description:
“Elephants Have the Shortest Sleep”
“African elephants in the wild have the shortest sleep period of any mammal.”
Online users are asked not to visit the malicious website: hxxp://mycol.club/, and if a message appears asking them install the extension while browsing the web, they should just forcefully close their Google Chrome web browser.
And, for Google Chrome users who have already installed the malicious extension, please follow the instructions below to remove it:
- Forcefully close Google Chrome browser, if it is being hijacked.
- Open Google Chrome browser
- Type the following in Chrome’s address bar and click “Go” button or “Enter” key: chrome://extensions
- Search for the extension with the name: “Elephants Have the Shortest Sleep”
- Click the garbage bin icon next to it, in order to remove it.
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please do not post or remove sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. NB: We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users. That location is not enough to find you.
Your comment, answer, or review will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous comment, answer, or review cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Show More Comments (0)
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review