How do I request a verified badge for my profile?
To request a verified badge, you must be a public figure, celebrity or brand and meet certain account and eligibility requirements.
To request a verified badge:
- Make sure you're logged in to the account you're requesting a verified badge for.
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings
- Tap "Account"
- Tap "Request Verification"
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (example: government-issued photo ID).
Keep in mind t hat even if your account is eligible for verification, submitting a request doesn't guarantee that your account will be verified.
What are the requirements to apply for a verified badge?
We look at a number of factors when evaluating Instagram accounts to determine if they're in the public interest and meet our verification criteria.
In addition to following Instagram's Terms of Service and Community Guidelines, your account also needs to be:
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts. We don't verify general interest accounts (example: @puppymemes).
- Complete: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo and at least one post. Your profile can't contain "add me" links to other social media services.
- Notable: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand or entity. We review accounts that are featured in multiple news sources, and we don't consider paid or promotional content as sources for review.
Keep in mind that if you provide false or misleading information during the verification process, we will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to delete your account.
What happens after I apply for a verified badge?
Instagram will never request payment for verification or reach out to ask you to confirm your verification.
Once we review your request, you'll receive a notification letting you know if your account has been verified or not. If your request is denied, you can submit a new request after 30 days.
Keep in mind that Instagram can remove verified badges at any time, and may take away your badge or disable your account if you:
- Advertise, transfer or sell your verified badge.
- Use your profile picture, bio or name section to promote other services.
- Attempt to verify your account through a third party.
If your account doesn't have a verified badge, there are other ways to let people know you're authentic. For example, you can link to your Instagram account from your official website, Facebook Page, YouTube or Twitter account.
I have a verified badge on Facebook, why don't I have one on Instagram?
Only some public figures, celebrities and brands have verified badges on Instagram. Not all Facebook Pages with verified badges have verified badges on their Instagram accounts. Currently, only Instagram accounts that have a high likelihood of being impersonated have verified badges.
If you don't have a verified badge on Instagram, you can link to your Instagram profile from your official Facebook page to help let people know that you’re authentic.