www.playspotz.com - It is a Fraudulent Website

www.playspotz.com - It is a Fraudulent Website

Would you share this Article with others?  +

The website "www.playspotz.com" is a fraudulent one. The website which claims it will deliver all your favorite movies, music, and games across all your favorite platforms, is similar to the fraudulent websites: www.geeker.com, lilplay.com and tzarmedia.com. Online users who have used their credit cards on the fraudulent website, run the risk of their cards being fraudulently charged for undetermined amounts, even when they have cancelled their subscriptions.

They (playspotz.com) claim not to charge your credit card for the trial period, but will do so anyway, even if you cancel before the trial period is up. Also, they will charge you to cancel your free registration, and will periodical charge your credit card for an undetermined amount of money. And, the website doesn't have some movies, books and music it has advertised. I think this is another trick used to lure potential victims to the website.

Online user who have already subscribed to playspotz.com, are asked to contact their credit card company or bank for help to prevent the fraudulent website from fraudulently charging their credit cards, or refund their money if their cards were already charged.

Check the comment section below for additional information and share what you know or ask a question about this article by leaving a comment below.

Remember to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us at the following email address: info@onlinethreatalerts.com. And, report missing persons, scams, untrustworthy, or fraudulent websites to us. Tell us why you consider the websites untrustworthy or fraudulent. Also, to quickly find answers to your questions, use our search engine.

You can help maintain Online Threat Alerts (OTA) by paying a service fee. Click here to make payment.

To help protect your privacy, please do not post or remove, your full name, telephone number, email address, username, password, account number, credit card information, home address or other sensitive information in or from your comments, questions, or reviews. Also, remember to keep comments, reviews, answers respectful.

• May 20, 2020 at 1:15 PM by info

"My name is Rebecca.

I have been scammed by this playspotz.com

I received a msg to my mobile number saying I won a competition from big W which I have entered and won I gave credit card details to pay to ship for the price I had won.

Only to receive an email saying I've signed up to playspotz.com and became a member.

This is fraud and I need help to cancel."

Received via email.

• April 14, 2020 at 4:50 AM by an anonymous user from: Hughesdale, Victoria, Australia

Please give my money back as I didn't authorised it, or I am going to the police

• December 10, 2019 at 12:43 PM by an anonymous user from: Mechelen, Flanders, Belgium

Hello,

I filled in the form with credit card number just before I read this warning. What can I do the avoid that my account is charged?

• December 10, 2019 at 3:13 PM by info

Cancel the credit card you used and get a new one.

• November 22, 2019 at 9:04 AM by an anonymous user from: Tuen Mun, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I was charged too, I've already contact the bank once I knew.

• May 3, 2019 at 4:28 PM by an anonymous user from: Tsuen Wan, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

That's true. No free trial, just change your credit card.

• March 8, 2019 at 10:07 AM by an anonymous user from: London, England, United Kingdom

How do you stop this company sending emails, it's getting on my nerves!

• December 3, 2018 at 10:34 PM by an anonymous user from: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

How can I get back my money?

del

• December 4, 2018 at 12:44 AM by info

Open a dispute with your bank to have your money refunded.

• September 14, 2018 at 3:58 AM by an anonymous user from: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

how can I cancel the subscription?

• September 14, 2018 at 6:41 AM by info

You cannot trust them to cancel, therefore, you may need to cancel your card and get a new one to prevent them from continously charging you.

• September 10, 2018 at 7:26 AM by an anonymous user from: Elsene, Brussels, Belgium

I have been charged 2 times 49.95 €, 7/8/2018 and 7/9/2018 on my credit card, which I just blocked, and I have unsubscribed from the site playspotz.com, as far as I have been registered once.

It's a scam.

• September 6, 2018 at 2:32 AM by an anonymous user from: Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan

thank you.just about to fill up my information

• July 27, 2018 at 12:45 AM by an anonymous user from: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I am being debited $67 per month & bank cannot stop it they say. I will try again.

• July 25, 2018 at 12:10 AM by an anonymous user from: Auckland, New Zealand

my debit card has just been charged $76, don't even remember doing this but I have closed the account now.

• July 21, 2018 at 8:27 PM by an anonymous user from: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

my credit card had been just charge $70 , I used my hubby's credit card and he will be livid if he knew I used it , I just want to watch a game of football

• July 6, 2018 at 4:17 AM by an anonymous user from: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain

I have to put a denunciation in the police now because they are making me fraudulent charges for amount of almost 90 €.

Of course, i have already blocked the card. What more people sinvergüenza

• June 29, 2018 at 10:03 PM by an anonymous user from: Riyadh, Ar Riya?, Saudi Arabia

Thank you for sharing the information - will be helpful in cutting my losses. I have to contact my bank now to stop the credit card transactions.

• June 10, 2018 at 4:21 PM by an anonymous user from: Auckland, New Zealand

I also have been scammed by Playspotz . My bank is extremely unsupportive and is insisting I have visited this site and suggested that I have subscribed for a purchase .

I do not use and have no need for the merchandise this fraudulent site advertises . Why would I subscribe! I am very disappointed to say the least with my Bank for suggesting I don't know when I've purchased an item on line. So beware and change banks if you don't get any satisfaction .

Yvette.

• March 7, 2018 at 8:22 PM by an anonymous user from: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Just been scammed by this mob for $61.67. No idea how they did this. I've rung my bank who are investigating.

• February 22, 2018 at 3:04 AM by an anonymous user from: Auckland, New Zealand

I have been scammed as well and they have taken my money.

• February 6, 2018 at 10:21 PM by an anonymous user from: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Looks like I have been scammed as well.

• January 27, 2018 at 9:57 AM by an anonymous user from: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada

The b*stards hit me for 64 dollars and I have no idea how. This is the second time

• January 4, 2018 at 9:06 AM by an anonymous user from: Zagreb, City of Zagreb, Croatia

How I can get back my stolen money from the site?

• December 30, 2017 at 12:01 PM by an anonymous user from: Milan, Lombardy, Italy

How can I cancel the subscription to playspotz still in the trial phase?

• December 30, 2017 at 1:40 PM by info

You cannot, they are thieves. Contact your bank and have them cancel the card and get a new one.

• November 25, 2017 at 9:58 PM by an anonymous user from: Brampton, Ontario, Canada

I am not even able to go back on the website; it is just a blank screen; how am I supposed to cancel my subscription if I cant even get into the website; this is so bad omg.

• November 3, 2017 at 5:44 PM by an anonymous user from: Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands

It is completely unknown to me how they got my credit card number.

• November 17, 2017 at 7:37 PM by an anonymous user from: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

They have done it to me, never heard of them before.

• November 7, 2017 at 9:28 AM by an anonymous user from: Bedminster, New Jersey, United States

Same here! I started to sign up because it seemed like it was free but when they asked for card info and I read that it was a free trial and then it would start charging. I closed out of the site. Hadn’t entered any payment info at all yet today I see a charge for $49.95 to playspotz and I couldn’t even recall what or who that was.

• October 20, 2017 at 1:24 PM by an anonymous user from: San Jose, Costa Rica

I got $1 charge from playspotz.com; I already report to my bank.

• June 7, 2017 at 7:21 AM by an anonymous user from: Zagreb, City of Zagreb, Croatia

I got my credit card charged with 1 USD for service I never used. I do not even have a subscription or account at playspotz and funlizard (both fraudulent pages!). Please avoid the website.

As soon as I saw the expense on my credit card I called my bank (ZABA, Unicredit group in Croatia, EU)and reported a fraud. Now they are checking with the police and I am expecting my money back and some other measures to prevent further fraud from those two sites.

I think the little children playing games are their first victims, but also people trying to download movies.

• January 4, 2018 at 9:10 AM by an anonymous user from: Zagreb, City of Zagreb, Croatia

Im from Croatia too, did you get your money back?

I had problem with mofoplay page and also with spayspotz.

• May 16, 2017 at 8:25 PM by an anonymous user from: Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia

This is not a good source of income. I am just a student here in Australia. I just wanted to watch NBA. But what happens is I got charged 69.00aud$. They should go to jail. This is not fair taking advantage of the weakness of others.

• May 16, 2017 at 10:13 PM by info

• May 16, 2017 at 8:21 PM by an anonymous user from: Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia

How can I get back my money?

• May 16, 2017 at 10:12 PM by info

Contact your bank and have them cancel the fraudulent transactions and refund your money. You may need to get a new credit card to prevent the website from continuously charging it.

• May 1, 2017 at 9:55 AM by an anonymous user from: Huntsville, Ontario, Canada

I signed on for a 5 day trial at playspotz and canceled 3 days later. they have already billed my visa card for 1.00 US. I am trying to confirm my cancelation.

• April 21, 2017 at 2:20 PM by an anonymous user from: Cavan-Monaghan, Ontario, Canada

No matter how old you get some times one relearned lessons of life are rexpirenced at the point of ones embarrassment regardless of age.

• March 15, 2017 at 5:18 AM by an anonymous user from: North Vancouver District, British Columbia, Canada

I'll make comment when I get this thing canceled.

• May 15, 2017 at 10:28 AM by an anonymous user from: London, England, United Kingdom

How can I cancel?

• May 15, 2017 at 10:52 AM by info

Don't even try contacting the website to cancel. Contact your bank for help instead. Ask your bank to cancel the fraudulent transactions and refund your money. You may need to get a new credit card to prevent them from continuously charging it.

• February 28, 2017 at 8:56 AM by an anonymous user from: London, England, United Kingdom

I had never heard or knowingly corresponded with these wretched scammers and I can ill afford the money they have cheated me of. Have had no correspondence at all with them.

Averil Wood

• May 5, 2017 at 5:29 PM by an anonymous user from: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I'm in the same boat. I never knowingly even signed up for anything they offer. I was charged $1.68, $1.00, $68.85 on my credit card. No idea how they even got my number.

Keep your comment respectful or it will not be posted.

www.playspotz.com - It is a Fraudulent Website