Virgin Media Scam Calls - How to Respond
Have you recently been called by someone who’s told you he/she is from Virgin Media, but you are unsure? Or claiming your computer has been reported due to a security issue? These calls may be a type of scam called Vishing – where a caller will attempt to trick someone into providing financial and private information or access to a computer system, for potential identity theft. If you receive one of these calls and believe your computer(s) or data is not secure, we’ve listed some advice about how to respond.
If you ever receive a call from someone you think might not be genuine:
- Always confirm the identity of the caller, take their name, company and contact details
- If they are allegedly calling from Virgin Media, and you have a concern over their identity, inform them you will be hanging up and calling us directly to validate the call
- Never provide financial details over the phone, unless you are 100% sure you know the caller
- If in doubt, ask them to put the information in writing and end the call
If you have spoken to someone that you now believe to be fraudulent and have been asked to install computer software, here are some simple checks you can carry out:
- Run a virus check on your computer
- Remove any unwanted software that may have been installed
- Report the fraudulent caller
Check the comment section below for additional information, share what you know, or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below. And, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search
Note: Some of the information in samples on this website may have been impersonated or spoofed.
Comments, Questions, Answers, or Reviews
To protect your privacy, please remove sensitive information from your comments, questions, or reviews. We will use your IP address to display your approximate location to other users when you make a post. That location is not enough to find you.
Your post will be set as anonymous because you are not signed in. An anonymous post cannot be edited or deleted, therefore, review it carefully before posting. Sign-in.
Write Your Comment, Question, Answer, or Review